This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Sony DSC-WX9 ? Unrestricted power in a compact package. With powerful features like Full HD movie for high quality movies, low light performance for improved image clarity, 10 fps to capture the precise moment, and 3D still image capture for a new way to experience your pictures, you wouldn?t believe something so compact could be this powerful.
16.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS Image Sensor
- The DSC-WX9 features a 16.2 megapixel "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the camera's Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined "Exmor R" CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor delivers extremely fast 10fps, Anti Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes3.
- 3.0" (920K) XtraFine technology gives you brilliant-quality still images and movies with easy focus.
Full HD 1080/60i
- Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities for 60i in 1080 AVCHD(3). This provides stunning, fast motion video with less distortion for playback on your HD TV.
3D still image and panorama
- Produce awe-inspiring images with 3D still image and 3D Sweep Panorama capabilities4. Photos will take on a new dimension of creative capabilities for viewing the world in a whole new way.
- With iSweep Panorama just press the shutter, pan the landscape and let the camera do the rest. It automatically links together each frame to produce a panoramic image. This model even detects faces and moving subjects to stitch intelligently different widths to help avoid subject distortion.
- DSLR photographs are often beautiful because they blur the background, putting the emphasis on the subject. Now our point-and-shoot cameras can deliver this signature DSLR benefit. The system takes two shots, identifies the background and applies a defocused background keeping the subject crisp and clear.
Backlight Correction HDR
- Don't miss a single detail in high contrast shots. The built in backlight correction analyzes the image and automatically adjusts accordingly to give you a perfectly lit shot. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by taking three pictures at different exposure settings and processing the best elements of each into a single image for more natural looking shots.
Superior Auto mode
- Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using backlight correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 33 scenes for still images and movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
- Capturing the right shot at the right moment has never been so easy. Digital zoom brings the action up close to get that perfect shot, every time.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
Soft Skin mode
- Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 25mm equivalent wide 5x Optical Zoom
- The high-performance Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 5x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects closer for video recording as well as for outdoor, sports, and travel photos, and Close Focus shoots close-ups up to just under 1/2" from the subject. A wide angle of 25mm equivalent wide-angle lens allows you to take wider shots of the scene or group in crowded spaces.
- The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV). Easily connect your Cyber-shot camera via HDMI cable to any compatible HDMI compatible device to easily enjoy and upload content6.
Smile Shutter technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
Face Detection technology
- Sony's Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- It's frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
Sweep Multi Angle mode
- In Sweep Multi Angle mode, the camera takes 15 images at different angles as it sweeps across the scene. By tilting the camera during playback, the camera's Gyro Sensor detects motion and displays the image in a 3D-like view on the camera's LCD.
Anti-Motion Blur Mode
- Capture cleaner and sharper images in low light for non landscape shots. When set in Anti-motion Blur Mode, the DSC-WX9 captures six images in a fraction of a second with higher shutter speed and combines the data from all six to create a single image of extraordinary detail and dramatically reduce subject blur, beyond the capability of traditional cameras.
- TransferJet technology, developed by Sony and advanced and promoted by consortium of 18 other companies, allows you to transfer up to ten files between two TransferJet enabled devices just by touching their TransferJet logos together, without the hassle of hunting for cables or the complication of pairing5 .
Compatible with PC and MAC Systems
- The high definition, AVCHD, video captured with the DSC-WX9 can be used with the provided Picture Motion Browser software1 for PC and iMovie (sold separately) for Mac systems(2).
Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.51
- Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using an external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (such as Facebook and Sony's Personal Space). Using the new 5.5 version also enables playback of 3D images taken on the Cyber-shot camera.
Includes Sony PMB Portable software2
- With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software2 the DSC-WX9 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites7 without the need for any additional software or install.
W x H x D: 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 25/32" (94.6mm x 56.3mm x 19.8mm)
4.9 oz. (139g)
4.3 oz. (123g)