- Powered by Windows Home Server, a new software solution from Microsoft for storing, accessing, sharing and automatically protecting digital files.
- Microsoft's Windows Home Server Software includes setting up shared folders, assigning user
access privileges and customizing backups.
HP MEDIASMART SERVER SOFTWARE
- HP feature rich software that compliments the Windows Home Server software.
- A web-based user interface to quickly and easily access your server while at home or away.(b)
FILE SHARING & STORAGE
- Effortlessly centralize your files and access them from any PC and/or Mac on your home network.
- Set access privileges for each user at the shared folder level and control the remote access privileges for each user.
PC HARD DRIVE DISK BACKUP
- The Windows Home Server backup software automatically backs up the PC's hard disk drive image every night. You can customize the number and frequency of backups kept.
- Incremental backups: After the initial backup, only changes are backed up.
- Efficient single copy backup: A single copy of each file is backed up, no matter how many computers that files resides on in your home network.
- Back up your Macs to the MediaSmart Server using Apple's Time Machine software.(a)
SHARED FOLDER DUPLICATION
- Designate folders that will be copied automatically onto multiple hard drives for an additional layer of redundant protection. Folder duplication replaces traditional RAID-style redundancy.
INDIVIDUAL FILE RESTORE
- If you accidentally delete a file on your PC, you can browse versions of the PC hard drive backup image on the HP MediaSmart Server to find the file and copy it to your PC.
PC HARD DRIVE DISK RESTORE
- In the event of a PC hard drive failure, the included HP PC Restore disc is all you need to restore a hard drive image from the HP MediaSmart Server. There?s no need to locate your original operating system disc.
MAC HARD DRIVE RECOVERY
- In the event of a Mac hard drive failure, the HP MediaSmart Server Mac recovery utility can restore the entire Mac hard drive, including the operating system, applications, and files, from a Time Machine backup on the HP MediaSmart Server.(d)
HP MEDIA COLLECTOR
- HP Media Collector automatically collects, organizes and centralizes your media files from multiple Windows PCs and Macs (including iPhoto, iTunes, and iMovie libraries) to the server so you can easily find, share and stream your media.(f)
- Setup a personal web address to be used for remote access and by visitors. Using your personal web address, you can remotely access shared folders and files on the HP MediaSmart Server from any Internet-connected computer.(b)
- Remotely run applications on computers on your home network through the HP MediaSmart Server from an Internet-connected computer using your personal web address.(b)
IN-HOME AND REMOTE MEDIA STREAMING
- Conveniently stream photos, music and videos to PCs, Macs, and TVs using gaming consoles (Xbox 360 & PLAYSTATION 3), on your home network.(f)
- The HP Video Converter converts your video library on the server (including unprotected DVD's) into a MPEG-4 (H.264) video format that will stream using popular streaming devices. It also creates a mobile version that you can download to play on your iPod, iPhone, PlayStation Portable (PSP) or other popular mobile devices.(f)
- Control how your videos are converted by selecting the device your video will be played on and specify the video settings yourself.
- Remotely stream music, photos and video from your server to any Internet-connected computer for quick and easy access to your content while you are away.(b)(f)
- The HP MediaSmart Server iPhone? application lets you stream all of your photo, music and video content from your home server directly to your iPod touch and iPhone.(b)(f)
HP PHOTO PUBLISHER
- Easily publish your photos to SnapfishTM, Facebook, Flickr, and PicasaTM Web Albums using an
HP PHOTO VIEWER
- Quickly create and share photos and albums stored on the Server with family and friends.(b) You can designate certain albums as 'private' and share these with people you choose.
SERVER FOR ITUNES
- Centralize your iTunes music libraries and playlists on the server for playback to any PC or Mac running iTunes on your home network. Automatically copies iTunes music libraries from family members' Windows PCs to the server for streaming and preserves playlists from each PC.
EASY STORAGE EXPANSION
- Add an internal or external hard drive to the HP MediaSmart Server.(g) No need to power down the unit or manage drive letters for multiple hard drives.
SERVER ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION
- Server side anti-virus trial offer from McAfee for increased protection of your HP MediaSmart Server.(e)
- Run quick scans of specific folders or deep scans across your entire home server.
- Protect your digital memories from fire/flood/natural disaster?backup your server to an available internal or external hard disk drive to store offsite.
- The included Server Recovery Disc can be used to recover all data and restore folders or, to reset the server in case the server operating system disk becomes corrupt.
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE ADD-INS
- Extend the functionality of your server through available software applications to expand the server's functionality and personalize it for your needs.
- Up to 10 user accounts can access the HP MediaSmart Server. In addition, a predefined Guest account can be enabled.
PC OPERATING SYSTEM SUPPORT
- Automatic backup of computers running Microsoft Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP Home (SP3), XP Professional (SP3), Media Center Edition 2004 (SP2) with Rollup 2, and Macs running Apple's Time Machine.(a)
- File sharing for computers running Microsoft Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP Home (SP3) or XP Professional (SP3), Media Center Edition 2004 (SP2) with Rollup 2, Mac OS X or Linux.
- Remotely access computers on your home network running Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP3), Media Center Edition 2005 (SP2) with Rollup 2, or Vista Ultimate from an internet-connected PC.
- EX495 - Intel Pentium Processor Dual Core 2.5 GHZ 64-bit (provides enhanced network throughput and video conversion performance)
- Connects easily to the home network through a built-in Ethernet port.
- 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) RJ45 Ethernet - Supports both wired and wireless PCs (via a wireless router).
- 4 USB 2.0 ports (1 front, 3 back)
- 1 eSATA port (back)
INTERNAL HARD DRIVES
- EX495 ? one SATA 7200 RPM 1.5TB
- Three hard drive bays for easy expandability
- Additional off the shelf 7200 RPM SATA I or II hard drives can be added to expansion bays. No tools required.
MAXIMUM STORAGE CAPACITY
- Only limited by the number of internal hard disk drive bay (4), USB 2.0 ports (4) and eSATA port (1).
- Easily increase your server's capacity to multiple terabytes of storage by adding internal or external SATA or external USB hard drives ? no tools required!
BUILT-IN SERVER SLEEP MODE
- Conserves energy and saves you money! The built-in sleep mode consumes only 1W of power. The server can take on many of your PC's responsibilities, enabling you to turn off your individual computers to further save energy and money.
- Internal universal power supply
- The sleek, streamlined micro-tower design is perfect for use in the home office or the living room. Perforated steel exterior panels provide cool, quiet operation.
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
SERVICE AND WARRANTY
- One year limited warranty and our dedicated software technical support available from date of purchase both online and by phone.