- 1920x1080 Full HD Recording
1920 x 1080 high definition resolution lets you record your memories in exceptional Sony Full High Definition quality. Capable of 1080/60p playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed playback of your memories.
- 7 Megapixel still image capture w/ Dual Record
7 Megapixel still image capture lets you take stunning, high resolution digital photos while the Dual record capability lets you capture 3.5 MP still images while shooting high definition video, so you can capture those special moments without having to switch recording modes.
- 160GB hard disk drive:
A built-in 160GB1 hard disk drive can record and store up to 67 hours of high definition video footage in long play mode (HD LP mode). In addition, "HDD Smart Protection" gives you peace of mind by helping to prevent any recorded video and images from being lost if the camcorder is accidentally dropped.
- 1/4" "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor
A 1/4" "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor delivers bright, vivid, spectacularly detailed video footage, as well as 7 Megapixel still images. With 3.5 Megapixel (effective) video resolution, the image sensor captures video at a higher density of high definition resolution resulting in a sharper and more detailed 1920 x 1080 HD picture.
- Back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor:
Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with the newly developed, back-illuminated "Exmor R" sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the "Exmor R" sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot w/ Active Mode (Wide to Tele)
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- Professional-quality Wide Angle G-Lens (27.4mm):
Experience the pinnacle of Sony lens technology with the professional-quality G Lens. Engineered for superior optical performance, Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, amazingly detailed images. In addition, a short, 27.4mm focal length offers a broader perspective for enhanced wide angle shooting in photo mode and 29.8mm in video mode.
- 2x faster Quick AF
With the new and improved autofocus (AF) system, Quick AF, the focusing speed is twice as fast compared to previous models. Whether in bright daylight or in dimly lit environment, Quick AF ensures fast, accurate, and consistent focus lock, enabling users to shoot in a wide range of scenes without missing any important moment. Especially when shooting night scenes where conventional AF might struggle to focus, thanks to the much improved AF algorithm in Quick AF, users can now capture crisp images, fast.
- 1080/60p playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV
1080/60p playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed playback of your memories.
- Geotagging with built-in GPS receiver & NAVTEQ maps:
A built-in GPS receiver makes the HDR-XR350V an ideal choice for travelers. The receiver gives you the ability to view your current location on the LCD map display, as well as "tag" your shooting locations. Tagged videos and still images can be reviewed and played back using the Map Index function on the camcorder or once downloaded to your PC using the supplied PMB (Picture Motion Browser) software. Additionally, the receiver automatically adjusts your camcorder's clock to the proper time zone.
- Direct Copy to External HDD
Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive (sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV, allowing you to utilize the camcorder?s handy playback features.
- Face Detection technology w/ Face Priority
With Face Priority, your camcorder optimizes focus, color, exposure, and Smile Shutter technology for the face you prioritize. Just touch the preferred face on the LCD display and the camcorder will assign it priority, even if it leaves and returns to the frame.
- Intelligent Auto (10 iAUTO Modes)
Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes (90 different combinations possible): Portrait Mode, Smile Shutter, Backlight Control, Scenery, Night Scenery Mode, High Sensitivity Mode, Macro Mode, Baby Mode, Walk Detection, Tripod, and Low Light Mode.
- Active Interface Shoe:
The Active Interface Shoe lets you mount Intelligent Accessories, such as external lights and microphones, which can help extend the capabilities of your camcorder.
- Dolby Digital stereo recording with Built-in Zoom Mic
The Dolby Digital stereo recording with built-in zoom microphone focuses audio recording on your subjects with the camera's zoom lens, helping memories ring true with clear dialogue and crisp, discrete sounds.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) software:
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray Disc media (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (compatible PC and internet connection required).
- Up to 24Mbps AVCHD video
The HDR-XR350V can capture video at up to 24Mbps for amazing clarity and detail, ideal for recording on to Blu-ray media since the AVCHD codec is highly compatible with the Blu-ray format.
- Smooth Slow Record:
The Smooth Slow Record mode increases the record rate from 60 frames per second (fps) to 240 fps, allowing you to capture 3 seconds of fast motion and play the video back in 12 seconds. This is a great tool for analyzing a golf swing or a viewing a bird in flight. In addition, you record an audio track to narrate the video footage.
- Smile Shutter technology for still and dual capture:
Smile Shutter technology lets the camcorder automatically take still photos when your subject smiles, even while shooting high definition video. You can also set the sensitivity and choose child, adult, or auto priority.
- Power On by opening LCD display:
Power on your camcorder by simply opening the LCD display.
