The pinnacle of the DVD Handycam line is Sony's new DCR-DVD803/E, the world's first 3.0 Mega Pixels DVD Handycam featuring DolbyR Digital 5.1 Creator, which incorporates a built-in 4-channel surround microphone so users can record their home movies in dramatic 5.1 channel digital surround sound for superior home theatre experience.
The 16:9 wide LCD screen enables users to easily switch from 4:3 to 16:9 widescreen format. The Hybrid SwivelScreen? LCD provides excellent viewing clarity and improved image resolution. The 123K pixel LCD rotates up to 270-degrees for multiple viewing angles, providing sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback and accurate viewing in sunlight or bright light, virtually eliminating the "wash-out" common with traditional LCD screens.
The new DVD Handycam series supports the DVD-R/-RW/+RW formats, allowing videos to be played back and written anytime on a vast majority of DVD devices available on the market. The recording system can directly film onto DVD+RW disc, allowing play back on the DVD player without the need to finalize the disc.
DCR-DVD803/E feature the newly developed DolbyR Digital 5.1 Creator, enabling users to record and play back 5.1-Channel DVDs at ultimate home theatre quality with either the built-in or optional 4-Channel stereo microphone. The new thumbnail menu feature makes it easy to play back DVDs, while the Picture Package software gives users a simple tool to copy videos from 8cm DVD to PCs and easily make copies to share with family and friends, or even edit as a personal music video. To add more excitement to the series, the design of the new DVD series is stylishly compact for easy carrying and shooting, perfectly in tune with today's trend towards everyday video shooting.
- Storage Type: DVD -R / -RW / +RW (8cm)
- LCD: 2.7" Wide , 16:9 Hybrid LCD Monitor (123K)
- Lens: Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T
- Optical Sensor: 1.3" Advanced HAD CCD
- Sensor Resolution Gross : 3310K Pixels
- Picture Effective : 3048K Pixels
- Movie Effective : 2048K Pixels
- Mega Pixel Engine
- Optical Zoom 10x
- Digital Zoom 120x
- Focal Lenght 1.8 - 2.9
- Minimum illumination (without Night Shot plus) 5 Lux
- White Balance Auto / Outdoor / Indoor/ One-push
- Image stabilization Super SteadyShot
- NightShot Plus Yes
- Easy Handycam Yes
- Multi-AV Connection Video in/out
- S Video in/out
- Audio in/out
- Active Interface Shoe Yes
- Build-In Flash (Fixed) Yes
- USB terminal Yes
- ViewFinder 123K
- Sill Image Format MPEG
- Digital Video Format JPEG
- Dolby Digital 5.1-Ch Audio Function Yes
- Dolby Digital 5.1-Ch Surround Recording ready with built-in