Despite their compact, lightweight design, the DCF MPs feature a fully waterproof, nitrogen-filled body and high-performance multi-coated optical elements and phase-coated roof prisms. Their waterproof design makes them ideal for use on or around the water, as well as for observations in harsh weather and extreme climates.
- The compact roof prism design of the DCF MPs make them ideal for travel.
- The DCF MPS are waterproof, fogproof and nitrogen filled making them submersible to 1 meter with a JIS Class 6 rating. This allows the user to wash them clean when they get dirty or are accidentally soaked in salt water.
- Normally available only in the most expensive models, the phase-coated prisms found in the DCF MPs effectively cancel the phase difference created on the wave front of light passing through the prisms, thus producing sharp, high-contrast images with much improved resolution.
- PENTAX?s original inner-focus optics not only makes them smaller and lighter, but also assures a sharp, bright image without distortion.
- The DCF MPs features PENTAX?s exclusive Super-Multi-Coated lenses and BaK-4 prisms.
- These binoculars offer a minimum focusing distance of just 9.9 feet (three meters), allowing the user to capture a clear view of the subject from very close distances, making them ideal for such applications as bird watching and nature observation.
- Wide angle viewing of 6 degrees on the 8X binoculars and 5 degrees on the 10X binoculars.
- Maximum 20mm eye relief with adjustable 3 click stop helicoid eyepiece rings.
- The right eyepiece ring incorporates a diopter adjustment for near- and far-sighted users. Its click-stop mechanism prevents accidental shift during viewing.
- The DCF MPs are encased in a rubber housing to protect the optical elements and internal mechanisms from shock and damage for enhanced durability and reliability. The rubber housing also assures a firm grip even when the binoculars are wet and slippery.
- Their lightweight magnesium frame weighs just 16.2 ounces.
- The center-focus system allows accurate and speedy focusing on the subject with easy fingertip control ? without having to take the eyes from the eyepiece rings.
- As with all PENTAX binoculars, the DCF MPs are protected by a limited lifetime warranty.
|Type: ||Roof-prism center focusing |
|Lens Construction: || |
|Objective Lens: ||3 elements in 2 groups |
|Eyepiece Lens: ||4 elements in 3 groups |
|Coating: || |
|Lens: ||Multi-coating |
|Roof-prism: ||Phase-coating |
|Magnification: ||8X |
|Objective Lens Diameter: ||28mm |
|Real Field of View: ||6.0? |
|Apparent Field of View: ||48? |
|Field of View at 1000m: ||105m |
|Field of View at 1000 Yards: ||315 ft. |
|Exit Pupil: ||3.5mm |
|Eye Relief: ||20mm |
|Relative Brightness: ||12.3 |
|Diopter Adjustment Range: ||+/-3 |
|Diopter Adjustment: ||Diopter ring with click stop |
|Eye Width Adjustment Range: ||2.3-2.9 in. (58-74mm) |
|Focusing Range: ||About 9.9 ft. (3m) to infinity |
|Eyepiece Ring: ||Helicoid |
|Body Color: ||Black |
|Height & Width: ||4.6 x 4.7 in. (118 x 119mm) |
|Thickness: ||1.8 in. (45mm) |
|Weight: ||16.2 oz. (460g) |
|Waterproof: ||1m depth of water, Nitrogen filled |