Compared to conventional Dynamic drivers, Balanced Armature drivers produce a broad and even frequency response with notable vocal clarity. SONY Balanced Armature drivers are tuned for higher or lower frequency response and combined to emphasize certain sound characteristics.
Balanced Armature Driver
Newly developed micro-size driver units (full-range + woofer + tweeter) deliver smooth and clear vocals with rich, powerful bass and detailed high frequencies. Get reacquainted with your favorite music.
Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad
Full integration for iPod, iPhone and iPad. The in-line remote gives you volume and track controls (Play, Stop, Next/Prior) for iPod, iPhone or iPad, and the built-in microphone makes it easy to take calls through it all.
The simple press of a button activates VoiceOver mode, where the iPod states the name of the currently playing song or playlist (on enabled devices).
Double Layer Housing
It?s in the details? A special, high strength magnesium inner housing provides necessary rigidity for smooth frequency response, while an ABS outer housing suppresses vibrations for clear mid-high range sound reproduction.
The smaller size of Balanced Armature (BA) in-ear headphones allows an improved fit inside the ear for better, long-term comfort. This attenuates outside sounds better than headphones with Dynamic drivers, resulting in a superior listening experience.
Noise Blocking Design
Sony Balanced Armature (BA) in-ear headphones provide a comfortable fit that also results in significantly lower sound leakage levels both in or out, allowing you uninterrupted access to your music.
Hybrid silicone earbuds, in 4 sizes, allow for a tailored fit that further maximizes overall sound quality and comfort.
Noise isolation earbuds (Included: Small, Medium, and Large) not only provide an outstanding fit, but utilize pressure relieving urethane foam to further reduce ambient noise.
- Driver Unit: Closed, Triple Balanced Armature
- Frequency Response: 4 - 28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 12 ohms at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (db): 108 dB/mW
- Volume Control: +/- Button
- Ear Cups: N/A
- Remote Control Functions: Volume, FF, RW, Play, Pause, Mic
- Case Type: Leather Carrying Pouch
- Plug: Four-conductor gold-plated stereo mini plug for iPod with remote function
- Type of Use: Portable
- Cord: 47 1/4 in. (1.2 m), OFC Litz cord neck-chain
- Headphone Type: Vertical in-the-ear style earbuds
- Microphone: Electret Condenser
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s): Compatibility- The terms: iPod, iPhone and iPad are collectively described as ?iPod? except in special cases. iPhone 4 iPhone 3GS iPod touch 4th generation iPod touch 3rd generation iPod touch 2nd generation iPod nano 6th generation iPod nano 5th generation iPod nano 4th generation iPod classic 120GB 160GB (2009) iPod shuffle 4th generation iPod shuffle 3rd generation iPad
- Microphone Input: Omni Directional, In-Line Microphone
- Power Handling Capacity: 100 mW (IEC)
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.): 7 g (0.25 oz) without cord