Amazingly easy to use, the Triton 1500 reinvents handheld GPS. A large, 2.7" color touch screen makes it easy to navigate the simple, intuitive menus and control navigation features with a touch.
Use our exclusive VantagePoint software to easily manage and upload detailed maps, user generated content, updates and upgrades on your PC. View saved routes and tracks. Customize them for future trips or create new ones.
SD-card compatibility makes it easy to expand your navigation capabilities by adding detailed maps and applications. Upload optional detailed topographic maps, marine cartography, and other applications to find your way on all your outdoor adventures. Plus, Triton is the first handheld GPS to offer compatibility with National Geographic maps. These highly detailed nation-wide topographic maps based on USGS 1:24.000 series quads, offer seamless scalability, multi-layer overlays and much more.
Record audio notes for waypoints and play them back with the built-in microphone and speaker. A powerful, low battery consumption LED flashlight helps you find your way in the dark: an invaluable tool for camping and other outdoor recreation.
Triton is designed for precision navigation, offering the fastest GPS positioning acquisition in the industry with the SiRFstarIII chipset. An integrated high-sensitivity antenna provides reliable signal reception even in heavy cloud cover, canyons or deep woods. Built-in signal augmentation reception (WAAS/EGNOS) provides 3-meter accuracy.
Rugged and waterproof, your Triton is built to withstand intense use, accidental impact and immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes (IPX-7). It's ready to guide you across any terrain in the great outdoors.
Touch-screen technology makes it easy to use all the advanced features. View the elevation profile for the trail ahead (or any route) or even the track you just traveled. See the precise time of sunrise/sunset any day of the year. Get a calculation of the best hunting and fishing time. And much more.
Triton is built on the experience of GPS users and nearly 20 years of precision positioning technology from Magellan: the first name in navigation.
- 2.7" color touch screen control - The latest touch-screen technology is built in to the large brilliant color display. Control navigation and advanced features with a touch
- Amazing ease-of-use - Reinventing handheld GPS, simple menus, instant access buttons, intuitive scroll pad and crystal clear graphics let you navigate without the need for a Ph.D.
- Voice recorder - Microphone and speaker enable you to record audio notes for waypoints to share with friends and family or easily find your way back next time
- Flashlight - Light your way with a powerful LED flashlight. Low power consumption helps maximize battery life.
- Compass screen - See your direction of travel, distance and position of destination, heading, bearing, speed and more on the beautiful graphic compass
- Built-in maps - Basemap of the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, and Canada (major highways, city centers, bodies of water and more) plus worldwide geographic boundaries
- SD-card expansion - Use your own SD memory cards to upload unlimited detailed maps and store routes, waypoints, geocaches and more
- Digital music player - Upload your digital music to the available memory or own SD card and enjoy a customized soundtrack as you explore. Plug in any standard headphones for clear private listening
- Add detailed maps - Upload optional marine cartography, topographic maps, and more, including the highly-detailed and feature-packed National Geographic Maps to your own SD cards
- External antenna connector - Simply plug in an external antenna in your boat or off-road vehicle for enhanced GPS signal reception
- Audio jack - Plug in any standard 1/8" headphones to enjoy clear private listening of your digital music, voice notes and other recordings
- 3-meter accuracy - SiRFstar III chipset and integrated multidirectional antennae offer superior GPS accuracy using the Wide Area Augmentation System (WASS)
|Case ||Rubber armored impact-resistant plastic, water-resistant seal, IPX-7|
|Base Map ||Built-in basemap of Contiguous U.S., Alaska, Canada and Worldwide Geographic Boundaries|
|Size ||4.65" x 2.16" x 1.22"|
|Weight ||6.6 oz (187.1 g) - w/ battery|
|Display ||2.2" (5.59cm) diagonal, QVGA (240 x 320) resolution, LED backlit|
|Memory ||SD Card|
|Data Storage ||Secure Digital (SD) Card|
|Antenna ||Built-in multidirectional patch|
|Keypad ||Nine direct-access keys|
|Operating Range ||14 to 140 degrees F (-10 to 60 C)|
|Receiver ||TrueFix 14 channels, WAAS/EGNOS|
|Acquisition Time ||Hot: 20 seconds, Cold: 60 seconds, Initial: 2 minutes|
|Update Rate ||Once per second|
|Accuracy ||3 to 5 meters (10 - 16 feet) - WAAS/EGNOS, < 7 meters (15 feet) - GPS only|
|Languages ||English and French|
|Source ||Two AA Batteries (not included)|
|Battery Life ||10 hours|