- 10x optical zoom Sony G-Lens with 25mm wide angle
- Capture breathtaking images in Sweep Panorama Mode
- 14.1MP CCD sensor and 3.0? LCD screen (230k pixels) to focus and view
- Capture your videos in HD Movie mode (720p)9
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization reduces in photos
- Take stable movies while walking in Active Mode
- iAuto automatically optimizes camera settings
- Smile Shutter mode automatically captures a smile
- Self-Portrait Timer makes self-portraits easy
- Motion Detection suppresses blur in people and other subjects.
- Anti-blink, Face Priority and Red-eye Reduction functions
- Customize the buttons on the MENU screen
- BIONZ image processor for high resolution and fast performance
- iSCN detects 8 scene conditions and adjusts camera settings
- Intelligent AF reduces shutter time lag as low as 0.3-sec
- DRO Standard and Plus recovers shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- 11 convenient scene modes
- Face Detection technology captures faces naturally
- Easy Shooting Mode simplifies camera operation
- Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes
- In-camera Retouching Tools to edit your photos
- High Sensitivity ISO 3200
- PHOTOMUSIC feature combines HD slideshow with music
- PhotoTV HD Mode with compatible BRAVIAHDTVs
- Function Guide helps explain menus and settings
- Card slot for optional Memory Stick Duo media and SD media
- Included lithium-ion battery for long-lasting power
- Includes PMB (Picture Motion Browser) and PMB Portable software
- Available in black and silver
- 3.0" Clear Photo LCD display (230k pixels)
Compose and show off your images on the large 3.0? (230K) Clear Photo LCD display, which features a special anti-reflective coating for sharp visibility, even in bright sunlight.
- 10x (25mm) Professional-quality optical zoom G-Lens
G lenses are used in top of the line digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras and advanced pro-sumer HD Camcorders. Capture the action up close with the 10x optical zoom, and with the 25mm equivalent wide angle lens the H55 even allows you to capture more of the scenes in landscape or group portraits
- 14.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
A powerful 14.1 megapixel 1/2.3? Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 14.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13x19?) size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- Sweep Panorama mode
IReach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama Mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 244 degrees. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode
MP4 is ideal for enjoying and sharing HD movies on your PC, Macor the Internet. You can record video up to 1280x720 at 30fps. A MP4 HD file is a compressed single file format, perfect for uploading to computers and Web sharing sites like YouTube.
- BIONZ Image Processor
The BIONZ image processor delivers the high resolution and fast performance you expect from a Sonydigital camera. Fast processing enables unique Sony features such as Sweep Panorama, Handheld Twilight, Antimotion Blur, HDR, etc to take and combine multiple images in less than a second to create wide panoramic images. Images have reduced grain and appear less washed out..
- Self-Portrait Timer
Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode
Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, and faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clearer images, faces with more natural skin tone, and less blur. By incorporating advanced features such as Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, iAuto mode lets you take advantage of the latest SonyCyber-shottechnology without leaving auto mode. Whether you?re shooting landscapes, capturing a beautiful flower, or taking pictures at an in-door birthday party or wedding shower, iAuto mode will optimize your camera?s settings to help ensure you come away with a great shot.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects eight different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape, and Macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode gives you the freedom to shoot movies even while walking or running. By providing up to 10x the correction of standard mode, Active Mode can compensate for excessive camera shake so you can move along with your subject while shooting.
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity Mode (ISO), you can select up to eight ISO settings (Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Face Detection technology
Sony?s Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection
Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Anti-blink Function
It?s frustrating to think you?ve captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer Standard and Plus
Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
- Intelligent AF
Thanks to Intelligent AF technology, capture fleeting moments like a child?s adorable expression with the ultra-quick AF which locks focus in as little as 0.3-sec.
- Scene modes
The DSC-H55 features 11 convenient scene modes: High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Portrait / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Advanced Sports /Gourmet / Pet.
- Easy Shooting Mode
With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
- Function Guide
This beginner-friendly optional function helps navigate through the various functions and settings displaying the description of chosen functions or settings on the LCD screen.
PHOTOMUSIC combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
- Viewing modes
Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions.
