Why rent DVDs when you can make your own with the DCR-DVD101 Handycam camcorder. It records high quality digital video on 3-inch DVD-R and DVD-RW media that can easily be viewed on most current DVD players and PCs. It is even capable of capturing thousands of 640 x 480 resolution JPEG images, making it a virtual digital still camera. It?s perfect for vacations, holidays, or other family events.
Amazingly, the DCR-DVD101 is 29% smaller and 23% lighter than last year?s model. Despite it?s small size, it comes with all the features you would expect from a high-end camcorder, such as a 10X optical zoom, a 2.5" hybrid SwivelScreen? LCD display, and Super NightShot Plus infrared system. It even includes a 1.0 Megapixel Advanced HAD CCD imager and a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, which combine to give unmatched image quality.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
Super NightShot Plus Infrared System
- 1/6" Advanced HAD CCD Imager, 680K Pixels Gross
1/6" Advanced HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD imager with 340K effective video pixels provides excellent detail and clarity, for exceptional digital video (up to 500 lines of resolution) and still image performance. Realize great looking digital still images with 340K effective pixels.
- DVD* Format Video Recording
The DVD recording format delivers digital picture and sound quality comparable to that of MiniDV, but on DVD. Playback of the DVDs couldn?t be simpler. After finalizing the disc in the camera, the disc plays back in compatible DVD Players, computers and even PlayStation 2 video game consoles.
- 10X Optical/120X Digital Zoom
The optical zoom helps to bring the action up close from far away. In addition, the digital zoom interpolation means that extreme digital zooming is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zooms.
- Progressive Shutter System
A mechanical shutter system that provides progressive scan performance, while utilizing an interlaced scanning system. Digital images will be sharp and clear with excellent definition.
- 2.5" Hybrid SwivelScreen LCD Display (123K Pixels)
Provides excellent viewing clarity with improved resolution. The 123K pixel LCD rotates up to 270-degrees for multiple viewing angles, providing sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback. The Hybrid LCD Screen provides accurate viewing in sunlight or bright light, virtually eliminating the ?wash-out? common with traditional LCD screens.
- Analog Inputs
Record any analog NTSC source to digital video via the analog inputs. Perfect for archiving analog tape recordings. This recorded video can then be edited on your computer.
- Dolby Digital AC-3 (2-Channel) Stereo Audio Recording
An advanced form of Digital Audio recording, with sophisticated noise reduction technology, that provides outstanding, lifelike sound quality in any situation.
- Color Viewfinder
Provides a clear, color view of subjects and makes spotting and/or following subjects easier.
- Super SteadyShot Picture Stabilization System
An advanced version of Sony?s SteadyShot system that controls an even higher range of shake and vibration frequencies, to achieve an even higher level of smoothness without degradation of video like some other image stabilization systems.
- Intelligent Accessory Shoe
Conveniently gives you the option of adding accessories such as lights, flashes and microphones to the camcorder, which can communicate with the camcorder and also draw power from it.
- USB 2.0 Interface
USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your DVD Digital Handycam camcorder to computers for fast transfer of video and still images to your computer for editing. The camcorder can also be used as an external DVD burner, convenient for making copies of your DVDs or burning edited movies.
- InfoLithium Battery with AccuPower Meter System
Charge the battery at any time because unlike NiCad (Nickel Cadmium) batteries Sony?s rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries are not subjected to a life shortening ?memory effect?. Sony?s exclusive AccuPower meter displays the battery time remaining in minutes, in the viewfinder or the LCD screen.
Playback on all home DVD players, computer DVD drives, and PlayStation 2 consoles cannot be guaranteed. Some players, drives, and video game consoles lack the ability to read due to the optical reflection standard of DVD-R/RW discs and/or due to encoding incompatibilities. Refer to the specifications of your playback equipment for additional compatibility information.
- Imaging Device: 1/6", 680K Gross Pixels Advanced HAD CCD
- Video Actual: 340K Pixels
- Still Actual: 340K Pixels
- F: 1.7 ? 2.3
- Focal Distance: 2.3 ? 23mm
- 35mm Conversion: 43 ? 430mm (Camera Mode); 43 ? 430mm (Memory Mode)
- Filter Diameter: 25mm
- Optical Zoom: 10X
- Digital Zoom: 120X
- Focusing: Full Range Auto/Manual (Multi-Selector)
- Minimum Illumination: 5 Lux (0 Lux with Super NightShot Plus Infrared System)
- NightShot Infrared System: Super NightShot Plus
- Shutter Speed: Auto, 1/4?1/4000 sec (Program AE, Slow Shutter)
- Memory Mode: Yes, 640 x 480
- Viewfinder: Color, 123K Pixels
- LCD: 2.5" (123K) Hybrid Color
- Accessory Shoe: Intelligent
- Video Input/Output: Yes/Yes (Multi A/V, Special)
- Audio Input/Output: Yes/Yes (Stereo, Special)
- i.LINK DV Interface (IEEE1394): N/A
- USB 2.0*: Yes
- USB Streaming: N/A
- Headphone Jack: N/A
- Mic. Input: Yes (Stereo)
- White Balance: Auto/Outdoor/Indoor/Hold (Menu)
- Exposure: Manual, Multi-Selector (24 Steps)
- Power Consumption (VF/LCD/VF+LCD): 4.0W/4.3W/4.5W
- Software OS Compatibility: Microsoft? Windows? Me, 2000 Professional, XP Home, XP Professional
- Dimensions (WHD): 2" x 3 1/2" x 5 2/5" (51 x 88 x 136mm)
-Weight: 1 lb. 1 oz. (490g) without disc and battery