Good low light performance comes from larger sensors. The LUMIX ZS200 features a High-sensitivity 1-inch 20.1 Megapixel MOS sensor capable of 12800 ISO for excellent low-light performance.
LEICA DC Lens
Great lenses make great cameras. The LUMIX ZS200 features a superb 15X LEICA DC Vario-Elmar Lens that covers every scene from wide to telephoto (35mm camera equivalent: 24-360mm). To suppress hand shake, the lens features 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ in both photo and video recording.
Live View Finder
Excellent viewing clarity even in bright light comes from a 0.21-inch 2,330K-dot equiv Live View Finder. This LVF features a high magnification ratio of approximately 1.45x / 0.53x (35mm camera equivalent).
Venus Engine Processor
The LUMIX ZS200 Venus Engine enables the high-quality image capture and high-speed signal processing required for 4K video recording. Enjoy superior noise reduction and high ISO while shooting at max. ISO12800 / Extended ISO25600 with dramatically improved sensitivity, gradation performance, resolution and color reproduction.
Extended Battery Life
Enjoy long battery life with approximately 1.23 times the previous ZS100 battery life with the rear monitor and approximately 1.35 times the ZS100 with the LVF eco 30fps setting to shoot without hesitation while traveling.
- Rear Monitor: Approximately 370 images
- LVF: Approximately 250 images
- LVF eco30fps setting: Approximately 350 images
4K PHOTO Sequence Composition
Catch the trajectory of a dynamic action in a single photo. Then simply choose the frames that you want from the 4K PHOTO file to compose an action-packed shot.
4K PHOTO Auto Marking
Whether it's a bird taking flight, a balloon bursting or a person glancing backward, the camera detects the motion or your subject's face and automatically sets a marker. When selecting shots, you can quickly skip to that sequence.
High Speed Video in FHD
Record high-speed videos at 100fps in FHD quality. Capture scenes that can't be seen with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatic slow motion.
5-Axis Correction / Tilt Correction
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) detects and compensates for the camera's 5 types of movement to suppress blurring. The Level Shot Function detects the image's horizontal line and maintains it even if the camera is tilted.
Intuitive Touch Control
The rear monitor with a high resolution of approximately 1,240k-dot features higher visibility even for sunny outdoor shooting. Plus, a touch control immediately lets you set focus on the subject just by touching it on the screen, and you can even release the shutter.
Ultra High-Speed Focusing
Capture even the fastest moving action thanks to DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology. It instantly calculates the distance to the subject by evaluating two images with different sharpness levels, and achieves ultra-high-speed AF and 6 fps burst shooting with AFC. 10 fps burst shooting with AFS is also available.
L. Monochrome in the Photo Style creates impressive monochrome pictures with deep blacks and rich gradations like that of a B/W film.
RAW Data Development In-Camera
The LUMIX ZS200 can shoot images in RAW-format and even develop them inside the camera to adjust the following settings: Color Space Setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Photo Style, Intelligent D-Range Control, Contrast, Highlight / Shadow, Saturation, Noise Reduction, Intelligent Resolution and Sharpness.
- Large 1" High-sensitivity MOS sensor with up to 12800 ISO for excellent Low-light performance.
- Active hand-shake Suppression for both photo and video recording.
- Excellent viewing clarity even in bright light; 0.21-inch 2,330K-dot equiv. LVF with high magnification ratio of approximately 1.45x / 0.53x (35mm camera equivalent).
- Superb 15x Leica DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens (35mm camera equivalent: 24-360mm).
- 4K 30p video, 4K Live Crop, plus 4K PHOTO burst to capture unmissable moments.
- Camera Effective Pixels - 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter - 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 20.9 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture - F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0 (W), F6.4 - 8.0 (T))
- Optical Zoom - 15x
- Focal Length -
- f = 8.8 - 132mm
- 26 - 390mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3
- 24 - 360mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2
- 25 - 375mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9
- 31 - 465mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1
- 36 - 540mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 4K PHOTO recording
- 38 - 570mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1 4K PHOTO recording
- 36 - 540mm in 35mm equiv. in 4K video recording
- 25 - 375mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. Off / Level Shot function Off
- 27 - 405mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function Off
- 30 - 450mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function On
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) - 21x (3:2 / 10M (M)), 30x (3:2 / 5M (S))
- Intelligent Zoom - 30x
- Lens -
- LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR
- 13 elements in 11 groups
- (1 aspherical ED lens / 5 aspherical lenses / 3 ED lenses) (11 aspherical surfaces)
- Optical Image Stabilizer - 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. - 5-Axis compensation works in video recording except for 4K video or high-speed video recording.
- Digital Zoom - Max. 4x (Digital Zoom and Intelligent Zoom combine for a maximum of 4x.)
