Ultimate Power. Ultimate Style.
Now there's a notebook with the power to meet your every challenge-and unique styling that sets it apart from the rest. Crafted with premium materials and engineered with advanced technologies, the HP ENVY 17 fuses design with technology to deliver awesome performance without compromise.
Designed to perform. Engineered to amaze.
The generous design allows plenty of room for the performance-tuned features you desire. Keep your games, videos, and other applications moving at full speed with the latest Intel processors combined with a superb graphics processor. Stream yourself in sharp detail with the built-in HP TrueVision HD Webcam that automatically adjusts for low-light indoor spaces, with a digital dual-array microphone for reduced noise interference.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Experience ultimate performance that scales on demand to support even the most intense 3D games, HD video encoding and multi-tasking in breathtaking color and clarity. Visibly smart performance at its best with the 2nd generation Intel Core
- Experience mind-blowing effects and explosive gaming performance in stereoscopic 3D with Radeon HD 6850M Graphics. Run intensive 3D games flawlessly across multiple monitors with GDDR5 VRAM.
- The 17.3" diagonal Full HD HP Ultra BrightView Infinity LED display provides exceptional brightness and color gamut for state-of-the-art full-screen playback.
- Recharge your battery, whether your notebook is on or off, with an HP Notebook 120W SmartPower Adapter.
- Experience stunning HD video and digital audio with the Blu-ray optical drive
- Bluetooth technology helps you stay in touch when you're on the go.
- Backup your data with the 1500GB Dual Hard Drive (2x750GB 7200RPM) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- Get upto 3 hours and 45 minutes with the 9-cell 93 WHr battery, then connect to AC power and switch to the extra 6-cell 62 WHr battery for an extra 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Art of state of the art.
On the outside, the etched aluminum finish and streamlined design will turn heads. And on the inside, subtle touches make all the difference. The HP ENVY island-style backlit keyboard with integrated numeric keypad responds to your fingertips with individual reflexes. Action keys let you adjust sound, brightness, and other settings with a single touch. The generous-sized, multi-touch, gesture-enabled HP Clickpad helps you navigate quickly and intuitively. And integrated, native support for ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology expands your desktop horizons. Now you can connect up to three external displays to immerse yourself in games, optimize your creative productivity, or maximize your home theater viewing.
Hear all the music.
Experience the studio-quality music the artist intended you to with Beats Audio. HP audio engineers collaborated with Interscope records to deliver the best available audio experience through digital headphones or an external speaker system. HP ENVY's internal audio signal routing uses HP-patented signal integrity techniques to eliminate low-level noise typically experienced with PC audio. When combined with the Beats Studio Headphones by Dr. Dre, the listening experience is nothing short of amazing. (optional)
- DLNA Certified to stream music, photos and videos to devices anywhere in your home. Seamless! (Requires DLNA Certified devices and Windows Media Player 12)
Rely on HP to bring you a notebook this tough
The U.S. Air Force relies on HP to support its cyber warfare strategy and as its preferred technology vendor to run critical operations. The Navy, to keep its defense network secure. Understandably so: HP notebooks are engineered to meet select US Department of Defense standards for equipment used in combat to help ensure they survive in extreme conditions for high temperature, humidity, shock and vibration. Our notebooks must survive extreme temperatures while running-a full 6 degrees hotter than the hottest day recorded in Death Valley, CA, to date. Before releasing this HP ENVY 17 model for consumer use, we put it through a minimum of 140 tests, consuming at least 95,000 hours-all to help ensure it can outlast the rigors of daily life.
Relax with enhanced 24 x 7 support.
HP Total Care provides award-winning service and support for your computer. Check the label placed on the bottom cover (or
inside it on select models) for your PC's warranty period.
During your limited warranty period you get:
-Direct access to an ENVY technical specialist through a dedicated line
- 24 x 7 toll-free technical and limited software support in English or Spanish
- Parts and labor coverage, including customer-replaceable parts, return of equipment to HP and shipment back to you, and authorized service provider options
- 24 x 7 technical assistance via online chat, email, or phone
In addition, and at no charge, you get lifetime access to:
- HP Support Forum in English, French, or Spanish
- HP Support Assistant: click the icon in your taskbar or desktop for easy access to automated maintenance, built-in diagnostic tools, and a choice of assistance options.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor 2.20GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10GHz
- 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 16GB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- Radeon HD 6850M Graphics with 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 4837MB total graphics memory
- 1500GB Dual Hard Drive (2x750GB 7200RPM) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
FINISH AND FEATURES
- Etched aluminum finish in carbon relic
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated microphone
- Slot-Loading Blu-ray Player & SuperMulti DVD Burner
- 17.3" diagonal Full HD 3D Ultra BrightView Infinity LED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- 802.11a/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth with WiDi
- Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital, Multimedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro and xD Picture cards.
- Beats Audio with the HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer
- Full-Size Island-Style Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- HP Clickpad with On/Off button
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 1 SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 3rd port shared with eSATA
- mini-Display port
- 1 HDMI
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out/Microphone-in combo jack
- 16.38" (L) x 10.83" (W) x 1.25" (min H)/ 2.15" (max H)
- 7.82 lbs
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 120W AC Adapter
- 6-Cell 62WHr Lithium-ion battery and 9-Cell 93WHr Lithium-ion battery
- Up to 2 hours and 15 minutes (primary)
- Up to 3 hours and 45 minutes (secondary)
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) with Product Registration.
SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- HP Support Assistant: Update your PC, troubleshoot problems and get technical support.
- HP Power Manager: Adjust power settings for optimal battery life or performance.
- HP Recovery Manager: Recover, restore and create recovery media for, your PC.
- The NextBench
- HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection (HP 3D DriveGuard)
- HP CoolSense: Turn on for automatically cooler performance when in motion.
- Adobe Reader X
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Office 2010 preloaded. (Purchase of a Product Key required to activate a full Office 2010 suite.)
- Windows Live Essentials 2011: Mail, Messenger, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Writer, Mesh
MULTIMEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
- Adobe Premiere Elements 9
- Cyberlink PowerDVD (Premium)
- Cyberlink PowerDVD Premium BD (Blu-ray Disc)
- Cyberlink PowerDVD 3D
- Cyberlink YouCam DE
- TriDef Ignition Gaming Client
- 3D Demo (DreamWorks -- Puss n' Boots)
- HP MovieStore powered by RoxioNow: Rent or buy the latest movies, TV shows and music videos.
- Beats Audio
- Internet Explorer 9
- HP Wireless Display
- Bing Bar for IE 9 (Bing Bar 7)