Immersive, vibrant picture
Enjoy an immersive picture with deep black levels in just about any home theater environment through the VPL-HW50ES 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and 1,700 ANSI lumen brightness.
As close to the original masters as possible
Watch your favorite HD movies and television shows with detail as close to the original masters as possible. Sony's proprietary Reality Creation algorithm restores important fine detail that was lost due to compression during the mastering process, even for high definition video.
Cinema-like 3D brightness
Sony's dynamic lamp control technology and rechargeable 3D glasses work together perfectly to establish vibrant, cinema-quality brightness levels on your favorite 3D movies and shows.
240Hz for a better 3D picture
The 240Hz panel drive, along with dynamic lamp control technology, minimizes 3D crosstalk. This greatly diminishes the possibility of ghosting when watching 3D.
Watch standard HD content in 3D
Add a new dimension to your favorite movies, shows or videos with Sony's unique 2D to 3D up-conversion algorithm, allowing any high definition 2D content connected via HDMI to be viewed in immersive Sony 3D.
Forget that the projector is even in the room. Due to the VPL-HW50ES advanced air discharge system, Sony's whisper-quiet fan emits only 22db during show time.
Powerful picture calibration features
Quickly calibrate your picture to the type of content you're enjoying with nine unique modes including a variety of cinema, gaming, photo and user customizable pre-sets.
Controllable over RS232
Seamlessly integrate the VPL-HW50ES into virtually any major automation system via the bi-directional, industry-standard RS232 connection
Integrates into challenging rooms
The VPL-HW50ES can be adjusted to fit complex rooms with its 1.6x manual zoom, and horizontal and vertical shift features and 1/10th pixel step panel alignment
Smoother, sharper motion
Enjoy smooth, sharp motion with Sony's Motionflow technology with Dark Frame Insertion and 24p True Cinema technologies.
Three-year limited warranty
Rest assured that Sony has you covered. All Sony Elevated Standard (ES) projectors enjoy three-year limited warranties, including a special tech support hotline in case you run into any problems.
- 2D to 3D Conversion: Yes
- 3D Glasses Brightness Adjustment: Yes
- Effect Adjustment(s): Yes
- Format(s): Supports Frame Packing, Side by Side, and Over Under formats ( see Acceptable Video Signals)
- Control for HDMI (HDMI CEC): Yes (One touch play / System Standby/Simple BRAVIA Sync setting
- Auto Input Search: Yes
- Image Flip: HV / H / V / Off
- Power Save Mode: Lamp Cutoff/Standby/Off
- Remote Control: Yes (RM-PJ23)
- Aspect Ratio: Wide Zoom/Zoom/Normal/Stretch/V Stretch (Anamorphic zoom mode)/Squeeze PC only: Full
- Screen Size (measured diagonally): 40-300
- LCD Panel: 0.61" HFR SXRD (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display); Full HD(1920x1080)x3 6,220,800 pixels
- Lens: All range crisp focus lens (F2.52-3.02; f18.7-29.7mm)
- Panel Display Resolution: Full HD(1920x1080)x3 6,220,800 pixels
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 to 72 kHz, fV: 48 to 92 Hz
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 2000/3000 hours
Inputs and Outputs
- 3D Sync: Yes
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s): Yes
- HDMI Connection(s): 2 In
- IR Input(s): Yes
- PC Video Input(s): Yes
- RS-232C Input(s): Yes
- Focus: Yes (Manual)
- Shift: Yes (Manual)
- Shift Range: V: +/- 0.71V; H: +/- 0.25H
- Ultra Low Fan Noise: 21dB
- Zoom: Yes (Manual) 1.6X
- AMX protocol: Yes
- Operating Humidity: 35 to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41?F to 95?F (5?C to 35?C)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: 300W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): 0.5W - 8W
- Power Requirements: AC 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 3 poles AC 100V, 50/60Hz
- Brightness: 1700lm
- Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1
Picture Modes: 8 Modes for 2D and 3D (Cinema Film 1-2, REF TV, Photo, Game, BRT Cine, BRT TV, User)
- Acceptable Video Signals: 15 kHz RGB 50/60 Hz, Progressive component 50/60 Hz, 480/60i, 576/50i, 480/60p, 576/50p,720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p (HDMIinput only), 1080/50p (HDMI inputonly), 1080/24p (HDMI input only)
- Color Space: BT.709/Color Space 1-3
- Color Temperature: D93/D75/D65/D55/Custom 1-5
- Contrast Enhancer: High/Middle /Low/Off
- DRC Mode: Resolution: Yes, Noise Filtering: Yes, Test: On/Off
- Film Mode: Yes
- Gamma Correction: 1.8/2.0/2.1/2.2/2.4/2.6 Gamma 7-10/Off
- Lamp control: High/Low
- Lens Shift Function: Yes (Manual)
- Motionflow Technology: Yes (with Film Projection On/Off, with Motion Enhancer High/Low/Off)
- Noise Reduction: NR/MPEG NR
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 16 x 7 x 18 1/4 in (407,4 x 179,2 x 463,9mm) (WxHxD)
- Weight (Approx.): 21,1 lbs. (9,6kg)
Requires 3D content, 3D player, 3D glasses (included), and HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps).