DVD and VHS playback from one component ? what could be better? How about a beautifully smooth progressive-scan picture for DVD movies! The SD-V391 delivers it all: connect it to the component video inputs on your HD-capable TV, and enjoy the superior resolution and exceptional clarity of progressive scan.
Of course, this player can also output a conventional interlaced-scan signal to a regular analog TV, so if you have yet to upgrade to HD, don't fret. Plus, home theater enthusiasts can connect the 'V391 to a Dolby? Digital receiver and thrill to the wraparound realism of multichannel movie soundtracks. If you don't have a home theater system yet, the Spatializer? feature can simulate a surround sound effect using the speakers built into your TV.
The DVD deck is versatile: besides DVD movies, it'll play audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, as well as recordable CDs encoded with MP3 and WMA files. You can even use the 'V391 to view JPEG digital photos you've saved to CD!
- plays DVD-Video discs, DVD-Rs, CDs, audio CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs, and CDs containing JPEG photos
- selectable interlaced/progressive-scan component video output (progressive scan requires an HD-compatible TV)
- 54MHz/10-bit video D/A converter
- de-interlacer with 3-2 pulldown processing
- optical digital output for Dolby Digital/DTS?/PCM
- composite video output for DVD/VCR; S-video & 480i/480p component video outputs for DVD only
- Spatializer? virtual surround for enhanced 2-speaker sound
- picture zoom
- custom bookmarks allow quick access to favorite scenes
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- HiFi stereo with MTS decoding
- 4 video heads
- Quasi S-VHS playback (VHS resolution)
- auto clock set
- auto channel set
- front-panel A/V input
- 181-channel tuner
- 8-event/1-month program timer
- index search
- Commercial Skip (30-second skip search)
- Note: Internal DVD-to-VHS dubbing of copy-protected DVDs is not possible.
- remote control
- RF in/out
- 16-7/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 11-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor