Save everything in one place with twice the protection and access it from anywhere with your PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet. Protect your files with automatic file backup for all your PC and Mac computers. And with direct file uploads from your mobile devices, all your important data is safely stored on your dual-drive personal cloud, freeing up valuable space for your tablets and smartphones.
A Cloud of Your Own
Keep your content safe at home. Get abundant storage and blazing-fast performance without paying monthly fees.
Double-safe, Shared Storage & Backup
Store, organize and back up your photos, videos, music and important documents all in one place.
Use WD's free apps to upload, access and share from anywhere with your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.
- Centralized, dual-drive storage for your family's media collection - Store and organize all your family's photos, videos, music and important documents in one secure place on your home network.
- Access from anywhere - Enjoy your photos, videos, music and more from anywhere on your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. With WD's free apps, your personal cloud is always with you.
- Mirrored data protection - With Mirror Mode (RAID 1) as the default setting, one drive is used to store your data and the other is used for a duplicate copy. Your data is twice as safe, giving you twice the peace of mind.
- Automatic file backup for all your computers - Easily back up the files from all the PC and Mac computers in your home. PC users, WD SmartWare Pro offers options for how, when and where you back up your files. Mac users, utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect your data.
- Remote backup - Protect your data with remote backup to another My Cloud Mirror, integrated cloud backup or local LAN/WAN backup.
- Drive management and data protection at its best - With multiple options to secure your data, it's easy to choose what's right for you. Use the default Mirror Mode (RAID 1) for twice the protection. Or choose RAID 0, spanning or JBOD modes for maximum capacity.
- Expand your tablet and phone storage - Upload photos and videos directly to your personal cloud from anywhere.
- Connect to Dropbox and more - Easily transfer files between your personal cloud, Dropbox and other public cloud accounts using WD's free My Cloud mobile app.
- Increase your personal cloud capacity - Simply attach a compatible USB 3.0 hard drive directly to one of the two USB expansion ports on the My Cloud Mirror drive and instantly expand your storage capacity.
- Transfer and stream faster - Gigabit Ethernet and 1.2 GHz processor deliver faster file transfers and high-speed streaming.
- Unleash your media - Seamlessly stream your videos, photos and music to your connected TVs, media players, gaming consoles and other DLNA-certified devices. With My Cloud Mirror's iTunes server, you can easily stream your music collection to any PC or Mac computer with iTunes.
- Password protection for privacy - Your data is always safe and completely under your control. Protect your personal cloud from unauthorized access with password protection available for every user.
- Set up in minutes - Get up and running in minutes with WD's rich web-based user interface for seamless web-guided setup. WD's software will auto-detect your drive to make it easy.
My Cloud personal cloud storage products work concurrently with multiple operating systems including Mac OS, Win 8, iOS and Android with mobile apps.
- Centralizing and organizing your family's media in one secure location
- Saving your files with twice the protection using Mirror Mode (RAID 1)
- Backing up files automatically from all the PC and Mac computers on your network
- Accessing and saving photos and videos securely from any computer, tablet and smartphone
- Uploading photos and videos directly to your personal cloud from your mobile devices
- Streaming media to your connected TVs, media players and gaming consoles
- Connecting to your Dropbox and other cloud accounts
What's in the box
Personal cloud storage, Ethernet cable, AC adapter, Quick Install Guide.
Windows 8.1 or earlier, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (32-bit) SP 3 operating systems, Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard operating systems
DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming
Router with Internet connection
Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
Safari 6.0 or higher
Firefox 21 or higher
Google Chrome 27 and later on supported Windows and Mac OS platforms