The world's best-selling external hard drive now features a new, smart, visual backup solution that protects your data automatically.
Smaller, sleeker, more streamlined design ? WD has made these award-winning drives even smaller, sleeker, and more elegant. As always, this book-like shape takes up less space on your desk and allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
WD SmartWare - A control center for your drive that gives you the power to:
- Protect your data automatically ? Relax. Your data is secure. Automatic, continuous backup will instantly make a second copy whenever you add or change a file.
- See your backup as it happens ? Seeing is believing. Visual backup displays your content categories and shows the progress of your backup.
- Bring back lost files effortlessly ? Retrieve your valuable data to its original location whether you've lost all your data or just overwritten an important file.
- Take control ? Customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics, manage the power settings, and more from the WD SmartWare control center.
Drive lock ? Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and military-grade 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
Illuminated capacity gauge - See at a glance how much space is available on your drive.
USB 2.0 interface ? A simple connection that offers convenience and compatibility among multiple computers.
Power miser ? My Book external drives are designed to save energy. WD GreenPower Technology lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%, a sleep mode reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer.
Planet friendly ? We designed a small box to minimize waste and used recycled material. We encourage you to recycle it.
Ready to plug-and-play with Windows PCs ? if you're a Mac user, check out WD's Mac version of this product.
- Automatic, continuous backup
- Visual drive control center
- Password protection and 256-bit encryption
- Protecting your data with automatic, continuous backup
- Retrieving lost data effortlessly
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music
- Securing private or sensitive data
- Formatted NTFS
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (requires reformatting)
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
- Data transfer rate: 480 Mb/s (maximum)
- RoHS compliant: Yes
- Length: 6.5 in (165 mm)
- Width: 5.3 in (135 mm)
- Height: 1.9 in (48 mm)
- Weight: 2.6 lb (1.18 kg)
- AC input voltage: 100 ? 240V
- AC input frequency: 47 ? 63 Hz
- Operating temperature: 5 degrees C to 35 degrees C
- Non-op. temperature: ?20 degrees C to 65 degrees C