- 20 megapixel, AA Filter-less CMOS sensor
- Built-in WiFi connectivity and NFC for easy pairing
- All weather shooting (Weather Resistant Body and Lens)
- Compact body design and ultra-compact retractable zoom lens
- 18-50mm WR Lens
Share Life's Adventures
Capture and share life?s adventures with the PENTAX K-S2. Building on the legacy of great SLRs, Ricoh Imaging brings you our first DSLR with WiFi connectivity, allowing you to seamlessly share your images to social media as well as browsing images from remote tablet or PC. Capturing sharp images has never been easier with its 20 megapixel, AA Filter-less CMOS sensor and Prime MII imaging engine. With the new clarity enhancement feature and advanced HDR mode, photographers will find their images have higher clarity of texture reproduction, even for subjects without distinct contours, such as clouds. Other new features include a vari-angle LCD that extends freedom of shooting from high angle to ground level view. The PENTAX K-S2 follows in the footsteps of other great PENTAX DSLRs with is weather and dust resistant body, allowing you to capture the perfect shot regardless of weather or environmental conditions. Completing your kit is an all-new retractable standard zoom lens. This ultra thin, weather resistant lens matches perfectly with the compact body of the K-S2, offering carry everywhere convenience, wherever life?s adventures take you. Shoot compelling images and share them instantaneously as the PENTAX K-S2 becomes your go-to photography companion.
20-megapixel AA-Filterless CMOS sensor
A high performance 20 megapixel AA-Filterless APS-C CMOS image sensor strikes the perfect balance between resolution and image quality.
Clarity Enhancement Feature and Advanced HDR Mode
Newly adopted clarity enhancement option adds more realistic texture impression to images by enhancing the spatial frequencies to match with human visual characteristics. Enjoy outstanding clarity even on screen-fit view on a variety of display monitors from a tablet PC to 4K high-resolution displays. Choose the Advanced HDR Mode (A-HDR) on the mode dial and "Clarity Enhancement" is automatically applied to images.
The K-S2 is the first PENTAX DSLR with a Vari-angle LCD. It extends the freedom of shooting position from high angle to ground level view. The 3.0 inch, 921K dot Air Gapless LCD construction ensures good visibility of displayed image even outdoors. The electronic level indicator assists precise composition.
With 100 weather seals throughout the entire body, your K-S2 ensures worry-free use in any weather condition or outdoor setting, be it rain or sand.
With the built-in WiFi and NFC module, users can wirelessly control camera operation, transfer images, and view images, making image transferring and sharing easy and seamless. A dedicated app (Image Sync) is available for Android and iOS devices. Image Sync app brings improved ease of use to wireless tethering.
Retractable Standard Zoom Lens
This ultra thin, weather-resistant lens matches perfectly with the compact body of the K-S2, offering carry everywhere convenience. At only 41mm in height, this ultra-compact zoom features SMC coating and weather-resistant design.
Pentaprism Viewfinder for 100% Field of View
Despite its compact size, the K-S2 features a glass prism finder with 100% field of view and approximately 0.95-times magnification (with a 50mm F1.4 lens at infinity) to cover the entire field of view for easy focusing and framing.
Customization options to fit all users requirements. Various settings can be registered on User1, User2.
Prime MII Image Processing Engine
The PRIME MII image processing engine is optimized for HD video capture, smooth live view, low chromatic noise, and low energy consumption.
In-body Shake Reduction (SR)
The In-body shake reduction (SR) mechanism effectively compensates for camera shake regardless of the lens type mounted.
2 E-Dial Operations
2 Electronic dials enable simultaneous adjustment of aperture and shutter speed settings.
High-sensitivity shooting at ISO 51200
High sensitivity shooting up to ISO 51200 improves noise performance throughout, even in low lighting.
SAFOX X AF System
The SAFOX X AF module ensures fast and accurate autofocusing, even in challenging situations such as extremely low light environments. Equipped with 11 focusing points (9 cross-sensor points), the Center point also works with F2.8 luminance flux. Expanded area AF allows for accurate focusing, even on moving subjects.
Smallest Weather-Resistant DSLR
The combination of K-S2's world?s smallest weather resistant DSLR body and ultra thin zoom lens allows for compact size with exceptional DSLR power.
