- 26mm equivalent Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar wide lens with 4x optical zoom
- Capture breathtaking images in Sweep Panorama Mode
- 14.1 megapixel 2.7? LCD screen in a compact design.
- Capture your videos in HD Movie mode (720p)
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization reduces blur
- iAuto mode automatically optimizes camera settings
- Smile Shutter technology automatically captures a smile
- Face Detection technology captures faces naturally
- Anti-blink, Face Priority and Red-eye Reduction functions
- Self-Portrait Timer makes self-portraits easy
- DRO Standard and Plus recovers shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- iSCN detects 8 scene conditions and adjusts camera settings
- 10 convenient scene modes
- Easy Shooting Mode simplifies camera operation
- Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes
- In-camera Retouching Tools to edit your photos
- Easy image management helps find your pictures
- PHOTOMUSIC feature combines HD slideshow with music
- PhotoTV HD Mode with compatible BRAVIA HDTVs
- Function Guide helps explain menus and settings
- Included lithium-ion battery for long-lasting power
- Card slot for optional Memory Stick Duo media and SD media
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) and PMB Portable software
- Available in silver, black, pink and blue.
- 14.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
A powerful 14.1 megapixel 1/2.3? Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 14.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13x19?) size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 4x Optical Zoom with 26mm equivalent wide angle
The professional-quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects closer for great outdoor, sports, and travel photos. Thanks to 26mm equivalent of this lens you can also get great group shots in tight spots.
- 2.7? Clear Photo LCD display (230k pixels):
Generous 2.7? (230K pixels) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Sweep Panorama mode
Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama Mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 268 degrees. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode
In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, which is the format when working with a PC. Users will create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in their Cyber-shot DSCs in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac. Once transferred to your computer you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket and YouTubeTM. (Compatible computer with internet capability required)
- Self-Portrait Timer
Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- BIONZ Image Processor
The BIONZ image processor delivers the high resolution and fast performance you expect from a Sony digital camera. Fast processing enables Sony's unique feature of Sweep Panorama to take and combine multiple images in less than a second to create wide panoramic images. Images have reduced grain and appear less washed out.
- Intelligent Auto Mode:
Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Take a picture from a kid on the playground, to landscape shots, to a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party. All clear images without leaving auto mode.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects eight different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape, and Macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically compensates to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Face Detection technology
Sony?s Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection
Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Anti-blink Function
It's frustrating to think you've captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Easy Shooting Mode
With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer Standard and Plus
Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
- Intelligent AF
Thanks to Intelligent AF technology, capture fleeting moments like a child?s adorable expression with the ultra-quick AF which locks focus in as little as 0.3-sec.
- Viewing modes
Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes.
- Function Guide
This beginner-friendly optional function helps navigate through the various functions and settings displaying the description of chosen functions or settings on the LCD screen.
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions
PHOTOMUSIC combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
- Lithium-ion battery
Included lithium-ion battery provides added convenience with longer lasting power than alkaline batteries (capacity of 240 images or 120 minutes for shooting still images).
- Media Card Slot
For convenient storage and sharing of your images, the DSC-W350 accepts Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC media (sold separately).
- PhotoTV HD
Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, high definition images with PhotoTV HD-capable Sony BRAVIA HDTVs. PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your PhotoTV HD enabled BRAVIA HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that look more like printed images.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.0
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites
- Includes Sony PMB Portable software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-W350 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites5 without the need for any additional software or install.
- Colors Available:
The Cyber-shot DSC-W350 camera is available in silver, black, pink and blue.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.3" (7.76mm) Super HAD CCD Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ
- Media Type: 45MB internal Flash Memory, optional Memory Stick Duo Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), optional Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo, optional SD/SDHC/SDXC media11
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Aprox. 14.1Megapixels
- Video Resolution: 1280 x 720(29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.9/6Mbps) / VGA (640 x 480) (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.3Mbps)
- Microphone/Speaker: Mono / Mono
- Lens Type: Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar
- Aperture: iAuto(F2.7/F8.0(W) / Program Auto(F2.7/F8.0(W) (2 steps with ND Filter)
- Optical Zoom: 4x
- Digital Zoom: Smart Zoom / Precision Digital Zoom / Off
- Total Zoom: Approximately 8x with Precision Digital Zoom
- Smart Zoom Technology: 10M:Approx.4.7x(Total), 5M:Approx.6.7x(Total), VGA:Approx.27x(Total), 16:9(2M):Approx.9.0x(Total)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 4.7-18.8mm
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups(including 3 aspheric elements)
- Macro Mode: iAuto(W:Approx.4cm(0.13'') to Infinity, T:Approx.60cm(1.97') to Infinity)
- LCD Type: 2.7"1 Clear Photo LCD (230K pixels)
- Histogram: No
- AF Modes: 9 points AF / Center Weighted AF / Spot AF
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Metering: Yes
- Scene Mode(s): High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Soft Snap / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Underwater / Gourmet / Pet
- D-Range Optimizer: Plus / Standard / Off
- ISO: Auto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push.
- Drive Mode: Normal / Burst
- Self-timer: Off / 10sec. / 2sec./ portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds: iAuto(2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto(1" - 1/1,600)
- Burst Mode: Approx. 1.45 fps at 14.1MP (Maximum 100 shots)
- Flash Modes: Auto / On / Slow Syncro / Off
- Flash Coverage: ISO Auto: Approx.0.2-Approx.3.8m(Approx.0.66'-Approx.12.5')(W) / Approx.0.6-Approx.1.9m(Approx.1.97'-Approx.6.23')(T), ISO3200: up to Approx.7.9m(Approx.25.9')(W) / Approx.3.9m(Approx.12.8')(T)
- Red-Eye Reduction: Auto / On / Off
- Date / Time Stamp: Available in the included PMB software.
- Erase/Protect: Yes / Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes/Yes
- Power Save Mode: Standard / Stamina / Off
- Face Detection: 8 faces (Auto / Off / Child Priority / Adult Priority)
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- In-Camera Editing: Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- NightFraming System: No
- NightShot Infrared System: No
- SD Output: Yes
- HD Output: Component (1080i)
- USB Port(s): Yes - USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- TransferJet: No
- PictBridge Compatible: Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): W x H x D 3 5/8" x 2 1/8" x 11/16" (90.7mm x 51.5mm x 16.7mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Body: Approx. 3.5oz. (100g), With battery and Memory Stick Media Approx. 4.1 oz. (117g)
- Battery Type: LITHIUM ION N type 3.6V
- Battery Capacity: Approx. 120 minutes / Approx. 240 images (when shooting still images)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.0W
- Supplied Software: Picture Motion Browser Ver 5.0, PMB Portable 5.0 (for Windows), PMB Portable 1.1 (for Macintosh), Music Transfer
- Operating System Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Macintosh OS X(v10.4-v10.6)
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor
Rechargeable Battery (NP-BN1)
Multi Connector Cable (A/V, USB)
1-Year Parts & Labor Limited Warranty