High workload rating
Delivering dependable performance to any storage environment, WD Gold hard drives are designed with a workload rating up to 550TB per year, among the highest of any 3.5-inch hard drive.
Enterprise-class storage to rely on
With up to 2.5 million hours MTBF, WD Gold hard drives deliver reliability and durability, are built for yearly operation (24x7x365) within the most demanding storage environments, and are backed with a 5 year limited warranty.
Featured in over 15 million Western Digital hard drives shipped, HelioSeal technology allows for higher capacities and less turbulence on large storage arrays. And now on its 4th generation design, HelioSeal technology is field-tested and proven to deliver high capacity, reliability, and power efficiency you can trust.
Enhanced RAFF technology uses sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct linear and rotational vibrations in real time for improved performance versus WD's desktop drives in high vibration environments.
RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER)
Time-limited error recovery helps to reduce drive fallout within a storage environment caused by the extended hard drive error recovery processes common to desktop drives.
Dynamic fly height technology
Each read-write head's fly height is adjusted in real time to ensure consistent performance for reduced errors and optimized reliability.
- Specifically designed for use in enterprise servers, datacenter servers, and storage systems
- Designed for 24x7x365 reliability at workloads up to 550TB per year
- High level of reliability with up to 2.5 million hours MTBF
- Performance-optimized for heavy application workloads
- Package includes a hard drive only - no screws, cables, manuals included. Please purchase mounting hardware and cables separately if necessary.
- Ships in WD-certified box for safe transit during shipping