The AGHVX200A offers all the invaluable features of the popular AG-HVX200 and adds a higher-resolution 3-CCD imager and improved image performance.
The HVX200A is equipped with a 1/3" 16:9 progressive 3-CCD imager (effective resolution of 1.1 million active pixels with a spatial offset) that delivers outstanding image quality. It offers lower smear and a higher S/N ratio that results in lower noise and better low light performance than the prior model. The HVX200A's image quality is also enhanced by a new high-performance digital signal processor (DSP) featuring 14-bit A/D conversion and 19-bit inner processing. Equivalent to the processors used in many higher-end HD cameras, this new DSP ensures precise, beautiful recordings in all video formats. Because the HVX200A scans at native 1080P for the initial picture processing, users get the highest level of vertical resolution, whether shooting in HD or SD.
Wider Angle (13X) Leica Dicomar' Zoom Lens
The camera's lens system features a large 82-mm diameter filter including three asperical lenses. With its powerful 13x zoom lens, the camera offers a wide 30mm (35mm equivalent) viewing angle, covering most shooting situations without the need for a wide-angle conversion lens. The lens also features an Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) function that ensures stable images during shooting.
Variable Frame Rates for Fast- or Slow-Motion Effects
The HVX200A offers variable frame rate capability, providing the cinematic expression of higher-end cameras like the Panasonic VariCam' AJ-HDC27. In 720p mode, the HVX200A's frame rate can be set from 24p/30p to any of 20 steps between 12p and 60p, allowing for undercranking/ overcranking for fast or slow-motion effects in 720P. These effects can be dubbed to a DV tape after recording to offer some unique capabilities in the SD mode.
Outstanding P2 HD Reliability and Flexibility, Plus DV Recording
Offering the vast advantages of P2HD solid-state acquisition as well as a mini DV tape mechanism for shooting in SD, the HVX200A is ideal for transitioning from an older standard definition, tape-based infrastructure to a file-based, high definition production.
With two 32GB P2 cards installed, the camera records for up to 160 minutes in 720/24pN native. It can record up to 64 minutes in other full frame DVCPRO HD formats, 128 minutes in DVCPRO50, 256 minutes in DVCPRO. Recording times double with the upcoming 64GB P2 card.
- 1/3" 16:9 Progressive 3 CCD with Advanced Progressive Technology, effective 1.1 million pixelresolution
- 1080P capture at the initial A to D conversion, all other signals are generated from this
- Recording Formats: DVCPRO HD, 1080i/60i, 24P, 24PA, 30P; 720P/60P, 24P, 30P, VariableFrame Rates, 480i/60i, 24P, 24PA, 30P in DVCPRO/DV and DVCPRO50
- Internal Downconversion to Mini-DV Tape
- 4 channels 16 Bit recording in DVCPRO HD and DVCPRO50
- Pre-Record, 3 Seconds in HD, 7 seconds in SD, to always get the shot
- Loop Record for getting the shot when you don't know how long it will take until it happens
- Interval Recording for Motion Studies and Effects
- One Shot Recording for Animation
- Focus Assist, even during recording
- High resolution LCD and VF with peaking for easier focusing
- Multiple Gamma settings, Cine-look, News Gamma
- SD Memory for sharing scene files, or User files
- Host Mode for off-loading over IEEE1394 to basic 1394 Drive
- Thumbnail Display for ease of search and replay of footage
- Immediate record capability from Playback Mode
- 2 P2 Card Slots with Hot-swap capability
- 6 pre-set scene files, can be programmed for personal favorites
- Mini-DV tape drive for Transitioning customer
- SMPTE Color Bars
- Three Programmable User Buttons
- Illumination Indicator, as well as 2 Zebra Functions
- Focus readout can be set to percentages or footage
- Zoom readout can be set to percentages or mm setting of lens
- 2 ND filters, 1/8th and 1/64th
- Large Manual Iris Control
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Leica Dicomar HD Quality Wide Angle Lens
- Cam-Driven Zoom
- Full Time Code Functionality, including Time Code Jamming over Firewire from another device
- Auto Trace White, programmable to several locations including the Preset
- Two Manual White Balance Settings, with 2 Preset temperatures, 3200K, and 5600K
- Ergonomic design for hand-held work
- Break-away LCD flip design for protection of the LCD hinge
- Built-in Stereo Microphone, and 2 XLR inputs with Phantom power
- Quiet recording production value
- Remote Control for Zoom/Start/Tops
- Remote Control for Focus, Auto/Manual/Iris Control
- Ability to record Standard Definition or High Definition