High-speed shutter to capture fast-moving subjects in crisp focus
The K-S2 provides a top shutter speed of 1/6000 second to capture the decisive moment. Coupled with its high-speed continuous shooting function (with a top speed of 5.4 images per second), it lets the photographer freeze once-in-a-lifetime shutter opportunities. Versatile drive settings include: Multi-exposure, Interval shooting and Interval composite.
Full HD movie recording with stereo audio
The K-S2 captures beautiful Full HD movie clips at 30fps, which assures flawless, high-quality movies even with fast-moving subjects. It is also equipped with a built-in stereo microphone for recording natural sound during Full HD movie recording, as well as an external microphone connector. Capture time lapse movies in HD with the ?Star Stream? functionality, allowing you to record series of still images, such as stars, and save them as an AVI movie.
- Model: K-S2
- Type: Digital SLR
- Type: CMOS w primary color filter
- Size: 23.5 x 15.6mm (APS-C)
- Color Depth: 8 bits/channel JPG, 12 bits / channel RAW
- Effective Pixels: 20.12MP / Total pixels: 20.42 MP
- Dust Removal: SP coating and CMOS sensor operation
- Pixel Mapping: Yes
- Type / Construction: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet stainless steel mount
- Usable Lenses: KAF3, KAF2, KAF, KA mount lens (K mount, 35mm screw-mount, 645/67 medium format lenses useable w adapter and/or restrictions)
- SDM Function: Yes
- Power Zoom Function: n/a
- TTL: phase-matching autofocus, SAFOX X - 11 point (9 cross type focus points in the center)
- Sensitivity Range: EV-3 to 18 (ISO 100 / at normal temperature)
- Focus Modes: Single AF (AF.S), Continuous AF (AF.C), Auto select AF (AF.A)
- Focus Point Adjustment: Auto: 5 points, Auto: 11 points, Select, Expanded Area Select, Spot
- AF Assist: Yes. Dedicated LED AF assist light
- Focus Peaking: Yes. ON / OFF
- Type: Pentaprism
- Coverage (Field of View): approx. 100%
- Magnification: 0.95X (w 50mm F1.4 at infinity)
- Standard Focusing Screen: Natural-Bright-Matte III (interchangeable)
- Diopter Adjustment: Approx. -2.5m to + 1.5m -1
- Eye Relief: Approx. 20.5mm (from the view window), Approx. 22.3mm (from the center of lens)
- Depth of Field Preview: Optical (diaphragm stop-down), digital
- Type: 3.0" TFT color LCD w brightness / saturation / color adjustment
- Resolution: 921,000 dots
- Wide Angle Viewable: Yes. TFT color LCD monitor featuring an air-gapless structure with an AR coated, tempered-glass front panel. Swing-out vari-angle monitor.
- Type: Retractable P-TTL pop-up flash
- Guide Number: 12 (ISO 100/m)
- Coverage: 28mm wide angle equivalent
- Flash Modes: Auto Flash Discharge, Auto Flash + Red-eye Reduction (Auto Picture, Scene) Flash On, Flash On+ Red-eye Reduction, Slow-speed Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync, Manual Flash Discharge (Full-1/128)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: -2 to +1 EV (1/3 steps)
- Type: Hotshoe (P-TTL), Leading Curtain Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync, Contrast-control-sync, High speed sync, wireless sync (available with 2 dedicated external flash)
- Synchronization Speed: 1/180 sec
- Removable Memory: SD, SDHC and SDXC Memory Card (Conforms to USH-1 standards), Eye-Fi card, FLU card.
