This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc). Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
The Sony HVL-F43AM Digital Camera Flash provides Sony Alpha camera users with many features: it extends the illumination range beyond the camera's built-in flash, offers TTL (through the lens) flash exposure that's automatically controlled by your Sony Alpha DSLR for easy and intuitive operation, has adjustable bounce angles and it's dust- and moisture-resistant. It's ideal for portraits, weddings and special events, still-life photography, hobby shots and every-day photography. The ultra-compact design folds flat when not in use.
- High-power illumination: High-power illumination
- Longer effective range: Longer effective range of over 30 ft. (10.5m)
- Quick Shift Bouncem: The innovative "Quick Shift Bounce" system allows the HVL-F43M to orbit 90 degrees left and right, allowing you to maintain horizontal light distribution even when shooting vertically. In addition to pivoting side-to-side, the flash unit can also tilt down 8 degrees or back 150 degrees
- Wireless flash, bounce flash, modeling flash and multi-burst functions
- Wireless lighting ratio control for smooth, professional effects with up to three flash groups (with DSLR-A900/850/700)
- Versatile bounce angles: Versatile bounce angles: 90? up, 90? left. This allows the flash head to be rotated while maintaining the set bounce angle, so you can quickly switch between horizontal and vertical format without changing the light angle.
- Built-In Bounce sheet: The built-in bounce sheet can be used even when shooting in a vertical position without changing the angle of reflected light.
- Auto white balance: Auto white balance (signals color temp. to camera)
- Auto zoom: Auto zoom optimized for camera sensor size
- Dust and Moisture resistant design: Sealing materials are set at joints of outer materials (body, LCD panel, Mounting Foot etc.) and around movement/operating parts thereby increasing the life of your flash unit.
- Modeling light capability: Modeling light capability allows the HVL-F43M to pulse, helping photographers determine where shadows will fall before taking the picture, so they can alter lighting or subject positioning as necessary.
- Retractable wide-angle panel: Retractable wide-angle panel (15mm angle)
- Wireless Ratio Control: Wireless Ratio Control allows customers to wirelessly control up to three groupsof flashes, as well as specify the luminosity ratio for each group, so they can enjoy multiple-flash lighting techniques without the need for special equipment or tedious exposure settings.
- Simple controls: Simple controls, test button, power saving mode
- TTL metering: TTL metering capability, high-speed sync
- Fast recharging: Fast recharging -- up to 38% quicker than HVL-F36
- Advanced Features: Smooth Slow Rec
- Color Temperature: Approx. 5500K
- Flash Modes: Automatic Light Control (TTL), Continuous (10 flashes/second, up to 40), pre-flash control, manual control
- Flash Coverage: Bounce angles: Upward - 150 degrees; Left - 90 degrees; Right - 90 degrees; Down - 8 degree
- Flash Metering System: Direct TTL
- Guide Number: 43
- Modes: Wireless, Bounce, Modeling, Multi-burst
- Number of Flashes: Approx. 200 or more (alkaline batteries)
- Power Source: Four AA-size batteries, Alkaline of Ni-MH
- Recycling Time: 2.9sec
- Power Source: 4x AA-size batteries, Alkaline or Ni-MH
- Red-Eye Reduction: YES
- Dimensions: 3 x 5.125 x 3.5" (7.5 x 12.9 x 8.7 cm)
- Weight: 12 oz (340 g) (without batteries)