- Choose more books from more places
- Carry up to 50,000 of your favorite books at a time
- Intuitive design with full 6" touch screen
- Paper-like display for easy, natural reading
- Thin, light, highly portable design
- Text and handwritten note taking features
- Two full weeks of reading on a single battery charge
- Embedded multilingual dictionaries
- 6 adjustable font sizes to customize your reading experience
- Play MP3 and AAC audio files
- USB 2.0 data and power connection
- Read in multiple formats, including ePub and PDF
- Intuitive ReaderLibrary software for PC and Mac
- Expansion slots for Memory Stick PRO Duoand SD media
- Quick page turns and high contrast ratio
- Thoughtful navigation and button placement
- Available in black and red
- You can choose more books from more places. At the ReaderStore, you can download new releases, best sellers, magazines and newspapers. You can even access over one million free public domain titles from Google Books and find links to borrow eBooks through your local public library from the comfort of your home. And since the Reader is open format, you can access even more books from other online bookstores.
- Not sure which books to bring on your trip? With the Reader Touch Edition?, you will never have to make that choice again. 2 GB of onboard memory lets you carry up to 1,200 of your favorite books at a time. With compatible external memory cards, you can carry up to 50,000 eBooks.
- The Reader Touch Editionfeatures a full 6? touch screen and an intuitive design that?s easy to take with you for convenient, on-the-go reading. The simple, easy-to-use touch screen allows you to turn pages with the swipe of a finger and enjoy fast and intuitive navigation of your favorite books.
- The Reader Touch Editionutilizes high contrast E Ink Pearl technology on its anti-glare touch screen to deliver an amazing, paper-like display that?s more like ink on paper and fully readable in direct sunlight.
- Whether you?re venturing across town or across the country, the Reader Touch Editionmakes an ideal travelling companion. Measuring just 0.38? thin and weighing only 7.58 ounces, the Reader Touch Edition is thinner and more lightweight than almost any book, and even many magazines.
- Take freehand notes and highlight sections of text you want to revisit later, just as you would in a real book, using the included stylus. If you want, you can even export your notes to your computer using the Reader Library software.
- Enjoy two full weeks of reading on a single battery charge.
- A handy search function lets you look up words in the built-in two English language dictionaries and 10 language translation dictionaries.
- The Reader Touch Editionoffers you the ability to resize text. Choose from six adjustable font sizes to improve readability.
- Transfer eBooks and charge your Reader Digital Book using a single high-speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant) cable.
- You can even play back unsecured MP3 and AAC audio files7
- The Reader Touch Editionsupports Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, BBeB Book and other text file formats, as well as EPUB/ACS4 and connection with Adobe Digital Editions.
- Intuitive ReaderLibrary software makes it easy to download eBooks, manage your collection, and transfer titles to your Reader Touch Edition?. Reader Library software works with both PC and Mac.
- Expand the capacity of your Reader Touch Editionwith Memory Stick PRO Duoor SD media slots.
- Intuitive and quick page turns let you read at a natural pace, while a high contrast ratio helps ensure your favorite books are easily readable, even in direct sunlight.
- Designed for ease of use, the Reader Touch Editionprovides intuitive navigation and button placement including right-handed and left-handed page advance buttons.
- The Reader Touch Editionis available in black and red.
- Gray Scale: 16-level gray scale
- Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels
- Screen Size: 6 inches
- Technology: E Ink Pearl
Media Formats Supported
- DRM Text: ePub (Adobe DRM protected), PDF (Adobe DRM protected), BBeB Book (PRS DRM protected), Text, RTF
- Image: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Unsecured Audio: Unsecured Adudio: MP3 (Non encrypted), AAC (Non encrypted)
- Unsecured Text: ePub, BBeB Book, PDF, TXT, RTF, Micrsoft Word, (Conversion to the Reader requires Word installed on your PC)
- Memory Size: 2GB Dual Memory Card Expansion Slots for Memory Stick Duoand SD Card up to 32GB.
- Operating Temperature: 41?F to 95?F (5?C to 35?C)
- AC Power: Built-in rechargeable battery: 3.7 V DC, 940 mA
- Battery Life (Approx): 14 Days
- Recharging Time: 3 hours with a USB connection, or about 2 hours by the optional AC adapter (PRSA-AC1)
- General: OS: Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bit) -Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bit) -Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 2 or later Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit only) -Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3 or later, Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 or later, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 & 2005 with Service Pack 3 or later Apple Macintosh (32 bit only) -Mac OS X version 10.6.3 or later, Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later, Mac OS X version 10.4.11 or later CPU: -Windows: 800 MHz Celeron class processor or better -Macintosh: Intel, PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor RAM: -128 MB or more (minimum 512 MB for Windows 7, Windows Vista) Free space on hard disc: -Windows: 100 MB or more -Macintosh: 60 tMB or more -Depending on the content amount, more space may be required. Monitor: -High Color or more, 1024 ? 768 pixels or more (True Color, 1280 ? 1024 pixels, or more recommended) Other devices: -USB port (High-Speed USB Compatible), pointing device such as mouse or track pad
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 6.61 x 4.68 x 0.38 inches (H/W/D)
- Weight (Approx.): 7.58 oz
Quick Start Guide