- AA-filterless design achieves superior resolution
- Advanced 11 point SAFOX X autofocus
- 16.3 megapixel CMOS
- Air-gap-free 3 inch LCD w 921,000 dots
With the K-5 IIs, less really is more. Featured without an anti-aliasing filter to achieve superior resolution for highly detailed imagery, the K-5 IIs is feature rich and ready for nearly any environment, thanks to its weather sealed and coldproof design. With the K-5 IIs, less is more, and the proof really is in the details.
16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor
High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with integrated Analog to Digital (AD) conversion circuitry captures outstanding image detail with pixels to spare.
High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with improved noise performance throughout, including ISO-specific noise reduction.
Speedy 7 FPS framerate captures fast action shots in demanding situations.
77 segment metering system
Highly accurate 77 segment metering system for perfectly exposed images even in difficult lighting.
1/8000 shutter speed
A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed freezes even the fastest action without subject movement blur.
PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG files
Native support for both PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG 14 bit RAW files, including the ability to retrieve RAW data from JPG files if still present in buffer memory.
Customizable RAW/Fx button
Customizable RAW/Fx button allows for easy access to common shooting settings.
Anti Aliasing filterless design
Anti Aliasing filterless design achieves superior resolution for rich, detailed imagery at supreme resolution where camera settings, lens selection and shooting conditions are controlled to prevent moir?.
Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD
Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution offers a premium image review experience by eliminating the gap typically found between the LCD screen and screen cover, giving a brighter and sharper image.
1080p HD video
Capture widescreen HD video with stunning detail at full 1080p resolution and 25 FPS, including sound via a built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack.
100% field of view
High quality glass pentaprism viewfinder features 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification, for perfect framing accuracy.
An HDMI port outputs high definition images, video and sound to HDTVs.
HDR image capture
Improved in-camera HDR image capture features more blending options and better pixel registration for easier operation without a tripod.
Built-in electronic level
Built-in electronic level now features a tilt scale display in Live View.
Special effects filters
A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters encourages the photographer?s artistic expression.
SDXC memory card compatibility.
- Type: CMOS w integrated Shake/Dust Reduction sensor movement system
- Size: 23.7 x 15.7mm
- Color Depth: 8 bits/channel JPG, 14 bits/channel RAW
- Effective Pixels: 16.3 MP
- Total Pixels: 16.9 MP
- Still Resolution: 16M (4928x3264), 10M (3936x2624), 6M (3072x2048), 2M (1728x1152)
- Movie (resolution/FPS): 1920x1080p25, 1280x720p30/25, 640x480p30/25
- Quality levels: * * * * Premium, * * * Best, * * Better, * Good
- Dust Removal: DR II (ultrasonic vibration to filter) with Dust Alert function
- Type/Construction: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet stainless-steel mount
- Usable Lenses: PENTAX KAF3, KAF2, KAF and KA (K mount, 35mm screwmount, 645/67 med format lenses usable with adapter and/or restrictions)
- SDM Function: Yes
- Power Zoom Function: Yes
- Type: SAFOX X TTL phase-difference 11-point (9 cross) wide autofocus system with light wavelength sensor
- Focus Modes: AF Single (w focus lock, focus/shutter priority selectable), AF Continuous (w focus/FPS priority selectable), Manual
- Focus Point Adjustment: Auto 11 Point, Auto 5 Point, User-Selectable, Center
- AF Assist: Yes, via dedicated LED AF assist lamp
- Type: Pentaprism
- Coverage (field of view): 100%
- Magnification: 0.92X (w 50mm F1.4 at infinity)
- Standard Focusing Screen: Natural-Bright-Matte III (interchangeable)
- Diopter Adjustment: -2.5m to 1.5m
- Depth of Field Preview: Optical (diaphragm stop-down), Digital
- Type: 3.0" TFT color LCD with brightness/color adjustment and AR coating
- Resolution: 921,000 dots
- Wide Angle Viewable: Yes
- Type: TTL by CMOS image sensor
- Field Of View: 100%
- Display Modes: Magnification (2-6X AF, 2-10X MF), Grid Overlay (4x4, Golden Ratio, Scale), Bright/Dark Indication, Histogram
- Autofocus: Yes, Contrast + Face Detection, Contrast Detection, Phase Difference
- Type: Retractable P-TTL popup flash
- Guide Number: 13m (ISO 100)
- Coverage: 28mm wide angle (equiv 35mm)
- Flash Modes: On, Redeye, Slow Sync, Slow Sync + Redeye, Trailing Curtain Sync, Wireless
- Flash Exposure Compensation: -2 to 1 EV (1/2 steps)
- Type: Hotshoe (P-TTL), high speed sync and wireless w PENTAX dedicated flash, X-Sync Socket
- Synchronization Speed: 1/180 sec
- Internal Memory: n/a
- Removable Memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC (via firmware update)
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, HDMI out, DC in, cable switch, 3.5mm stereo microphone, X-sync socket
- Video Out: HD (via HDMI), NTSC, PAL
- Printer Interfaces: n/a
- Power Source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI90, D-BG4 Battery Grip (optional) for 2nd D-LI90 battery or 6X AA batteries
- Recordable Images: Approx 980 (approx 740 w 50% flash, CIPA)
- Playback Time: Approx 440 min
- Movie Recording Time: Approx 25 min (automatic overheat shutdown protection)
- AC Adapter Available: Yes (optional)
- Body Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.2 x 3.8 x 2.9"
- Body Weight: Without battery or removable memory: 23.3 oz.
- Loaded and Ready: 26.1 oz.
- Construction Material(s): Magnesium-alloy shell over stainless-steel chassis
- Weather Resistant: Yes (77 weather protection seals)
- Operating Temperature: 14-104?F (-10 to 40?C)
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), Japanese
- Type: Sensor-Shift Shake Reduction with rotational compensation (4 stops max)
- Electronic Level Function: Yes, verification via viewfinder and LCD panel
- Type: TTL open-aperture 77 segment metering
- Sensitivity range: EV 0 to 22 (ISO 100, 50mm F1.4)
- Multi-segment: Yes (77 segments)
- Center Weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5 EV (1/3 and 1/2 steps)
- Exposure Lock: Yes
- Exposure Bracketing: Yes (2, 3, or 5 frames, up to +/- 2 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 steps)
- Auto: ISO 100-12800 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), expandable to ISO 80-51200, Bulb mode up to ISO 1600, auto ISO range selectable
- Manual: 100-12800 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), expandable to ISO 80-51200, Bulb mode up to ISO 1600
- Auto Preset Modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent (D, N, W, L), Tungsten, Flash, CTE
- Manual Mode(s): Yes, 3 manual and 3 Kelvin temperature presets available, copy WB settings from a captured image available
* WB fine adjustment available in all modes
- Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-run, focal plane shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/8000 to 30 sec (1/3 or 1/2 steps), Bulb
- Mode Selection: Green, Hyper Program (P), Sensitivity Priority (Sv), Shutter Priority (Tv), Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter & Aperture Priority (TAv), Metered Manual, Bulb, X-Speed, USER (5 presets), Movie
- Custom Image Modes: Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Muted, Monochrome, Reversal Film, Bleach Bypass
- All include gamut radar and fine adjustment of saturation, hue, high/low key, contrast, and sharpness (regular and fine adjustment scales). Monochrome mode includes adjustments for filter effects (green, yellow, orange, red, magenta, blue, cyan, infrared), toning (sepia, warm/cool), high/low key, contrast, and sharpness (regular, fine, and extra sharp adjustment scales).
- Green simplified mode available: Yes
- P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M, B (extended modes Sv, TAv)
- Date Stamp: n/a
- Digital Filters (capture): Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Extract Color, Soft, Starburst, Fisheye, Custom
- Data Record: Folder name (standard, date), file name (standard, customizable), embed copyright
- Mode Selection: Single, Continuous (Hi, Lo), Self-Timer (12s, 2s), Remote (0s, 3s, continuous), Auto Bracketing (standard, timer, remote), MLU (standard, remote), HDR Capture (+3, 0, -3 with 5 blend settings and pixel alignment), Multi-Exposure (2-9 shots), Interval (999 shots, 1 sec to 24 hrs, time delay available)
- Continuous FPS: Continuous Hi: Approx 7.0 FPS (30 JPG, 8 RAW); Continuous Lo: Approx 1.6 FPS (unlimited JPG, 10 RAW)
- Self-timer: Yes (12s, 2s)
- Remote Control: Yes, infrared (0s, 3s, continuous), cable switch
- Mode Selection: One Shot (no data, basic data, full data, color channel histogram, bright/dark indication, copyright info), Multi Image Display (4, 9, 16, 36, 81 thumbnails), Calendar Filmstrip, Folder, Magnification, Select & Delete, Movie Playback (no data, basic data, full data), Save RAW Data From JPG (if available in buffer memory)
- Mode Pallet: Image Rotation, Digital Filter, Resize, Cropping, Slideshow, Save as Manual WB, RAW Development, Index Print, Image Comparison, Protect, DPOF, Movie Edit, Extract JPG from Movie
- Magnification: Up to 32X, scrollable, quick magnification)
- Digital Filters (playback): Toy Camera, Monochrome (filter, toning), Retro, Color, High Contrast, Soft, Extract Color, Starburst, Sketch, Watercolor, Fisheye, Pastel, Slim, Miniature, HDR, Posterization, Base Parameter Adj, Custom
- Still: RAW (PEF, DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.21), DCF 2.0 compliant, DPOF, PIM III
- Movie (compression): AVI (Motion JPG)
*For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP (SP3 or later)/Vista/7, (can be run as 32-bit in x64 Win) USB 2.0 port
- Mac: MacOS-X 10.4.11, 10.5 or 10.6 USB 2.0 port