If you drive a motorcycle you can still benefit from a state-of-the-art navigation system. The TomTom Rider was designed to be the ideal system for your bike. This compact, easy-to-use navigator mounts easily on your motorcycle, and it's loaded with a host of features that'll make every trip easier.
The touch screen controls give you easy access to all functions, even if you're wearing gloves. You use them to whip through the setup menus, choose your destination, and customize your route preferences. You can see maps and route information clearly on the color screen in all conditions, thanks to a coating of anti-glare material and a small hood which deflects the sun. And the weatherproof Rider shrugs off the elements, even in a strong downpour.
You simply load the included SmartDigital memory card into the Rider's slot to access detailed maps of the United States, then plan your route. The Rider's voice prompts, telling you exactly when and where to turn, are delivered wirelessly to an included Bluetooth? headset that fits in your helmet. You can power the Rider with a wired connection to the bike's battery, or with a built-in rechargeable battery that gives you up to 5 hours of life.
If your cell phone or PDA is Bluetooth-compatible, the Rider offers even more options. Tap the screen, and the Rider connects to your phone, letting you make and receive hands-free calls. You can also subscribe to TomTom PLUS to receive continuously updated traffic information, weather reports, and safety camera data, along with map updates, extra points of interest, and personalization features. The Rider accesses these options wirelessly from your cell phone or PDA using Bluetooth.*
* Before subscribing to TomTom PLUS, you must subscribe to GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), which allows your cell phone or PDA to send and receive data wirelessly. Check to make sure your device is compatible with both GPRS and Bluetooth.
Features & Specifications
- Navigation system with built-in antenna for motorcycles
- 3.5" color touchscreen with anti-glare coating accommodates gloved fingers
- Maps of the United States on SmartDigital card
- Weatherproof construction
- Bluetooth helmet headset receives guidance voice prompts wirelessly
- Selectable route options
- Automatic route recalculation
- Bluetooth-compatible for hands-free calling with compatible cell phones
- Ready for TomTom PLUS services (you must have a separate device compatible with both GPRS and Bluetooth)
- Motorcycle mount
- Internal rechargeable battery
- 300 MHz processor for fast route calculation
- 32MB internal memory
- USB input for connection to your PC
- Dimensions: 3-5/8" (W) x 4-9/16" (H) x 2-5/16" (D)
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year