OPEN BOX CONDITION DESCRIPTION
This OPEN BOX product has been inspected by our qualified in-house technicians to ensure 100% working condition & with all original accessories. It may contain minor cosmetic scratches or imperfect packaging. Returns will only be accepted if found defective. Please contact us with any questions before placing your order for further assistance.
The ZEISS Batis Lenses are the first full-frame autofocus lenses for Sony's E-mount cameras to be exclusively developed and distributed by ZEISS. This new family of lenses is particularly suited for the use with Sony's alpha range of mirrorless full-frame system cameras. They make optimal use of the camera sensors, capturing every last detail with impressive contrast and high resolution. As well as offering fast and reliable autofocus, the Batis lens also support manual focusing, allowing users to choose the best option for each individual situation. Allows it to be used in even the harshest weather conditions. The fast, quiet AF drive with linear motors keeps the subject crisply in focus even when shooting in hectic situations. In addition, a handy, rubberized focus ring supports manual focusing, providing the user with full creative freedom when it comes to image composition. It also has a 'floating elements' design which compensates for aberrations of the lens at different distance settings.
Sleek, modern design
With smooth surfaces reminiscent of the high-end ZEISS Otus lenses - emphasizes the superior quality of this new lens and gives the Batis lens an unmistakable look and feel. For the demanding photographer, the cutting-edge OLED display showing the focus distance is a major highlight - an innovation that is currently unparalleled in the world of camera lenses. The electronic display is easy to read even in low light. It shows the distance between the camera system and the focal plane as well as the depth of field.
Furnished with dust and weather seals
Ten lens elements in eight groups and draws on the ZEISS Distagon optical design
Four of the lens elements are aspheric on both sides and five are made from special types of glass. The aspheric lens design ensures consistently high image quality over the whole image field and a sharpness that extends right to the edges of the frame. The moderate 82 degree image angle combined with a minimum focusing distance of 0.2 meters makes this wide-angle lens the perfect choice for architecture and landscape photography and many other applications besides. It encourages the user to make creative use of depth of field which can often yield surprising results, particularly in close-up photography.
- Fast, quiet auto focus drive: Linear motors, Manual focus override
- Unique, OLED display on the lens barrel: Electronic display of focus distance and DOF, Easily readable in low light conditions
- Electronic aperture with 9-blades: Natural looking out of focus highlights
- Modern styling: Rubberized focus ring, similar to the Zeiss Otus lenses
- Dust and weather sealed: Allows the lens to be used under the harshest weather conditions
- Supports all the operating modes and functions for the current range of Sony E mount cameras
- Focal length: 25mm
- Aperture range: f/2.0 - f/22
- Focusing range: 0.2 m (0.65 ft) - infinity
- Elements/Groups: 10 lens elements in 8 groups, 4 lens elements are double-sided aspherics and 5 from special glass types
- Diagonal Field of View: 82 degree
- Close Focus: 0.2m / 0.7-inch
- Magnification: 1:5.2
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Dimensions L x W: 3.6 x 3.2-inches / 92mm x 81mm
- Weight: 11.8oz / 335g