This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
With 4D FOCUS, You'll Never Miss That Perfect Moment
Capture unforgettable moments for posterity with the a68. The world's highest number of phase-detection AF points (79) covering a wide AF area will catch moments that last for a lifetime. The Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine deliver the imaging impact that you aim for. Dials, controls and displays make shooting more intuitive and immediate to optimize operability.
- Superb AF Performance: The world's highest number of phase-detection AF points (79) covering a wide AF area for ultimate accuracy and tracking performance.
- Sensational Sensor and Processor: The Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine achieve high image quality and wide sensitivity range.
- Versatile, Convenient Control: The top display panel and rear control wheel make functions quick and easy to access and use.
79-Point High-Density Phase-Detection AF System Covers More Action
Get superior autofocus reliability with 79 high-density AF points, including 15 cross-type points. Translucent Mirror Technology enables precise phase-detection AF even with continuous shooting and movie modes.
- World's most AF points: 79 phase-detection AF points provide wide frame coverage and ultimate tracking accuracy.
- Fast AF speed: Distance measuring phase-detection sensor for instant subject focus.
- Steadfast AF tracking: Advanced algorithm maintains clear focus for up to 8 fps continuous shooting.
Proprietary Translucent Mirror Technology
Sony's unique design replaces a DSLR moving mirror with a fixed translucent mirror, which allows ultrafast shooting with continuous use of accurate phase-detection AF.
High Image Quality and Wide ISO Range for Stills/Movies
The large Exmor CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.2 MP provides for high image resolution, delicate tonal gradation and expressive bokeh. And the BIONZ X featuring advanced image reproducing technologies and processes vast data from the sensor at high speed for more realistic images. The duo is a perfect match for shooting in the wide ISO range of 100-25600 and producing beautifully sharp, clear results.
- 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor: A large APS-C size Exmor CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.2 MP effective resolution.
- BIONZ X Processing Engine: Supports a number of state-of-the-art image processing technologies that add up to superior overall image quality.
Supports 50Mbps XAVC S Format
For high image quality and minimal noise, you can record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps (30p/25p,24.2p).
Tiltable LCD Screen
Tilt the LCD screen to shoot from most angles, max. 135 degrees up and 55 degrees down, including over your head or on the ground. The 2.7-type screen displays clear, brilliant images. Low reflectivity deepens blacks and sharpens contrast. Brightness is adjustable.
Smart Viewfinder for Better Photos
The bright, high-contrast OLED Tru-Finder makes it easier to expertly plan and preview shots, as it reproduces real-time image data with rich tonal gradation and faithful color.
Ultimate Precision and Craftsmanship
Broaden your photographic horizons with an expanded line-up of superb lenses. The a68 empowers you to fully enjoy the renowned performance of professional-grade glass from Sony and ZEISS.
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.61 x 4.10 x 3.26 in
- Weight: Approx. 24.55 oz (Body Only) / Approx. 23.81 oz (With battery and media)
- Lens Mount: A-mount
- Lens Compatibility: Sony A-mount lenses, operation with Minolta/Konica Minolta lenses confirmed
- Sensor Type: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm) Exmor CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx.24.2 MP
- Number of Pixels (total): Approx.24.8 MP
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3 : 2
- Anti-Dust System: Yes
- Smart zoom (Still Image): M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2
- Digital zoom (Still Image): L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8
- Digital zoom (Movie): Yes (4x)
Recording (Still Images)
- Recording Format (Still images): JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif ver. 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 4240 x 2832 (12M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 4240 x 2400 (10M), S:3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama: Standard Horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M) Wide Horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1?5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1?6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Recording Format: XAVC S / AVCHD 2.0 / MP4
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC S, AVCHD:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format: XAVC S:LPCM 2ch AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator
- Movie Functions: AF Drive Speed, AF Tracking Duration, Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI Info. Display
- Face Detection: On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off
- Auto Object Framing: Yes (Still Images)
- Clear Image Zoom: Yes (approx. 2x)
- Lens Compensation: BIONZ X
- Compatible Recorcing Media: Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards (UHS-I compliant)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off , available for shutter speeds longer than 1 s, High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR: Auto
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight), Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K), Color Filter (G7 to M7, A7 to B7), Custom (1 / 2 / 3), Custom Set
- Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Sensor: CCD line sensors
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV -2 to 18 (at ISO 100 equivalent)
- AF Mode: Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Automatic AF (AF-A)
- Focus Area: Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock-on AF (Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot
- Other Features: Eye-start AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF On
- AF Illuminator: Built-in, auto pop-up
- AF Illuminator Range: Approx. 3.3 to 16.4 feet / Approx. 1 to 5 m
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor: Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Metering Mode: Multi-segment, Spot, Center weighted
- Exposure Modes: AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Continuous Advance Priority AE, Movie, Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Memory recall
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing: Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, with 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames
- AE Lock: AE is also locked when focus is locked in multi-segment metering mode. ("AEL w/ shutter"(Auto/On/Off) is supported) Available with AE lock button
- ISO Sensitivity Movie: ISO100?12800 equivalent (1/3 EV step), AUTO (ISO 100?12800 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- ISO Sensitivity Still Image: ISO100?25600 (1/3 EV step), AUTO (ISO 100?25600, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type: 0.39 in electronic viewfinder
- Number of Dots: 1,440,000 dots
- Magnification: Approx. 0.88x (35 mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.57x) with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 mstyle name="sup"-1/style
- Dioptre Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0 mstyle name="sup"-1/style
- Eye Point: Approx. 26.5 mm from the eyepiece lens, 23 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1style name="sup"-1/style(CIPA standard)
- Screen Type: 2.7 in type TFT LCD
- Total Number of Dots: 460,800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD): Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed: Still images: 1/4000 to 30 s/Bulb; Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/160 s
- Flash Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow sync, Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Rear sync., Wireless, High Speed sync.
- Drive Modes: Single Shooting, Continuous Shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 s delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 s delay, 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Continues Shooting: Continuous Advance Priority AE: Max. 8fps, Continuous shooting Hi: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting Lo: Max. 2.5fps
- Multi Interface Shoe: Microphone minijack; Multi/Micro USB Terminal; Multi Interface Shoe
- Supplied Battery: NP-FM500H M-series Rechargeable Battery Pack