- SteadyShot INSIDE In-Camera Image Stabilization - A major reason for its compact, lightweight lens design is the benefit of SteadyShot INSIDE in-camera image stabilization, built into every a (alpha) DSLR camera enabling lenses to eliminate the extra weight and expense of in-lens stabilization mechanisms.
- DT Lens Design - A more compact, lightweight lens designed specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in some Sony a (alpha) DSLR cameras.
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) - The built-in Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) eliminates the need to use a mechanical coupling system in the camera body to transfer auto foucs (AF) drive power and control signals to the lens. Instead, AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the focusing lens group directly, helping to assure smooth AF response.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass - To reduce chromatic aberration at telephoto extension, correcting certain wavelengths of light for sharp, clear images with well defined colors.
- Circular Aperture - Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Aperture (Max.): f/1.8
- Aperture (Min.): f/22
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 6 Elements / 5 Group
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.1ft (0.34m)
- Aperture Blade: 7 blade circular aperure
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS-C 35mm eqv. 75mm
- Focus System: Front focus SAM (Smooth AF motor)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2-6/8" ? 1-6/8" (70 X 45mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 6oz (170g)
Sony 50mm f/1.8 DT Alpha A-Mount Standard Prime Lens
Front Lens Cap
Rear Lens Cap
Limited 1-Year Warranty