- PhotoTV HD
Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, high definition images with PhotoTV HD-capable SonyBRAVIAHDTVs. PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your PhotoTV HD enabled BRAVIA HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that look more like printed
- Lithium-ion battery
Included lithium-ion battery provides added convenience with longer lasting power than alkaline batteries (capacity of 310 images or 155 minutes for shooting still images).
- Multi-purpose Resize function:
The Multi-purpose Resize function lets you change the aspect ratio of an image right in the camera, so you can adjust images as necessary, whether you want to display them on a compatible HDTV5, or e-mail them / upload them to a blog4.
- Media card slot
For convenient storage and sharing of your images, the DSC-H55 accepts Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media (sold separately) or SD/SDHC/SDXC media (sold separately).
- Includes SonyPMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.02
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using an external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites
- Includes SonyPMB (Picture Motion Browser) Portable software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-H55 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.3" (7.76mm) Super HAD CCD Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ
- Media Type: 45MB internal Flash Memory, optional Memory Stick Duo Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), optional Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo, optional SD/SDHC/SDXC media
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Aprox. 14.1 Megapixels
- Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.9Mbps,6Mbps) / VGA (640 x 480) (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.3Mbps)
- Microphone/Speaker: Mono / Mono
- Lens Type: Sony G-Lens
- Aperture: iAuto(F3.5/F8.0(W)) / Program Auto(F3.5/F8.0(W)) / Manual(F3.5/F8.0(W)) (2 Steps with ND Filter)
- Optical Zoom: 10x
- Digital Zoom: Smart Zoom / Precision Digital Zoom / Off
- Total Zoom: Approximately 20x with Precision Digital Zoom
- Smart ZoomTechnology: 10M:Approx.11x(Total), 5M:Approx.16x(Total), VGA:Approx.67x(Total), 16:9(2M):Approx.22x(Total)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 4.25-42.5mm
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 7 groups (including 4 aspheric elements)
- Macro Mode: iAuto(W:Approx.5cm(0.16') to Infinity, T:Approx.100cm(3.28') to Infinity)
- LCD Type: 3.0"1 Clear Photo LCD (230,400 pixels)
- Histogram: Yes
- AF Modes: 9 points AF / Center Weighted AF / Spot AF
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Metering: Yes
- Scene Mode(s): High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Soft Snap / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Advanced Sports / Gourmet / Pet
- D-Range Optimizer: Plus / Standard / Off
- ISO: Auto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1(White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push.
- Drive Mode: Normal / Burst
- Self-timer: Yes (Off / 2 sec. / 10 sec.)
- Shutter Speeds: iAuto(2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto(1" - 1/1,600) / Manual(30"-1/1600)
- Burst Mode: Approx.1.84 fps at 14.1MP (maximum 4 shots)
- Flash Modes: Auto / On / Slow Syncro / Off
- Flash Coverage: ISO Auto: Approx.0.25-Approx.4.1m(Approx.0.82'-Approx.13.5')(W) / Approx.1.0-Approx.2.6m(Approx.3.28'-Approx.8.53')(T), ISO3200: up to Approx.8.2m(Approx26.9)(W) / Approx.5.2m(Approx17.06')(T)
- Red-Eye Reduction: Auto / On / Off
- Date / Time Stamp: Available in the included PMB software.
- Erase/Protect: Yes/Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes/Yes
- Power Save Mode: Standard / Stamina /Off
- Face Detection: 8 Faces (Auto / Off / Child Priority / Adult Priority)
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- In-Camera Editing: Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- NightFraming System: No
- NightShotInfrared System: No
- SD Output: Yes
- HD Output: Component (1080i)
- USB Port(s): Yes - USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- TransferJet: No
- PictBridge Compatible: Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): W x H x D: 4 1/8" x 2 3/8" x 13/16" (102.9mm x 57.7mm x 28.9mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Body: Approx. 6.0oz. (170g), With battery and Memory Stick media: 7.1oz. (200g)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM G type 3.6V
- Battery Capacity: Approx. 155 minutes / Approx. 310 images (when shooting still images)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.1W
- Supplied Software: Picture Motion Browser Ver 5.0, PMB Portable 5.0 (for Windows), PMB Portable 1.1 (for Macintosh), Music Transfer
- Operating System Compatibility: MicrosoftWindows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, MacintoshOS X(v10.4-v10.6)
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor
Multi Connector Cable (A/V, USB)
Rechargable Battery Pack (NP-BG1)