- Internal Memory: n/a
- Ports: USB 2.0 (micro B, high-speed compatible), HDMI output terminal (Type D)
- USB Connection: MSC / PTP
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphone, Recording Sound Level adjustable (Recording level meter)
- Power Source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI109 (included)
- Recordable Images: approx. 480 (410 w 50% flash, CIPA),
- Playback Time: approx. 270 min,
- Movie Recording Time: 25 min max time (4GB) per clip, thermal cutoff
- AC Adapter Available: Yes. K-AC128 (optional - sold separately)
- Body Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.82" x 3.58" x 2.55" (excluding protrusions)
- Body Weight Without Battery or Removable Memory: 21.7 oz (618g)
- Loaded and Ready: 23.9 oz (678g)
- Primary Construction Material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate over metal chassis
- Operating Temperature: 32-104 degrees F (0 to 40 degrees C)
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese
- Type: Sensor-shift SR w rotational compensation (3 stops avg CIPA, 4 stops max)
- TTL open aperture, 77 segmented metering
- Sensitivity Range: EV 0 to 22 (ISO 100, 50mm F1.4)
- Metering Patterns (multi, center, spot): Multi 77, Center, Spot
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5 EV (1/3 and 1/2 steps)
- Exposure Lock: Yes
- Exposure Bracketing: Yes. 3 frames, up to +/- 3 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 steps
- Auto: 100-51200 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), auto range selectable
- Type: Image sensor detection w light wavelength sensor detection AUTO WB, Multi Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent Light (D:Daylight Color, N:Daylight White, W:Cool White, L:Warm White), Tungsten Light, Flash, CTE, Manual WB, Color Temperature Configuration, Copying the white balance setting of a captured image
- WB Fine Adjustment: +/- 7 steps A-B axis or G-M axis
- Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-run, focal plane shutter
- Shutter Speed: Auto: 1/6000 to 30 sec., Manual: 1/6000 to 30 sec. (1/3EV steps or 1/2EV steps), Bulb
- Mode Selection: Program (P), Sensitivity Priority (Sv), Shutter Priority (Tv), Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter & Aperture Priority (TAv), Manual (M), Bulb (B), A-HDR, Scene (SCN), Auto Picture (AUTO), Movie, USER 1 & 2
- Auto Picture Mode: Auto Picture mode (Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Sunset, Blue Sky, Forest), Scene Mode (Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Sunset, Blue Sky, Forest, Night Scene, Night Scene HDR*, Night Snap, Food, Pet, Kids, Surf & Snow, Backlight Silhouette, Candlelight, Stage Lighting, Museum) Advanced HDR* (Exposure bracket value selectable from +/-1, +/-2 or +/-3EV )Program, Sensitivity Priority, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Shutter & Aperture Priority, Manual, Bulb (* JPEG only)
- Custom Image Modes: Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Radiant, Muted, Bleach Bypass, Reversal Film, Monochrome, Cross Processing
- Green Simplified Mode Available: Yes
- Face Detection Available: Yes
- Date Stamp: n/a
- Digital Filters (Capture): Extract Color, Replace Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Unicolor Bold, Bold Monochrome
- Dynamic Range Adjustment: Highlight, shadow
- File/Folder Customization: Folder name (standard, date), create new folder, embed copyright
- Still Image: Single frame, Continuous (H, L), Self-timer (12s., 2s., Continuous), Remote Control (0s., 3s., Continuous), Bracketing, Multi-exposure (Possible to use with Continuous, Self-timer or Remote Control), Interval Shooting, Interval Composite
- Movie: Remote Control, Interval Movie recording, Star Stream, Continuous FPS
- Max. approx. 5.5 fps, JPEG (L: *** at Continuous H): up to approx. 30 frames, RAW: up to approx. 9 frames
- Max. approx. 3.0 fps, JPEG (L: *** at Continuous L): up to approx. 100 frames, RAW: up to approx. 15 frames *ISO100
- HDR: Auto, HDR1, HDR2, HDR3, Exposure Bracket Value adjustable +/- 1-3 EV (1/1 steps)
- Mode selection: Single frame, multi-image display (6,12, 20, 35, 80 segmentation), Display magnification (up to 16x, Quick magnification available), Rotating, Histogram (Y histogram, RGB histogram), Bright area warning, Detailed inf, Copyright Information (Photographer, Copyright holder), GPS information (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Time (UTC), Direction, Folder Display, Calendar Filmstrip Display, Slide Show.
- Edit: Color Moir? Correction, Resize, Cropping (Aspect ratio and Slant adjustment), Movie Edit (Divide or Delete selected frames), Capturing a JPEG still image from a movie, Saving RAW data in buffer memory
- Digital Filters (Playback): Base Parameter Adj, Extract Color, Replace Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Unicolor Bold, Bold Monochrome, Tone Expansion, Sketch, Water Color, Pastel, Posterization, Miniature, Soft, Starburst, Fish-eye, Slim, Monochrome
- Recorded Resolutions / FPS: 1920x1080p30/25/24, 1280x720p60/50
- Recorded Pixels: 4K / FULL HD / HD
- Frame Rate: 24p
- Quality Levels: FULL HD, HD
- File Formats (Compression): MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Sound: Audio gain adj
- Windows: Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit) / Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit) / Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit) / Windows Vista (32 bit/64 bit)
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7, 10.6