- Focusing Area -
- Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 100 cm - infinity
- AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 100 cm - infinity"
- AF Assist Lamp - Yes (On / Off)
- Focus -
- AF / AF Macro / Macro Zoom - Each available with AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous)
- Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion picture recording), Touch AF/AE Function, Touch Shutter, Eye Sensor AF, Touch Pad AF, MF Assist, Touch MF Assist, AF+MF, Focus Peaking, One Shot AF (Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF-ON), Low Light AF, Starlight AF
- Post Focus - Yes
- Focus Stacking - Yes
- AF Metering - Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-area / Custom Multi / 1-area / Pinpoint - Full area touch is available
- Shutter Speed -
- Still Image:
- Approx. 60 - 1/2,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter)
- Approx. 1 - 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter)
- Time (Approx. 120 sec)
- Motion Picture:
- Approx. 1/30 - 1/16,000 sec
- Approx. 1/25 - 1/16,000 sec (in 24p recording)
- Approx. 1/2 - 1/16,000 sec (Creative Video M Mode / MF Mode)
- Viewfinder -
- 0.21" LVF (Live View Finder) (2,330k dots equiv.), Field of View: Approx. 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 1.45x / 0.53x (35 mm camera equivalent)
- File Format -
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.31) / RAW
- 4K PHOTO: MP4
- Motion Picture: AVCHD (Audio format: Dolby Audio 2ch), MP4 (Audio format: AAC 2ch)
- Mode Dial - Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Creative Video, C (Custom), Panorama Shot, Scene Guide, Creative Control
- Creative Control Mode - Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome* / Silky Monochrome* / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus* / Fantasy / Star Filter* / One Point Color / Sunshine* (22 filters) *For photos only.
- Scene Guide - Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water*, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations*, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower*, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome *For photos only.
- Burst Shooting Mode (Approx.) -
- [AFS] H: 10 frames/sec, M: 7 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- [AFF/AFC] H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)"
- 4K PHOTO Mode -
- 4K Burst: 30 frames/sec, max. 15 min
- 4K Burst (S/S): 30 frames/sec, max. 15 min
- 4K Pre-Burst: 30 frames/sec, approx. 2 sec
- Exif Information: Yes (Each JPEG image cropped out of the 4K burst file complies with EXIF.)
- Auto Marking Function: Auto / Face Priority / Motion Priority (in 4K Burst mode and 4K Burst (S/S) mode)"
- High Speed Video - MP4 [Full HD] 1920x1080 FHD/30p (Sensor Output is 120fps)
- Continuous Recordable Time (Motion Picture) -
- 4K/30p: Approx. 90 min
- FHD/60p: Approx. 100 min
- FHD/60p: Approx. 100 min
- FHD/60i: Approx. 100 min
- Actual Recordable Time (Motion Picture) -
- 4K/30p: Approx. 45 min
- FHD/60p: Approx. 50 min
- FHD/60p: Approx. 50 min
- FHD/60i: Approx. 50 min
- Exposure - Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation - 1/3 EV step, +/-5 EV (+/-3 EV for motion picture / 4K PHOTO)
- Light Metering - Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- ISO Sensitivity -
- Still Image: Auto / i.ISO / 80 / 100 / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600 - Extended ISO
- Motion Picture: Auto / 80 / 100 / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 - Extended ISO (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
- Still Picture Recording -
- 4:3 - 4864x3648 (17.5M) (L) / 3456x2592 (9M) (M) / 2432x1824 (4.5M) (S)
- 3:2 - 5472x3648 (20M) (L) / 3888x2592 (10M) (M) / 2736x1824 (5M) (S)
- 16:9 - 5472x3080 (17M) (L) / 3840x2160 (8M) (M) / 1920x1080 (2M) (S)
- 1:1 - 3648x3648 (13.5M) (L) / 2592x2592 (6.5M) (M) / 1824x1824 (3.5M) (S)
- Image Quality - RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / Fine / Standard
- White Balance - AWB / AWBc / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2, 3, 4 / Color temperature setting (2-axis adjustable)
- Photo Style - Standard, Vivid, Natural, L. Monochrome, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Picture Adjustment - Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Saturation*, Color Tone**, Filter Effect**
- *Except for Monochrome mode.
- **For Monochrome mode only.
- AE Bracket - 3, 5, 7 images in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV step, Max. +/-3 EV
- Aperture Bracket - 3 or all positions in 1 EV step
- Focus Bracket - 1 to 999 frames, focus steps can be set in 10 levels
- White Balance Bracket - 3 images in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) - Yes (On / Off)
- Wi-Fi -
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- 2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch)
- WPA / WPA2
- Infrastructure Mode / WPS
- Bluetooth - Bluetooth v4.2 (Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE))
- Self Timer - 2 sec / 10 sec / 10 sec (3 images)
Playback Mode - All, Picture Only, Video Only, Slideshow (All / Picture Only / Video Only, duration & effect is selectable), Calendar
Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback - 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
Rating / Rotate Image / Protect - Yes / Yes / Yes
Show Histogram / Show Highlights - Yes / Yes
Retouch - Clear Retouch
Image Composition - Light Composition, Sequence Composition
Creating a Motion Picture from Still Pictures - Time Lapse Video, Stop Motion Video
RAW Processing - Yes
Resize / Cropping - Yes / Yes
Title Edit / Text Stamp - Yes / Yes
Video Divide - Yes
Direct Print - PictBridge compatible
- OSD Language - Please refer to "OSD" Sheet
- LCD Monitor -
- 3.0" (7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (1240k dots)
- Static Touch Control
- Field of View: Approx. 100%, AF Coating
- Built-in Flash -
- Auto*, Auto/Red-eye Reduction*, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- 0.6 - 6.8m (Wide / ISO Auto), 1.0 - 3.9m (Tele / ISO Auto)
- Recording Media - SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- - Compatible with UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)
- Built-in Memory - N/A
- Microphone / Speaker - Stereo / Mono
- Interface - microHDMI typeD, USB2.0 Micro-B
- Power - Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1025mAh, 7.4 Wh) (Included); USB power charging
- Battery Life (Approx.) - Approx. 370 images (rear monitor), 250 images (LVF), 350 images (LVF eco30fps setting)
- Standard Accessories - Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap