The ultra-thin, ultra-stylish PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH offers a full range of enhanced shooting features that make taking pictures more comfortable and more exciting. A marvel of Canon engineering, this compact powerhouse has a super-sized 3.0 inch LCD screen, a unique Touch Control Dial and a two-tone finish in brushed silver and ebony black.
High resolution and superior comfort - Elegant and stylish 6.0 Megapixel Digital ELPH with high-quality 3x Optical Zoom and UA Lens. Stylishly elegant yet impressively powerful, the PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH has the resolution you need to produce magnificent full-sized prints and on-screen images. The high-quality Canon 3x optical zoom delivers the clarity and sharpness that make even the smallest details come to life.
Better shots, easier replay - Ultra large 3.0 inch LCD screen with a wide viewing angle for easy on-camera viewing. PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH incorporates a big new 3.0 inch LCD screen for a truly eye-opening view. This high-resolution screen offers a crisp, clear picture and wider viewing angle to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. And when you're shooting at dusk or at night, the Night Display function lets you see the display clearly. It brightens the object while you compose your shot by reducing the frame rate on the LCD screen.
ISO 800 reduces image blur - New ISO 800 reduces image blur and expands low-light shooting ability. The PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH features new ISO 800 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations with high shutter speeds, giving you greater flexibility for shooting.
Shoot and view wide images - 16:9 Widescreen mode for full-screen viewing on widescreen TVs and computer monitors. The PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH includes a widescreen resolution option, producing images and film clips that are perfect for your widescreen TV or computer monitor.
Superior quality movies - Fast Frame Rate Movie Mode for shooting high-quality movies up to 60 fps QVGA (320 x 240). Fast Frame Rate Movie Mode allows you to record extremely smooth, full-motion movie clips for up to 1 minute long in QVGA at 60 fps (320 x 240 pixels). With a highly flexible movie mode, you can create the movie that's perfect for any application. Select from VGA (640 x 480 pixels) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) with frame rates of 30 fps and 15 fps for recording up to 1 hour or 1GB. Plus Compact Movie Mode (QQVGA; 160 x 120 pixels) records at 15 fps for up to 3 minutes.
Shooting Modes - Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions
Auto - The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject.
Manual - The ultimate in creative control, you set ISO speed, exposure compensation and white balance.
Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject pop.
Foliage - Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or bluish tint.
Beach - Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
Underwater - Capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect. (Note: Optional Waterproof Case WP-DC4 required for shooting any underwater images)
Indoor - Reduce blur and improve color accuracy when shooting handheld indoors.
Kids & Pets - Reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won't miss those special shots.
Night Snapshot - Get natural-looking pictures with brighter backgrounds and subjects lit by flash.
Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
Color Swap - Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
Digital Macro - Shoot larger-than-life close-ups with one-button simplicity.
Stitch Assist - Build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
My Colors (Final image may vary depending on picture composition.)
Vivid - Yield vibrant shots with dramatic high-contrast.
Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky and other blue areas.
Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
Neutral - Produce images of subtle, elegant tonality.
Sepia - Recreate the look of vintage photographs.
Black & White - Deliver enhanced clarity - especially useful when shooting text.
Positive Film - Combine Vivid Blue, Vivid Green and Vivid Red to achieve a positive film effect.
Lighter Skin Tone - Make your subjects' skin tones lighter.
Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
Custom Color - Finely adjust brightness and vividness, and set your preferred balance of blue, green, red and skin colors.
Type of Camera
Image Capture Device
- Type of Camera: Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 3x Optical / 4x Digital / 12x Combined Zoom
- Type: 6.0 Megapixel, 1/2.5 inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 6.2 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 6.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 5.8-17.4mm f/2.8-4.9 (35mm film equivalent: 35-105mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
Normal: 1.0 ft./30cm-infinity
Macro: 1.2 in.-1.6 ft./3-50cm (WIDE), 1.0-1.6 ft./30-50cm (TELE)
Digital Macro: 1.2-3.9 in./3-10cm (WIDE)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
Aperture and Shutter
- Optical Viewfinder: None
- LCD Monitor: 3.0 inch low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 173,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/4.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/1500 sec.; Long Shutter operates with noise reduction when manually set at 1.3-15 sec.
- Sensitivity: Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800 equivalent
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot** Metering frame is fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE; AE Lock is available
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Auto w/ Red-Eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-Eye Reduction, Flash Off, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range:
Normal: 1.6-11 ft./50cm - 3.5m (W), 1.6-6.6 ft./50cm - 2.0m (T)
Macro: 1.0-1.6 ft./30-50cm (W/T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: Not available
- Shooting Modes: Auto, Camera M, Portrait, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Underwater, Indoor, Kids & Pets, Color Accent, Color Swap), Night Snapshot, Digital Macro, My Colors, Stitch Assist, Movie
- Photo Effects: Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 2.1 fps
- Storage Media: SD Memory Card, MultiMediaCard
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Image Compression:
Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))
- JPEG Compression Mode: Normal, Fine, SuperFine
- Number of Recording Pixels:
Still Image: 640 x 480 (Small), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 2), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 1), 2,816 x 2,112 (Large), 2,816 x 1,584 (Widescreen)
Movie: 640 x 480 / 320 x 240 (30 fps/15 fps) available up to 1GB, 320 x 240 (1 min. at 60 fps), 160 x 120 (3 min. at 15 fps)
- Playback Modes File:
Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Histogram, Index (9 thumbnails), Sound Memos, Slide Show
Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing
- Erase Modes:
Still Image: single image, all images
Movie: part of movie, all of movie
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon CP and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Source:
1. Rechargeable Lithium Battery NB-4L
2. AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC10
- Shooting Capacity: Still Image: approx. 160 shots (NB-4L) * Approx. 210 min. (NB-4L)
- Operating Temperature: 32-104 F/0-40 C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90-percent
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.56 x 2.24 x 0.80 in. / 90.3 x 56.8 x 20.2mm
- Weight: Approx. 5.11 oz. / 145g (camera body only)