This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
30x optical zoom ZEISS lens plus 60x Clear Image Digital Zoom
Get super close and clear with the premium ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens from wide angle (24mm equivalent) to 30x optical zoom plus 60x Clear Image digital zoom. The ZEISS T* coating reduces undesirable reflection, such as ghosting and flare, on the lens surface, while 30x optical zoom allows you to get closer to your subject. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful BIONZ X processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos.
Superb 18.2MP image quality
The DSC-WX500 features an 18.2 megapixel backside illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with a BIONZ X image processor. This brings out the full resolving power of the camera's professional ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens to deliver high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain for both stills and movie.
High-quality movies w/ XAVC S, AVCHD and MP4 codes
Capture high quality HD movies in the XAVC S format. With 50Mbps Full HD (1920x1080) 60p high quality video recording, XAVC S enables beautiful video recording with minimal compression noise even in scenes with a lot of movement. Linear PCM is adopted for audio compression delivering incredible audio to match your video. The camera also records in AVCHD, ideal for HDTV and Blu-ray Disc burning, or your choice of highly compressed MP4 HD video ideal for web.
Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC
Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to control your camera with your compatible Smartphone or Tablet. Frame your image on your device's LCD and control the camera's shutter. You can even transfer the images taken directly to your mobile device for quick editing and uploading - sharing has never been easier. With NFC (near field communication) - connectivity has been simplified to one-touch. Simply touch the camera to the compatible NFC enabled device to connect.
5-axis image stabilization greatly reduces blur
Get remarkably sharp images with Sony's Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for both stills and video. Additionally, intelligent Active Mode combines 5-axis image stabilization with Sony's advanced frame-analysis technology to greatly reduce blur caused by camera shake when shooting movies - allowing you to move along with the action - and get clear images of your subject in motion - even when zoomed in.
Selfie-ready multi-angle 3" Xtra Fine LCD display
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3" (921k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display that rotates up approx. 180 degrees. Easily frame for selfies or to shoot objects like pets at eye-level without having to get down on the ground. Simply scroll through menus and preview life thanks to the large display which delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
Keep your subject in focus with Lock-On AF
Lock-On AF (Auto Focus) gives you the ability to select a focus point with subject recognition, then allows the camera to track and keep your subject in sharp focus even when in motion.
P/A/S/M modes, customizable settings & Memory Recall mode
For creative flexibility, you can enter Program Auto (P), Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Speed Priority (S) or Manual Exposure (M) mode for manual shooting. MR (Memory Recall) mode is available for quick manual adjustment and a control ring - that can be assigned with various functions - such as manual focusing or step zooming, allow for superior control of your shooting experience.
Enhance features w/ downloadable camera apps4
Get creative with PlayMemories Camera Apps by applying exciting artistic effects or retouching images with professional results, and then easily upload your photos to Facebook or Instagram. Enjoy added functionality with apps that include Time Lapse, Smart Remote Control, and Direct Upload.
Capture the decisive moment with up to 10fps
Never miss that decisive moment; like a bat hitting a baseball or a fleeting smile. Capture full 18.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, with an ultra-fast shutter lag of Approx. 0.008 sec.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.3" (7.82mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Processor: BIONZ X
- Pixel Gross: 21.1 MP
- Effective Picture Resolution: 18.2 MP
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color mosaic filters
- Media Type: Memory Stick Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed); Memory Stick PROHG Duo; Memory Stick Micro; Memory Stick Micro (Mark2); SD Memory Card; SDHC Memory Card(UHS-I); SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I); microSD Memory Card; microSDHC Memory Card; microSDXC Memory Card
- Color Space: sRGB
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Approx. 18.2 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9: 16:9 mode: 13M (4,896 x 2,752) / 7.5M (3,648 x 2,056) / 2.1M (1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 1:1: 1:1 mode: 13M (3,664 x 3,664) / 7.5M (2,736 x 2,736) / 3.7M (1,920 x 1,920)
- Still Image Size 3:2: 3:2 mode: 16M (4,896 x 3,264) / 8.9M (3,648 x 2,432) / 4.5M (2,592 x 1,728)
- Still Image Size 4:3: 4:3 mode: 18M (4,896 x 3,672) / 10M (3,648 x 2,736) / 5M (2,592 x 1,944) / VGA
- Panorama Still Image Size: Sweep Panorama: Wide (7,152 x 1,080/4,912 x 1,920) Standard: (4,912 x 1,080/3,424 x 1,920), 360 (11,520 x 1,080)
- Video Format: XAVC S / AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible / MP4
- Video Mode: AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p) XAVC S: 60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/24p) MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/60fps) 16M (1,920 x 1,080/30fps) 6M (1,280 x 720/30fps)
- Audio Format: XAVC S: LPCM 2ch AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker: Stereo / mono
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MRF Baseline complians)
- Wind Noise Reduction: Off / On
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- Aperture: iAuto (F3.5-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto(F3.5-F6.3(W) ) / Manual (F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Aperture Priority (F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Sutter Priority (F3.5-F6.3(W))
- Aperture (Max.): F3.5 (W) - 6.4 (T)
- Optical Zoom: 30x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Digital Zoom: Still Image: 18M Approx. 120x / 10M Approx. 161x / 5.0M Approx. 226x / VGA Approx. 459x / 13M (16:9) Approx.120x / 2.1M (16:9) Approx.306x Movie: Approx. 120x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): [Still Image 3:2] f=25-750mm, [Still Image 4:3] f=24-720mm, [Still Image 16:9] f=26.5-795mm, [Still Image 1:1] f=27.5-825mm [Movie 16:9] f=26.5-795mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=28-1180mm (SteadyShot Active), f=31-1210mm (SteadyShot InteligentActive), [Movie 4:3] f=32.5-975mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=34.5-1450mm (SteadyShot Active), 38-1480mm (SteadyShot InteligentActive)
- Lens Groups-Elements: 11 elements in 10 groups (5 aspheric element)
- Minimum Focus Distance: iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 250cm (8.20 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 250cm (8.20 ft.) to Infinity)
- Aperture Blade: Iris diaphragm (5 blades)
- Clear Image Zoom: Still Image: 18M Approx. 60x / 10M Approx. 80x / 5.0M Approx. 113x / VGA Approx. 459x / 13M (16:9) Approx. 60x / 2.1M (16:9) Approx.153x Movie: Approx. 60x
- Macro Mode: Yes (Auto)
- Steady Shot Mode: Active: Yes
- LCD Type: 3.0" (7.5cm) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Angle Adjustment: Up by approx. 180 degrees
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps)
- Histogram: Yes (On / Off)
- AF Modes: Single-shot AF, Continuous AF (Advanced sports & Movie Only)
- Focus Area: Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Metering Modes: Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV 2 to 16 (at ISO100 equivalent)
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- Exposure Settings: Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto / Scene Selection), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Advanced Sports Shooting, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Backlight Correction HDR, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, Soft Skin, High Sensitivity
- ISO: [Still Image] Auto (ISO80-3200), 80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200, Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO80-3200 same as selected range in Auto), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400 /12800
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO100-12800
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluor.: Cool White / Fluor.: Day White / Fluor.: Daylight / Flash / Custom / One Push, One Push Set
- Minimum Illumination: [Movie]: Auto: 12lux (Shutter Speed 1/30) / High Sensitivity: 6lux (Shutter Speed 1/30)
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): [Movie] Auto: (ISO80 Level-ISO1600 Level) / High Sensitivity: (ISO80 Level-ISO3200 Level)
- Drive Mode: Single, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.)
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Approx. 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- Self-timer: Off / 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shutter Speeds: iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (30" - 1/2000)
- Flash Modes: Auto / Flash On / Slow Sync. / Flash Off / Rear Sync.
- Flash Coverage: ISO Auto: Approx. 0.3m to5.4m (11 13/16 inches to 17 ft 8 19/32 inches) (W) / Approx. 2.5m to 3.0 m (8 ft 2 27/64 inches to 9 ft 10 7/64 inches) (T)
- Red-Eye Reduction: On / Off
- Erase/Protect: Erase: Single / Select / Date / Folder Protect: Select / Folder / Date
- Anti Motion Blur: Yes
- Sweep Panorama: Intelligent Sweep Panorama (360)
- Face Detection: Yes (eight faces max)
- Smile Shutter Technology: Yes
- Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot
- Intelligent Auto: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Superior Auto: Yes
- Photo Creativity: Yes
- Picture Effects: Toy camera / Pop Color / Posterization / Retro Photo / Soft High-key / Partial Color / High Contrast Mono. / Soft Focus / HDR Painting / Richtone Monochrome / Miniature / Watercolor / Illustration
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band))
- HD Output: Multi / Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): W x H x D: 4 1/8" x 2 3/8" x 1 7/16" (101.6 x 58.1 x 35.5mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 8.3oz (236g) (Battery and Memory Stick DUO are included)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only): Approx. 7.4oz (209g)
- Battery Type: NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.4W
- Power Requirements: AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mA
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation): Still Images: Approx. 400 / Approx. 200min Movie (Actual shooting): Approx. 75min (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4GB.) Movie (Continuous shooting): Approx. 110 min (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4GB.)