Recording is easy with the PC compatible ICD-PX232 digital voice recorder. Ideal for class lectures and meetings, you can store up to 521 hours of voice-quality audio (LP mode) while a supplied cable makes it a cinch to transfer files to your Mac or PC. This recorder is also equipped with Voice Operated Recording which starts and stops recording automatically, and Noise Cut which reduces ambient noise during recording for clearer speech playback.
All around recording
Introducing the ideal digital voice recorder for business, school, and personal recording, delivering Sony?s legendary ease of use with superior recording and audio playback capability.
Noise Cut reduces ambient noise during recording for clearer speech playback.
Set a future date and time and the recording will automatically be played.
PC and Mac compatibility
Transfer files quickly and easily with the supplied USB cable. Works with Windows as well as Macintosh computers.
Built-in 2 GB flash memory
2 GB of available internal flash memory provides ample space for recording life?s important moments-up to 521 hours in fact.
When activated, Low Cut filter helps reduce the effect of wind noise in your recordings.
Rewinds or fast forwards in short increments making it easier to locate a segment in a long recording for review.
Two AAA batteries (included) will deliver up to 96 hours of recording time so you will never miss a beat.
Automatic Record level
The recorder automatically adjusts recording levels for optimum results.
Digital Pitch Control
Digital Pitch Control enables the recording to be played at a faster or slower rate without changing the recording?s pitch.
Did you forget a thought or mis-speak? With Add/Overwrite capability, adding to or overwriting recordings during playback is quick and easy.
- Format(s) Supported : Recording - MP3 files: Bit Rate: 8 kbps - 192 kbps, VBRFile Extension: .mp3
- Playback - MP3
- Frequency Range : MP3 192k (SHQ): 75 - 15,000 HzMP3 128k (HQ): 75 Hz - 15,000 HzMP3 48k (Mono) (SP): 75 Hz - 10,000 HzMP3 8k (Mono) (LP): 75 Hz - 3,000 Hz
- Microphone : Built-in, unidirectional microphone
- Recording System : Digital, Monaural Recording
- Microphone Sensitivity Feature : Yes (Hi/Lo)
- Recording Features : 4 Modes: SHQ (192kbps): Super High- Quality monaural modeHQ (128kbps): High-Quality monaural modeSP (48kbps): Standard Play monaural modeLP (8kbps): Long Play monaural mode
- Message Folder(s) : 5 Pre-Programmed at factory (5 Maximum)
- 99 Maximum files per folder
- 495 Maximum files
- Erase/Protect : Yes
- Message Folder(s) : Yes (495 Folders maximum)
- On-Screen Clock : Yes
- Safety Lock : Yes (Hold Function)
- Search Features : Cue/Review, Easy Search
- Recording Media : Built-In Flash Memory 2GB and Memory Card
- Recording and Playback Times : SHQ - MP3 (192 kbps): 21 hrs 40 min; Max 13hrs battery lifeHQ - MP3 (128 kbps): 32 hrs 35 min; Max 15 hrs battery lifeSP - MP3 (48 kbps MONO): Max 86 hrs 55 min; Max 16 hrsLP - MP3 (8 kbps MONO): Max 2087 hrs; Max 20 hrs
- Type of Use : Ultra Portable Voice Recorder
- Memory Size : 2 GB = 2,147,483,648 bytesAvailable: 1.75 GB (1,879,048,192 bytes)
- Speaker Dimensions : Approx. 1 1/8 in. (28 mm) diameter
- Battery Life (Approx) : Up to 20 hours
- Battery Type : Alkaline "AAA" x 2
- Output Power : 300 mW
- Power Requirements : Two LR03 (size AAA) alkaline batteries: 3.0 V DC
Inputs and Outputs
- Headphone Output(s) : 1 (Minijack, Stereo)
- Microphone Input : 1 (Minijack, Stereo)
- USB Port(s) : 1 (Mini-B jack), High-Speed USB Compatible
- Operating System Compatibility : Windows 8 Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Windows Vista SP 2 or higher, Windows XP SP3 or higher. Mac OS X (v10.3.9-v10.8), pre-installed
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx) Depth : 0.84" (20.9 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx) Height : 4.5" (114 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx) Width : 1.5" (37.5 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 1.5" x 4.5" x 0.84" (37.5 x 114 x 20.9mm) not including projecting parts and controls
- Weight (Approx.) : 2 5/8 oz. (74 g) Including two LR03 alkaline batteries