Ubiquiti Networks set the bar for the world's first low-cost and efficient broadband Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) with the original NanoStation. The NanoStationM and NanoStationlocoM take the same concept to the future with sleek and elegant form factors, along with integrated airMAX (MIMO TDMA protocol) technology.
The low cost, high performance, and small form factor of NanoStationM and NanoStationlocoM make them extremely versatile and economical to deploy.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This "time slot" method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, and scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
Featuring a compact indoor/outdoor design and an interface, it is so intuitive even the most technically challenged can instantly become experts. But don't be fooled--it is as powerful as it is simple. NanoStation packs some phenomenal performance with a revolutionary design combining a high gain antenna system, advanced radio architecture and highly researched and developed firmware technology allowing throughput, stability and capacity performance rivaling even the highest-end WiMax networks
NanoStation M5 Features:
- Great Performance: 150+ Mbps real outdoor throughput and up to 15km+ range. Typical range is 2-4 miles from a LOS tower running AirMax sector antenna's and Rocket M5's.
- Next-Gen Antenna Design: 14.6-16.1dBi dual-polarity gain at 5GHz with optimized cross-polarity isolation in a compact form-factor.
- Dual Ethernet Connectivity: A secondary ethernet port with software enabled POE output for seamless IP Video integration.
- Intelligent POE: Remote hardware reset circuitry of NanoStation M allows for device to be reset remotely from power supply location.
- Easy Installation - Easily mountable to a pole/mast with mounting straps provided.
Antenna Style CPE
Antenna Category 4.9-6.0 GHz WIFI / WLAN
Directional or Omni Directional
Frequency 1 5725-5850 MHz
Max Input Power (W) 8
VSWR: < X: 1 1.6:1
Height/Length (inches) 11.57
Height/Length (mm) 294
Width (inches) 3.15
Width (mm) 80
Thickness/Diameter (inches) 1.22
Thickness/Diameter (mm) 31
Weight (lbs) .89
Weight (grams) 400
Material UV Stabalized Plastic
Operating Temp (celsius) -30 to +70
OK for Outdoor Use Yes
Ground Plane Required No