This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Shoot life at its fullest with the Sony DSC-H70. Get closer to your subjects with 10x optical zoom. Capture landscapes with one touch Sweep Panorama, take 720p HD videos, get perfect portraits with Smile Shutter or get everyone in the picture with the 25mm wide angle lens.
- 3.0" LCD to preview and review your photos
Compact camera with 10x zoom
- The Sony 10x optical zoom G lens brings distant subjects super close for great outdoors, sports, and travel photos. The compact size makes it easy to take with you in a pocket, purse, or backpack.
Sweep Panorama mode
Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama Mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 260degrees. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
720p MP4 HD Movie Mode5
- In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, which is the format when working with a PC5. Users will create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac. Once transferred to a computer you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket and YouTube. (Compatible computer with internet capability required)
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Stabilize hand held HD movies with active mode. For recording on the go this feature was designed to minimize motion capturing the video without all of the movement.
- Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
Intelligent Auto Mode
- Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode does the thinking, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Kids on the playground, landscape shots, a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party; all result in clear images without leaving auto mode.
Soft Skin mode
- Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
In camera guide
- Take all the guesswork out of photography with the in camera guide. It?s convenient step-by-step instructions lead to a perfect shot.
Smile Shutter technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. Also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
Face Detection technology
- Sony's Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- It's frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- TransferJet technology, developed by Sony and advanced and promoted by consortium of 18 other companies, allows transfer of up to ten files between two TransferJet enabled devices just by touching their TransferJet logos together, without the hassle of hunting for cables or the complication of pairing6.
High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
- High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity Mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to the shooting conditions.
Easy Shooting Mode
- With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
In-Camera Retouching Tools
- Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions
- Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- PHOTOMUSIC4 combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
Compatible with PC and MAC Systems
- The Full HD video captured with the DSC-H70 can be used with the provided Picture Motion Browser software1 for PC and iMovie (sold separately) for Mac systems.
Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.5(1)
- Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view video and still images on a compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites7.
Includes Sony PMB Portable software2
- With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable 5.5 (Mac vers. 1.3) software2 the DSC-H70 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites7 without the need for any additional software or install.
W x H x D: 4" x 2 3/8" x 1 3/16" (101.6mm x 57.6mm x 28.6mm)
6.8 oz (194g)
5.8 oz (164g)