Toshiba DVD/DVR Digital Media Server - SDH400
- Digital Cinema Progressive with 3:2 Pulldown for both DVD & TiVo Playback
- Super ColorStream? Pro Output for both DVD & TiVo
- Up to 80 hours of recording on TiVo Series 2? hard drive
- DVD/DVD-R/RW/VCD/CD/CD-R/RW/MP3 Playback
- Spatializer? Virtual Surround Sound
- 192kHz/24-bit Digital Audio Converter
- Optical and Coaxial Digital Outputs
- Easy-to-use TiVo User Interface
- Multi-Brand Remote Control
- High performance progressive scan DVD player and TiVo Digital Video Recorder for a complete one-box solution
- Digitally record up to 80 hours of your favorite programs onto built-in hard
- Super ColorStream Pro? Component Video Output for both DVD and TiVo playback
- 10-Bit/54mHz Video digital-to-analog conversion with High Resolution Filter for maximum color purity, detail, and resolution
- Front Panel Menu Control offers full DVD/TiVo menu navigation
Technology & Benefits
DVD and TiVo Technology
Super ColorStream Pro? Component Video Outputs
These outputs allow the highest quality video signal to be sent from the DVD player to a component video equipped progressive scan TV. When this connection is utilized with today's HD-compatible sets, typical NTSC artifacts?like video noise, dot crawl, and flicker?are virtually eliminated, resulting in a low-noise, highly detailed picture with unequaled color purity. A special digital filter enables four times oversampling of the Y, Pr, and Pb signals while the 54mHz video clock speed processes the entire video signal, extending the resolution to 540 lines.
Digital Cinema Progressive (3:2 Pulldown)
Delivers the smoothest, most film-like images to any progressive scan television, such as an HD-compatible one, and ensures maximum resolution.
DVD Terms and Technology
Video Black Level Expansion and PLUGE
Grayscale in video is measured and tracked on a scale of 0 (black) to 100 (white) IRE units. In NTSC video we have traditionally assigned the 7.5 IRE value as being the black cutoff in a picture. The EXPANDED mode in the "Video Black Level Setting" menu enables Toshiba DVD players to output a 0 IRE signal for richer, deeper black tones in every image.
(E.A.M.) Enhanced Audio Mode
This feature includes three modes: NORMAL (off mode), 3-D (virtual surround sound enhancement from multichannel content), and DIALOGUE Expander (which enhances center channel [dialogue] frequencies during playback of multichannel content). Benefit of DIALOGUE: Great for ?late night? listening when volume levels are low but dialogue intellibibility is of concern.
181-Channel NTSC Tuner
For easy off-air recording and Auto Channel setup.
Power Picture Zoom
This interactive feature allows you to select an area of the picture you want to zoom in on and magnify it. Enhanced digital processing during moving video or freeze-frame playback produces superior color fidelity and resolution, even when you're zoomed in. Also can be used to expand letterbox-only films to increase the viewable area on-screen.
TiVo Digital Video Recorder Terms and Technology
Digitally record up to 80 hours of your favorite programs
New TiVo Basic? Service included
- Easy recording from up to 3 day on screen program guide
- On-screen TiVo channel banner with program description
- Manual recording capability including scheduling, repeating, recording of specific time and channel slot via the on-screen user interface
- On-screen display of recorded content with program name, rating, station identifier, time and date
- Control Live TV ? pause, play, slow motion, rewind, instant replay, and frame backwards for live TV
TiVo Plus? Capable*
User can upgrade to TiVo Plus? Service which includes features such as:
- 14 day program guide
- TiVo Season Pass??automatically finds and records every episode of a series all season long, even if the network schedule changes.
- Thumbs ratings and TiVo?s suggestions for programming, based on viewers? preferences.
- Search by title?lets users find programs by title.
- Wish-List??finds and records programs featuring your favorite actor, director, team or even topic.
- Additional recording options such as skip reruns
- View Upcoming Episodes which lists broadcasts of a particular program on all channels.
- TiVo To Do List?displays a list of programs to be recorded in the future.
TiVo Home Media Option Capable**
- Home Media Option adds networking capability to your TiVo experience.
- Connect two TiVo units (via USB or wireless) to your existing home network and view recordings from one TiVo unit to another in a separate room.
- Enjoy your digital MP3 collection from the comfort of your living room.
- View digital photos from your PC from the comfort of your couch.
- Remote Scheduling?schedule recordings of shows at any time or anywhere you have Internet access and a standard web browser.