This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
- Exmor R CMOS sensor for stunning low-light performance
- iSweep Panorama Mode captures stunning panoramic images
- Fast capture with 10fps at full 10.2MP resolution
- 1080i AVCHD Movie records high-quality HD movies
- 10x optical zoom Sony G-Lens with 25mm equivalent wide angle
- GPS and Compass record shot location & direction
- Anti-Motion Blur/Hand-held twilight for less grain and blur
- Backlight Correction HDR for scenes with high-contrast
- Active Mode for reduced distortion in movie mode
- TransferJet technology allows easy wireless sharing
- HDMI output for easy connectivity
- Large 3.0? LCD display (230K pixels) with wide viewing angle
- Self-Portrait Timer makes self-portraits easy
- Customize the buttons on the MENU screen
- iAuto automatically optimizes camera settings
- 10.2MP ?Exmor R? CMOS sensor delivers high definition images
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- BIONZ image processor for high resolution and fast performance
- Intelligent AF reduces shutter time lag as low as 0.3-sec
- Smile Shutter technology automatically captures a smile
- Face Detection technology captures faces naturally
- Motion Detection suppresses blur in people and other subjects
- Easy Shooting Mode simplifies camera operation
- Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes
- In-camera Retouching Tools to edit your photos
- High Sensitivity ISO 3200
- PHOTOMUSIC feature combines HD slideshow with music
- PhotoTV HD Mode with compatible BRAVIAHDTVs
- Function Guide helps explain menus and settings
- Card slot for optional Memory Stick Duo media and SD media
- Included lithium-ion battery for long-lasting power
- Includes PMB (Picture Motion Browser) and PMB Portable software
- Compatible with PC and Mac systems.
- Available in black
- 3.0" Clear Photo LCD display (230k pixels)
Compose and show off your images on the large 3.0? (230K) Clear Photo LCD display, which features a special anti-reflective coating for sharp visibility, even in bright sunlight.
- 10x (25mm equivalent) Professional-quality optical zoom G-Lens
G lenses are used in top of the line digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras and advanced pro-sumer HD Camcorders. Capture the action up close with the 10x optical zoom, and with the 25mm equivalent wide angle lens the HX5V even allows you to capture more of the scenes in landscape or group portraits.
- 10.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated ?Exmor R? CMOS Image Sensor
The DSC-HX5V features a 10.2 megapixel ?Exmor R? CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the camera?s wide angle G lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined ?Exmor R? CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor delivers extremely fast 10fps, Anti Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes.
- Anti-Motion Blur Mode
Capture cleaner and sharper images in low light for non landscape shots. When set in Anti-motion Blur Mode, the DSC-HX5V captures six images in a fraction of a second with higher shouter speed and combines the data from all six to create a single image of extraordinary detail and eliminate subject blur, beyond the capability of traditional cameras.
- Handheld Twilight
Capture cleaner and sharper night shots without using a tripod. When set to Handheld Twilight Mode, the DSC-HX5V captures six images in a fraction of a second with one press of the shutter, and combines the data from all six to create a single image of extraordinary detail and low noise. With these modes, you can capture images in low light, without flash, beyond the capability of traditional cameras.
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama Mode
Capture expansive landscapes with Intelligent Sweep Panorama Mode. Press shutter and sweep and the camera does the rest, continuously, shooting images and in one second stitching them together. This model even detects faces and moving subjects to stitch intelligently different widths to avoid subject distortion.
- High Speed Shooting (10fps)
The HX5V can capture full 10.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 fps, helping to ensure you never miss the decisive moment. What?s more, the HX5V employs a mechanical shutter that helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
- 1080i AVCHD Movie Mode
Record movies in 1080i AVCHD high definition at 60i. The AVCHD format captures a high degree of detail and smooth movement, and when footage is burned to disc, can be played back on Blu-ray Disc players, SonyPlayStation?3 systems and compatible PCs and HDTVs.7
- HDMI output connectivity
The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV).
- DVDirectDVD recorder Compatible
With AVCHD capabilities the DSC-HX5V is compatible with the DVDirectDVD recorder, allowing automatic playback of high definition footage. Simply insert your Memory Stickmedia into the DVDirectDVD recorder and enjoy your movies shot in high definition. (Recorder and media sold separately)
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode
In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, which is the format when working with a PC. Users will create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in their Cyber-shot?DSCs in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac?. Once transferred to your computer you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucketand YouTubeTM. (Compatible computer with internet capability required)
- Compatible with PC and MAC Systems
Video captured with the DSC-HX5V can be used with the provided Picture Motion Browser software for PC and iMovie(sold separately) for Mac systems.2
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Optical SteadyShot w/ Active Mode
Optical SteadyShotTM with Active Mode gives you the freedom to shoot movies even while walking or running. By providing up to 10x the correction of standard mode, Active Mode can compensate for excessive camera shake so you can move along with your subject while shooting.
- GPS and Compass
An integrated GPS receiver and compass record the location and direction of every shot you take and let you view your images on a map with compatible computer and internet applications, so you can remember where you took your favorite shots.
- BIONZ Image Processor
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode represents the next step forward in Sonyimage stabilization technology, and allows the camera lens a greater range of motion for a superior level of image smoothness. Now you can capture smooth movies on your camera while doing other activities such as walking or riding a bike.
- Backlight Correction HDR
Shooting high-contrast scenes can often lead to washed out backgrounds and details lost in shadow. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by taking two pictures at different settings and processing the best elements of both into a single image.
- Self-Portrait Timer
Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode
Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, and faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clearer images, faces with more natural skin tone, and less blur. By incorporating advanced features such as Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, iAuto mode lets you take advantage of the latest SonyCyber-shottechnology without leaving auto mode. Whether you?re shooting expansive landscapes, capturing playground action, or taking pictures at a birthday party or wedding shower, iAuto mode will optimize your camera?s settings to help ensure you come away with a great shot.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects nine different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape and Macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity Mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Face Detection technology
Sony?s improved Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection
Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Anti-blink Function
It?s frustrating to think you?ve captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Scene Modes
The DSC-HX5V features 11 convenient scene modes: High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Portrait / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Advanced Sports Shooting / Gourmet / Pet.
- Intelligent AF
Thanks to Intelligent AF technology, capture fleeting moments like a child?s adorable expression with the ultra-quick AF which locks focus in as little as 0.3-sec.
- Easy Shooting Mode
With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
- Function Guide:
This beginner-friendly optional function helps navigate through the various functions and settings tilt displaying the description of chosen functions or settings on the LCD screen.
PHOTOMUSIC combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
- Viewing modes
Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes.
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions
- PhotoTV HD
Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, high definition images with PhotoTV HD-capable SonyBRAVIAHDTVs. PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your PhotoTV HD enabled BRAVIA HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that look more like printed
- Lithium-ion battery
Included lithium-ion battery provides added convenience with longer lasting power than alkaline batteries (capacity of 310 minutes or 155 images when shooting still images) .
- Media card slot
For convenient storage and sharing of your images, the DSC-HX5V accepts Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media (sold separately) and SD/SDHC/SDXC media.
- Includes SonyPMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.0
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites
- Includes SonyPMB Portable software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-HX5V makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.
- Colors Available
The Cyber-shotDSC-HX5V camera is available in black.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.4" (7.59mm) "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ?
- Media Type: 45MB internal Flash Memory, optional Memory Stick Duo? Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo? Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo? (High Speed), optional Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo?, optional SD/SDHC/SDXC media
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Aprox. 10.2 Megapixels
- Video Resolution: AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (59.94i, Interlace) (Approx.17Mbps) / 1440 x 1080 (59.94i, Interlace) (Approx.9Mbps) MP4: 1440 x 1080 (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.12Mbps) / 1280x720 (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.6Mbps) / VGA (640 x 480) (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.3Mbps)
- Microphone/Speaker: Stereo / Mono
- Lens Type: Sony G-Lens
- Aperture: iAuto(F3.5/F8.0(W)) / Program Auto(F3.5/F8.0(W)) / Manual(F3.5/F8.0(W)) (2 Steps with ND Filter)
- Optical Zoom: 10x
- Digital Zoom: Smart Zoom / Precision Digital Zoom / Off
- Total Zoom: Approximately 20x with Precision Digital Zoom
- Smart ZoomTechnology: 5M:Approx.14x(Total), VGA:Approx.57x(Total), 16:9(2M):Approx.19x(Total)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 4.25-42.5mm
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 7 groups(including 4 aspheric elements)
- Macro Mode: iAuto(W:Approx.5cm(0.16') to Infinity, T:Approx.100cm(3.28') to Infinity)
- LCD Type: 3.0"1 Clear Photo LCD (230K pixels)
- Histogram: Yes
- AF Modes: 9 points AF / Center Weighted AF / Spot AF
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Metering: Yes
- Scene Mode(s): High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Soft Snap / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Advanced Sports / Gourmet / Pet
- D-Range Optimizer: Standard
- ISO: Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1(White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push.
- Drive Mode: Normal / Hi-Speed Burst (High/Mid/Low) / Bracketing
- Self-timer: Yes (Off / 10sec. / 2sec./ portrait1 / portrait2)
- Shutter Speeds: iAuto(2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto(1" - 1/1,600) / Manual(30"-1/1600)
- Burst Mode: Approx 10 fps at 10.2MP (Maximum 10 shots)
- Flash Modes: Auto / On / Slow Syncro / Off
- Flash Coverage: ISO Auto: Approx.0.05-Approx.3.8m(Approx.0.164'-Approx.12.5')(W) / Approx.1.0-Approx.2.6m(Approx.3.281'-Approx.8.53')(T), ISO3200: up to Approx.7.6m(Approx24.9')(W) / Approx.5.2m(Approx17.1')(T)
- Red-Eye Reduction: Auto / On / Off
- Date / Time Stamp: Available in the included PMB software.
- Erase/Protect: Yes/Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes/Yes
- Power Save Mode: Standard / Stamina /Off
- Face Detection: 8 Faces (Auto / Off / Child Priority / Adult Priority)
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- In-Camera Editing: Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- NightFraming System: No
- NightShotInfrared System: No
- SD Output: Yes
- HD Output: HDMI / Component (1080i)
- USB Port(s): Yes - USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- TransferJet: Single / Select
- PictBridge Compatible: Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): W x H x D: 4 1/8" x 2 3/8" x 1 3/16" (102.9mm x 57.7mm x 28.9mm )
- Weight (Approx.): Body: Approx. 6.0oz. (170g), With battery and Memory Stick media: 7.1oz. (200g)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM G type 3.6V
- Battery Capacity: Approx. 155 minutes / Approx. 310 images (when shooting still images)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.1W
- Supplied Software: Picture Motion Browser Ver 5.0, PMB Portable 5.0 (for Windows), PMB Portable 1.1 (for Macintosh), Music Transfer
- Operating System Compatibility: MicrosoftWindows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, MacintoshOS X(v10.4-v10.6)
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor