Redefine HD Gaming
- TeraScale Graphics Engine - The TeraScale graphics engine in the ATI Radeon HD 4890 features over one teraFLOPS, nearly one billion transistors and 800 stream processors so you can enjoy the high resolutions and fast frame rates previously only available with dual-card systems1.
- Advanced Memory - GDDR5 provides twice the data per pin of GDDR3 memory at the same clock speeds.
- Enhanced Anti-Aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering - High performance anisotropic filtering and 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) smooth jagged edges and create true-to-life graphics, for everything from grass to facial features.
- DirectX 10.1 - Play today while preparing for tomorrow with state-of-the-art DirectX 10.1 graphics capabilities.
- ATI CrossFireX Technology - ATI CrossFireX technology with up to quad GPU support offers superior scalability so your system is ready to level up when you are2.
- PCI Express 2.0 - Support for PCI Express 2.0 will prepare you for bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications.
- Power to Spare - This GPU has the brute processing power needed for physics, artificial intelligence, stream computing and ray tracing calculations.
1 Compared to previous generation ATI Radeon graphics processors.
2 ATI CrossFireX technology requires an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect and may require a specialized power supply.
Go Beyond HD Video
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) - UVD 2 frees up your CPU for other tasks so you get The Ultimate Visual Experience for even the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and now MPEG-2. Also, take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities1,2.
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT) - With ATI Stream technology, owners of ATI Radeon HD 4800 series graphics cards can help accelerate the conversion of standard and HD video into multiple formats for use on differing consumer electronics devices. The ATI Video Converter, designed to enable GPU transcoding of HD video streams, is currently available.
- Upscale Beyond 1080p - Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond3.
- Enhanced DVD Upscaling - Watch standard DVD movies in near high-definition quality with DVD upscaling. The GPU uses post processing algorithms to enhance standard and low resolution videos and movies on your HD display.
- Dynamic Contrast - Dynamic Contrast automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness during scenes to consistently deliver a crisp, vibrant picture.
- HDMI - Enjoy the latest audio technologies using HDMI with 7.1 digital surround sound support. Also, xvYCC support allows the user to enjoy a wider range of color when connected to a capable HDTV.
1 HD capable monitor required
2 Blu-ray drive required
3 The ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPUs can upscale video display to 2560x1600 on dual-link monitors which is almost twice the display resolution of 1080p displays.
- Dynamic Power Management - ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPUs deliver high performance when needed and conserve power when the demand on the graphics processor is low.
- Energy Efficient Manufacturing Process - Third generation 55nm chip uses the industry?s most energy efficient manufacturing process.
ATI Radeon HD 4890 System Requirements
- PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with 1x 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector and 1 x 150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express connector recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to https://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX system, a second ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per board are required.
- 1 GB of GDDR5 memory
- DirectX 10.1 support
- 800 stream processing units
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- Quad mode ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance1
- PCI Express 2.0 support
- Dynamic geometry acceleration
- Game physics processing capability
- ATI Avivo HD video and display technology2 - Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) for Blu-ray and HD , Video, Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT), DVD Upscaling, Dynamic Contrast, Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay technology2
- ATI Stream technology2
1 ATI CrossFireX technology requires an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect and may require a specialized power supply.
2 ATI PowerPlay, ATI Avivo HD and ATI Stream are technology platforms that include a broad set of capabilities offered by certain ATI Radeon GPUs. Not all ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphics cards have all features and full enablement of some capabilities may require complementary products.
- I/O Output: DL-DVI+DP+HDMI
- Core Clock: 850 MHz
- Memory Clock: 975 MHz, 3.9 Gbps
- PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
- 1024MB /256bit GDDR5 memory interface
- Dual Slot Active Cooler with 4 heatpipes, auto fan control
- HDMI onboard
- 7.1 Audio Channel Support
- Microsoft DirectX 10.1 support
- Shader Model 4.1 support
- Bundled with HDMI to DVI dongle