Sabio?s DM4 direct attached storage device is a full featured storage solutions for anyone looking for the high performance of a direct attached storage, with the recoverability of a multi-drive RAID solution. The high capacity, high performance and flexible connectivity options of the DM4 is a perfect solution for data intensive applications, like video and photo editing, graphics, engineering and design. The DM4 is the ideal solution for anyone who needs secure, reliable storage at a reasonable price.
Simple to Install and Manage:
- Simply connect the DM4 to power and the additional storage capacity is available to every PC, Linux or Mac computer.
- The DM4 comes with all the latest high performance ports; eSATA, Firewire 800, Firewire 400 and USB 2.0
- The DM4 uses the latest technology to provide a small, quiet, fault tolerant storage solution.
- Hardware RAID technology support allows the user to configure the system to recover from a hard drive failure, while providing high throughput performance.
- The switch based RAID configuration, removes the need for a software driver to be installed on a PC or a Mac, greatly reducing compatibility issues.
- The switch based RAID configuration also improves the throughput performance of the unit by reducing the software overhead on the unit.
- With eSATA connection, the system is capable of speeds up to 200 MB/Sec for read and 85 MB/Sec for write.
- The DM4 supports RAID configurations 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and 5+hot spare.
- DM4 supports up to four latest 3.5? SATA I/II drives with a raw capacity of up to 8 TB, for virtually limitless storage space.
- Drives are installed vertically for easier air flow that enhances the natural convection air flow with fans that bring in cold air from the bottom and push our hot air from the top
- The DM4 supports the time machine functionality of a Mac, and the built in backup/recovery features of Microsoft Windows products.