Prepare yourself to reenter the tournament in the triumphant return of Mortal Kombat. A complete reboot of the franchise, this latest iteration combines all-new mature oriented fighter gameplay with a deep story mode, improved graphics and game technology and new game modes to create a Mortal Kombat play experience like none before it. Feature details include: a storyline that takes players back to the original tournament, 4 player tag-team kombat, fatalities presented in graphic detail never imagined in earlier releases, enhanced online functionality and more.
Along with your game copy, the Mortal Kombat: Kollector's Edition contains a wealth of exclusive digital and physical bonus items.
Kollector's Edition Bonus Items
- Kollectible figurines of Scorpion and Sub-Zero that double up as video game bookends for your favorite Mortal Kombat games
o Hand sculpted with high level of detail
o Decorated using an artful combination of spray mask, tampo print, free spray and hand washes
- The "Art of Mortal Kombat"
o A 110+ page book featuring original concept sketches and game art from the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat
- Retro-Ninja costume
o Exclusive alternate in-game costume inspired by the original character designs
- Customize your Xbox LIVE avatar with Mortal Kombat costumes and challenge your friends in our new King of the Hill online mode
Key Game Features
- Mature Presentation - Fatalities make a triumphant return to their original violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what they've been demanding. Graphic details, never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- All-New Gameplay - By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation, and up to 4 player tag-team kombat; Mortal Kombat introduces an all new fighting mechanic that's both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- Deep Story Mode - Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the original Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- Graphics & Technology - Characters, environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most "realistic" blood effects, Kombat has never looked this good.
- New Game Modes - In addition to an enhanced online feature set, Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode and many additional modes to be announced in the upcoming months.
- Kollector's Edition Bonus Items - Along with their game copy, Kollector's Edition owners receive a variety of exclusive physical and digital bonus items.