- Personalized "My Menu" System
New user friendly interface uses touch screen technology to allow users to scroll through menus quickly and easily and even create a personalized ?My Menu? to bring together the functions they use most. Users can spend more time recording memories and less time in menus.
- 2.7" Clear Photo LCD3 (230 K) display
The 2.7" Clear Photo LCD3 (230 K) display renders sharp, bright images at a high 230k pixels resolution, letting you compose and share video and still images more easily - even outdoors.
- Easy Playback Options
Four, easy to use Playback indexing formats allow users to easily find and playback scenes at any time Film Roll Index - scene indexes at specified display intervals, Face Index uses Face Detection technology to organize your video footage based on the faces detected in each scene, Map Index uses the GPS to easily find a desired scene based on location, and Date Indexing organizes scenes based on the time and date they were recorded.
- Golf Shot:
Building on the slow-motion capture capabilities of Smooth Slow Record, Golf Shot captures a few seconds of motion as a sequence of up to 22 still images, which can be viewed/printed individually or as a composite "sequence shot" image, perfect for analyzing the nuances of a golf swing, tennis serve, and other fast action.
- 12X Optical / 160X Digital Zoom
The 12X optical zoom helps to bring the action close up from far away. In addition, Digital Zoom Interpolation means that digital zooming (up to 160X) is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zoom.
- Highlight Playback:
Why spend hours editing your movies when you can let your camcorder do it for you? Highlight Playback uses several criteria - including Face Index, Smile Shutter technology, Dual Capture and time range - to identify and compile key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions.
- Film Roll Index:
Like chapters in a book, Film Roll Index helps you easily find desired scenes in video footage. When using this feature, the camcorder previews the beginning of scenes and can create scene indexes set at specified display intervals (3, 6, or 12 seconds and 1 or 5 minutes).
- Face Index function:
Face Index makes it easier than ever to find and play back the right video scene. Using Face Detection technology, Face Index indexes your video footage according to the faces detected in each scene. When it's time to play back video, simply search for what you want by selecting from among the detected faces displayed in the index.
- Map Index function:
Map Index uses the geotagging capabilities of the built-in GPS receiver to "tag" your shot locations on a map in the camcorder, offering a new way to easily search and find a desired scene by location or view where a scene was captured.
- Hybrid Recording to HDD or Removable flash media:
Hybrid recording technology delivers a new level of flexibility of capturing and transferring your video footage and digital photos from the camcorder to compatible viewing devices. Record to 160GB hard disk drive or choose instead to record to removable flash media (sold separately). You can even select from various dubbing functions to easily copy video or still images from the HDD to the removable flash media without using a PC.
- Dual Record with 3.5MP still image capture:
Dual record capability lets you capture 3.5MP still images while shooting high definition video, so you can capture those special moments without having to switch recording modes.
- BIONZ Image Processor:
The BIONZ Image Processor works in conjunction with the "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor for pristine imaging. The BIONZ image processor provides Data Noise Reduction, Faster Image processing, and Data compression to preserve videos and images. In addition, the BIONZ image processor enables Face Detection technology and Sony?s Dynamic Range Optimizer for both video and still image capture. The higher processing speed also allows Dual Recording to capture still images while recording video.
- x.v. Color technology for superior color:
x.v. Color technology enables the HDR-XR350V to capture nearly twice (1.8x) as many viewable colors as the standard RGB color range, resulting in more natural, life-like images. You can even experience this expanded color range on the big screen when you connect your camcorder to x.v. Color capable displays, including a wide range of Sony BRAVIA HDTVs.
- Record and zoom controls on LCD:
The HDR-XR350V features an additional set of record and zoom buttons on the LCD screen, give you more control and flexibility when holding the camcorder, especially in overhead or low angle shots.
- BRAVIA Sync technology:
BRAVIA Sync technology5 offers greater ease of use in controlling compatible Sony products connected via an HDMI (CEC) connection5. HDMI connectivity provides a simple; high-quality video and audio connection, with the ability to transmit HD video and up to 5.1 channel audio directly from the camcorder to compatible HDTVs via a single HDMI cable, sold separately. With BRAVIA Sync (CEC) technology, the HDMI connection also delivers the ability to control both the camcorder and HDTV using a single BRAVIA TV remote and displays the camcorder's playback menu on screen for easier navigation.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer:
The D-Range (Dynamic Range) Optimizer function adjusts the exposure and contrast of an image to counter the effects of high-contrast shooting condition, allowing for a great shot. The D-Range Optimizer suppresses "blackout" in dark areas such as shadows and "whiteout" in bright areas such as skies. As a result, the captured image appears as natural as the original scene.
- Built-in Intelligent Flash:
For added clarity and detail when taking pictures in low-light situations, the built-in flash improves pictures and reduces shadows.
- Auto Lens Cover:
An Auto Lens Cover protects the lens when the camcorder is powered off.
- HDMI connection:
The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV).
- Media Card Slot
For convenient storage and sharing of your images and videos, the camera accepts Memory Stick Duo / Memory Stick PRO Duo / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media (sold separately) and SD/SDHC/SDXC media (Class 4).
- USB 2.0 interface:
A USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your camcorder to a compatible PC for fast transfer of video and still images for editing.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/4" back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
- Processor: BIONZ image processor
- Pixel Gross: 4200K
- Effective Picture Resolution: 2650K Pixels (16:9), 3540K Pixels (4:3)
- Media Type: 160GB Non-Removeable Hard Disk Drive Memory Stick PRO Duo MARK2 Media and SD/SDHC/SDXC (Class 4) media (Sold Separately)
- Still Image Mode: JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 7 megapixel
- Video Format: HD: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; SD: MPEG2
- Video Resolution: Full HD 1920x1080
- Video Actual (Pixel): 2650K Pixels (16:9), 1990K Pixels (4:3)
- Video Signal: NTSC color, EIA standards
- Recording and Playback Times: 160GB HDD: High Definition: FX- up to 910 min., FH - up to 1180 min., HQ - up to 2370 min., LP - up to 4030 min. Standard Definition: HQ - up to 2440 min.
- Photo Capture from Movie: Yes
- Dual Record: 3.5 megapixel
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Zoom Microphone
- Lens Type: G Lens
- Aperture: F1.8-3.4
- Optical Zoom: 12x
- Digital Zoom: 160x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Video:29.8 - 357.6mm (16:9), 36.5 - 438mm (4:3) Photo: 29.8 - 357.6mm(16:9), 27.4-328.8mm
- Filter Diameter: 30mm
- LCD Type: 2.7" Clear Photo LCD (230 K) display
- Focus System: Full range Auto / Manual (Touch Panel)
- Exposure Settings: Yes (Touch Panel)
- Scene Mode(s): Auto, Twilight, Sunrise & Sunset, Fireworks, Landscape, Portrait, Spotlight, Beach, Snow
- D-Range Optimizer: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto, Outdoor, Indoor, One Push (via Touch panel)
- Minimum Illumination: STD, 11 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed); LOW LUX, 3 lux (Auto Slow Shutter ON, 1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Shutter Speeds: Scene Selection: 1/8-1/1000 STD: 1/60-1/1000 LOW LUX: 1/30-1/1000 Smooth Slow Rec: 1/240 - 1/1000
- Quick On: Power On by LCD
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover: Auto
- S/S & Zoom button on LCD: Yes
- Face Index: Yes
- Fader Effect(s): Black, White
- Film Roll Index: Yes
- Embedded GPS: Yes
- Face Detection: Yes
- Smile Shutter technology: Yes
- Golf Shot: Yes
- Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Intelligent Auto: Yes (Landscape, Backlight, Twilight, Spotlight, Low light, Macro, Portrait, Baby, Walk, Tripod)
- x.v.Color: Yes
- SD Output: Included (via A/V Remote Terminal) ; Video / S Video / Audio / Component Out / Remote
- HD Output: HDMI (mini) ; Yes (mini)
- USB Port(s): Hi-speed (2.0 compliant)
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- PhotoTV HD: Yes
- Direct Copy: Yes
- Accessory Shoe: Yes (Active Interface Shoe)
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.): w/o battery: 13oz (390g), w battery 15oz (440g)
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2 3/8 x 2 3/4 x 4 1/2 inch (59 x 67 x 125mm)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (NP-FV50)
- Power Requirements: 7.2V (battery pack); 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 3.6W
- Supplied Software: PMB Ver.5.00 Supports Windows XP Service Pack3 (SP3)(32bit), Windows Vista Service Pack2 (SP2)(32bit/64bit), Windows 7. Not supported by Mac OS.
- Operating System Compatibility: "Windows XP SP3 /Windows Vista SP2 /Windows7 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported.The Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment."
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: Limited Warranty 1 Year Parts; 90 Days Labor
- Memory Stick Pro Duo Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 32GB media capacity; does not support high speed transfer function; does not support Access Control security function.
Component A/V Cable
NP-FV50 Battery Pack
Application Software/USB Driver/CD-ROM
1-Year Parts and 90-Days Labor Limited Warranty