Samsung SSD 830 Series
2.5" SATA 6Gb/s SSD for Desktop PC & Laptop PC
- Samsung 3-core MCX controller
- Samsung 2x nm Toggle DDR NAND Flash memory
- Samsung 256MB DDR2 SDRAM cache memory
- Magician software for SSD management
- Black-tone, brushed metal design
- Only 7mm thick to accommodate the latest slim-profile laptop PCs
Outstanding Performance in Multi-tasking
The Samsung SSD 830 Series boasts superior random read speeds (up to 80,000 IOPS) and faster sequential read and write speeds (up to 520 MB/s & 400 MB/s respectively). It's the ideal solution for your everyday computing needs, such as web browsing, document creation, viewing or editing multimedia files, playing PC games, etc.
As the world's #1 DRAM, NAND Flash, and SSD supplier, Samsung has unique, industry-leading engineering resources, technologies, and manufacturing processes as well as more stringent quality and testing standards. All Samsung SSDs are designed and built completely in-house, rather than sourcing generic parts from the market. The Samsung SSD 830 Series is optimized for exceptional, sustained performance and unrivaled reliability through its specially-engineered wear-leveling and garbage collection algorithms.
The Samsung SSD 830 Series features stunning design and precision engineering ? inside and out. It measures only 7mm thick, so it can even accommodate the latest ultra-slim laptop PCs.
Samsung's SSD Magician software eliminates the confusion and uncertainties of SSD management, making it simple for users to maximize the performance and lifetime of their Samsung SSD. The software helps to maintain the SSD at its peak condition, giving you the same great performance and reliability throughout the life of your PC. In addition to its performance maintenance features, SSD Magician also provides system information and facilitates performance benchmarking, performance optimization, OS optimization, firmware updates, secure erasing, and over provisioning.
A complete, user-friendly Solution
The Samsung SSD 830 series is available with both desktop and laptop installation kits. The desktop kit comes with SATA data and power cables, screws, and a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter bracket. The laptop kit includes a SATA to USB adapter cable to facilitate easy data migration and a mounting spacer so that laptops with traditional 9.5mm drive bays can accommodate the Samsung SSD 830 Series' new slim profile.
All Samsung SSD 830 Series models include a full version of Norton Ghost 15.0, rather than the limited data migration utilities included with most SSDs today. In addition to its robust data migration features, Norton Ghost 15.0 offers users advanced data backup and recovery functionality to ensure data integrity throughout the useful lifetime of the drive.
Finally, Samsung takes the stress out of the upgrade process by offering the best, most extensive User Manuals in the industry.
- Samsung SSD 830 Series
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista, XP, MAC OSX, Linux
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit with SP2 and above)
- 100 x 69.85 x 7 (mm)
- 3.94 x 2.75 x .28 (in)
- SATA 6Gb/s (compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 1.5Gb/s)
- 2.5 inch
NAND Flash Memory
- 2x nm Multi-Level Cell Samsung Toggle DDR MLC NAND 1.0 Flash Memory
- Sequential Read: Max. 520 MB/s
- Sequential Write: Max. 160 MB/s
- 4KB Random Read: Max. Max. 75,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Write: Max. 16,000 IOPS
- Yes (Requires OS Support)
- Max. 61g
- Max. 0.13lbs
- 1.5 million hours MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- Active : 0.127W (Typical) (Active power is measured during execution of MobileMark 2007 in Windows 7)
- Idle : 0.078W (Typical) (DIPM enabled value)
- Operating: 0 to 60 degrees C
- Non-Operating: -55 to 95 degrees C
- 5 to 95 percent, non-condensing
- Operating: Random: 2.17Grms (7~800Hz)
- Non-Operating: Random: 3.08Grms (7~800Hz)
- Swept sine: 20G peak @ 10~2KHz
- 1500G & 0.5ms (Half sine)
- 3 years