- Compact, magnesium alloy body: One of the smallest DSLRs in its class, the K-7's compact, magnesium alloy body lets you travel light while still maintaining durability and build quality.
- 14.6 megapixels: The redesigned 14.6 megapixel CMOS sensor offers improved noise control, four channel output for faster image capture and movie capture capabilities. Plus the new sensor offers the ideal combination of resolution and file size, allowing for large prints and cropping flexibility.
- 3 inch LCD: The 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dot resolution is perfect for detailed image or movie capture and review and is ideal for the Live View function.
- Weather, dust and cold resistant: The K-7 is weather, dust and cold resistant (to 14 degrees F or -10 degrees C), making it ideal for use in any environment.
- New PRIME II Image processing engine: Fast 5.2 frame-per-second shooting with the powerful new PRIME II Image processing engine, which features fast circuitry and low noise image processing. Ideal for sporting events or any fast-action situation.
- High top shutter speed: A top shutter speed of 1/8000 sec freezes even the fastest action and gives creative control over apertures in well-lit settings.
- New 77-segment metering system: A new 77-segment metering system quickly and accurately determines exposure, even in the most complex and dynamic lighting situations.
- Live View mode: Live View mode, with contrast AF, Face Detection and optional histogram, grid and bright/dark area display, allows you to quickly compose your images without having to position your eye against the viewfinder.
- 100 percent field-of-view viewfinder (with 0.92X magnification) and bright focusing screens are ideal for accurate image composition and focus.
- Widescreen HD Movie Capture features adjustable quality settings and aperture control, as well as Shake Reduction and an external microphone terminal for recording stereo sound.
- High resolution playback: HDMI port with selectable output resolution (1080i, 720p, 480p and auto) offers high resolution playback of images and video on high definition TVs.
- Multiple exposure settings: Multiple exposure settings, including Green, Program, Sv, Tv, Av, TAv, M, Bulb, X-sync, Movie and USER modes, provide extensive creative control over the exposure for photographers of all experience levels.
- Faster, more responsive AF: The PENTAX 11-point autofocus system features improved focus algorithms over previous-generation K-series DSLR cameras, providing faster, more responsive AF. A dedicated AF-assist lamp further improves autofocus response and accuracy in low light conditions.
- Shake Reduction system: The PENTAX-original Shake Reduction system now compensates for rotational sensor movement, improving the sharpness of your images at the moment of capture.
- Dust-free image capture: The K-7's Dust Reduction system, improved over previous K-series cameras, features a piezo-ceramic vibration action to the sensor's low-pass filter for dust-free image capture.
- Advanced white balance settings: Advanced white balance settings include highly customizable white balance fine tuning, color temperature adjustment and post image capture manual white balance selection for perfect pictures, even in the most difficult lighting.
- Extended battery life: New high capacity battery offers considerably longer life. Ideal for travel photography or video work.
- Electronic level function: Electronic level function ensures your pictures have level horizons, minimizing post-capture editing.
- Advanced image capture settings: Advanced image capture settings, digital filters and aspect ratio provide outstanding flexibility and creativity while minimizing the need for computer image manipulation.
- Custom Image modes: Custom Image modes with advanced parameter settings including new Key adjustment, allow you to customize your processing mode to your creative style.
- Dynamic Range setting: A Dynamic Range function with highlight and adjustable shadow correction brings out hidden or lost details in both highlights and shadows, even in the most contrasted dynamic lighting.
- Lens Correction function: A Lens Correction function adjusts for Distortion and Lateral Chromatic Aberrations, allowing you to maximize your image quality for every digital lens.
- Dedicated PC socket: Dedicated PC socket for studio flash offers convenience for the studio photographer without adding hotshoe adapters.
- Mirror Lock-up function: A dedicated Mirror Lock-up function eliminates image blur due to mirror movement during long exposures.
- HDR image capture mode: An HDR image capture mode blends three separate image exposures to widen the exposure gamut, bringing out detail in all exposure areas of your images.
|PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS |
|Manufacturer?s Warranty - Hardware ||1 Year |
|Lens (Pentax 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (NONE WR) ||Included |
|Megapixels ||14.6 |
|Storage Media Type ||Secure Digital (SD) |
|Compatible with Windows PC ||Yes |
|Electronic Flash ||Built-in |
|LCD Viewer ||3 Inch |
|Optical Zoom ||3x |
|PictBridge ||Compatible |
|Still Picture Capture ||Yes |
|Self Timer ||Yes |
|Compatible with Macintosh ||Yes |
|Video Movie Capture ||1280x720 |
|Sound ||Yes |
|Anti Shake Mode ||Yes |
Pentax K-7 Camera Body - Li-ion Battery D-LI90 - Software CD-ROM S-SW90 - USB Cable I-USB7 - AV Cable I-AVC7 - Battery Charge Cradle D-BC90 - AC Plug Cord - Strap O-ST53 - Hotshoe Cover FK - Eyecup FR - Body Mount Cover - Finder Cap for ME - Focusing Screen MF-60 Frame Matte - Bottom Cap - PC Socket Cap - Pentax 1 Year Limited Warranty