2" crack top left corner of the frame set
1? scratch upper right LCD
Step up to the power of Full HD on a 40-inch LCD screen, with Samsung's LN40B550. The amazing 1080p resolution - the highest available - with Wide Color Enhancer renders the most crisp vivid tones, in every frame for the most realistic picture quality. Black tones and shadows are strikingly superb, thanks to the 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. The attractive Touch of Color design ? a red accent at the bezel's edge ? lights up any room. A fast 6ms response time offers smooth, clear action. Listen to files from your favorite media player, using the USB 2.0 input. Connecting your DVD, cable or satellite HD box, or Blu-ray Disc player is a snap, with four HDMI inputs. And thanks to SRS TruSurround HD technology, all the HD excitement sounds as incredible as it looks.
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Widescreen aspect ratio
- CCFL?Cold Cathode Fluorescent lamp
- 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone
- Wide Color Enhancer: Optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors.
- Built-in digital tuner: (ATSC/Clear QAM)
- Response time: A fast 6ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- USB 2.0 JPEG: For playing MP3 and displaying JPEG files through the USB 2.0 connection on selected Samsung TVs.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Single User Interface
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS) and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Bottom speakers with 10 Watts x 2 audio power
- Integrated woofer
- Anynet Plus (HDMI-CEC): allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- Energy Star Compliant reduces energy consumption by up to 25% compared with standard TVs.
- V-Chip system: Allows blocking of rated TV and Movie programs determined by a parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Variable sleep timer: Can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Swivel stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.3: (3 rear/1 side)
- Component video: 2 rear (Y, Pb, Pr)
- Composite inputs: 1 rear/1 side (shared with component)
- PC input: 1 rear
- Optical sound output: 1 rear
- USB 2.0 JPEG
- Panel: Wide (16:9) LCD
- TV system: American NTSC standard color
- Channel coverage: VHF 2-13, UHF 14-69, CATV 1-125 (up to 181 pre-selected channels)
- Antenna: CATV/VHF/UFH 75-ohm, F-type
- Watts per channel: 10W x 2
NET DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT (WXHXD)
- TV without stand: 38.7" x 24.7" x 3.1"
- TV without stand weight: 32.8 lbs.
- TV with stand: 38.7" x 26.6" x 10.0"
- TV with stand weight: 39.7 lbs.