The SSD You Trust
The newest edition to the world's best-selling SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops. With the latest V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
- Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware and configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and I0meter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances are Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s for 250/500 GB and 500 MB/s for 1 TB.
- Test System Configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU at 3.3 GHz, 4 GB, OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V.
- The TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 12 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 2/4 TB for 78 GB.
Up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written) than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications. The Samsung 860 EVO with V-NAND technology is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
- Warrantied TBW for 860 EVO: 150 TBW for 250 GB model, 300 TBW for 500 GB model, 600 TBW for 1 TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2 TB model and 2,400 TBW for 4 TB model.
- 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
- Series: SSD 860 EVO
- Usage Application: Client PCs
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Capacity: 4,000 GB (1 GB = 1 Billion byte by IDEMA). Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read - Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 520 MB/s Sequential Write - Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
- Random Read Speed: Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 98,000 IOPS Random Read Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 10,000 IOPS Random Read - Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
- Random Write Speed: Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 90,000 IOPS Random Write Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 42,000 IOPS Random Write - Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
- Controller: Samsung MJX Controller
- NAND Type: Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC
- Cache Memory: Samsung 4 GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- Trim Support: Yes
- AES Encryption: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0) TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- S.M.A.R.T. Support: Yes
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- WWN Support: World Wide Name supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Internal Storage: Yes
- Power Consumption (W): Average: 3.0 W, Maximum: 4.0 W (Burst mode), Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware and configuration
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 degrees C Operating Temperature
- Shock: 1,500G and 0.5ms (Half sine)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Product: 3.94" X 2.76" X 0.27"
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
- Product: 5 Years Limited Warranty or 2,400 TBW Limited Warranty