With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved ones have peace of mind knowing help is always within reach. SPOT is the only device of its kind, using the GPS satellite network to acquire its coordinates, and then sending its location ? with a link to Google Maps - and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network. And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT does more than just call for help. Tracking your progress, checking in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available, all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100 percent satellite technology, SPOT works around the world - even where cell phones don't.
- SPOT is the world's first satellite messenger. SPOT sends your exact GPS coordinates and selected messages over commercial satellites to tell others of your location and status.
- SPOT works around the world, independently of cellular networks.
- SPOT features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:
Alert 9-1-1 - Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location
Ask for Help - Request help from friends and family in your exact location
Check In ? Let contacts know where you are and that you're okay
Track Progress - Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps
- SPOT uses the GPS satellite system to determine a user's location and the SPOT satellite network to transmit that location and the user's status.
- The SPOT satellite network is a commercial satellite network with a proven 99.4 percent reliability rate while processing over 6 million messages a month - the equivalent of 2.3 messages per second.