Panasonic introduces its smallest camcorders ever. Offering high-resolution digital video, high-quality digital still images and easy PC connection, the new ultra-compact Palmcorder MultiCam? digital camcorders bring a new dimension to digital imaging products.
Designed for maximum portability and easy operation, new models PV-DC152* and PV-DC252** combine two high-quality digital imaging products in one lightweight, ultra-compact package. Both feature Panasonic?s PhotoShot built-in digital still camera feature to capture clear, crisp still shots that can be downloaded to a PC.The PV-DC252 adds the convenience of removable storage with an SD Memory Card/MultiMediaCard slot.
For most consumers, the camcorder is reserved for special occasions, but with a digital camcorder and still camera combination product this easy to use and no bigger than many 35mm film cameras, consumers may be encouraged to capture more of life?s precious moments spontaneously. The new ultra-compact line does not sacrifice quality, features or battery life for size. Features
- An IEEE 1394 digital interface1 plus an RS-232C serial connection for downloading digital still images to computers where they can be edited, included in e-mail messages or used in the creation of web sites.
- High definition 10x optical zoom and 700x digital zoom.
- The Zoom Microphone feature works with the optical zoom function to create a natural correspondence between recorded audio and images. When visually zooming in, the sound will also zero in on the subject. This puts emphasis on the subject and gives any video recording the feeling of realistically capturing the moment.
- Electronic Image Stabilization compensates for hand and camcorder movement while recording to help prevent jitter.
- The Progressive PhotoShot? mode enables users to record still pictures with higher resolution, finer details, and smoother image contours than the normal PhotoShot function. This feature captures the image data and temporarily stores it into two separate field memories. The two images of the exact same moment are then combined with no time lag, eliminating the need for simulations. This results in 1.5 times the resolution of standard-recorded stills for a beautifully clear and brilliant picture.
- MagicPix image enhancing feature for shooting full color video and stills in extremely low light situations.
- Multi-image playback feature allows the user to view 9 consecutive still images on the LCD screen in Playback mode. It?s great for analyzing athletic performance such as golf swings.
- P-I-P (picture-in-picture) feature: Using the LCD monitor, P-I-P lets users insert a small still shot over the video being recorded. The miniaturized digital still image appears in the right corner of the video during playback. This feature offers a quick, handy alternative to the typical establishing shot.
- Model PV-DC152 records high quality digital still images on mini DV tape. The PV-DC252 additionally features a USB port, SD Memory Card/MultiMediaCard slot, built-In SD drive and included 8MB SD Memory Card.
- ArcSoft photo editing software is also included with this model. The package contains a variety of programs that make it easy and fun to enhance, retouch and apply a wide variety of special effects to captured images. The software offers a direct link to picturestage.com, where users can upload their finished photos to personal albums or create gifts.