Leave no fingerprint
Whether it is open or closed, you will find yourself wanting to feel this VAIO E Series laptop. With a textured, diamond-shaped pattern embossed on the lid and palm rest, this PC is artfully crafted to be pleasing to the eyes and to the touch without leaving any fingerprint smudges.
Bold and Bright
Developed by the same people you trust to engineer amazing flat-panel HDTVs, this laptop features exceptional picture quality. The 15.5" (1366 x 768) widescreen display includes an LED backlight that helps ensure a bright display with lower power consumption for improved battery life.
Built-in Blu-ray Disc Drive
The Blu-ray Disc player combines the power of HD Blu-ray Disc video playback with the convenience and utility of DVD and CD read/write functionalities. The best picture. The best sound. With stunning clarity, Blu-ray Disc technology is the ultimate way to enjoy your entertainment.
Practical innovation is a cornerstone of Sony's vision, and our keyboards are no exception. Designed for ease of use, the laptop features a precisely engineered keyboard and integrated 10-key number pad for the ultimate in speed and convenience.
One button bliss
Discover special hardware buttons: VAIO, ASSIST and WEB that get you where you want to go with a touch of a button. - One touch access to the web without full boot up into Windows with WEB button.
- Press the VAIO button to launch either PMB (Picture Motion Browser) or Media Gallery software and create movies, and enjoy photos and music in a whole new way.
- ASSIST button links directly to VAIO Care software that helps maintain and troubleshoot PC issues for optimal performance.
Enjoy on your HDTV
Now enjoy all of your personal and online content on your big screen-by wirelessly connecting your laptop to your TV. Stop crowding around a laptop screen, with Intel Wireless Display, you can sit back and experience your favorite videos, photos, movies, online TV shows, and more, all with great image clarity up to 1080p. Simply connect an adapter (sold separately) to your compatible TV and follow a few simple steps. Set it up once, and sharing your screen is as easy as pie.
A better computer deserves better support
We back our computers with industry-leading support that is distinguished by such features as:
- In-home service-that's right, when possible we'll come out to your house to resolve your issue
- International service available in over 40 countries
- 24/7 phone and chat support
- Parts and labor are covered as part of the standard limited warranty on covered repairs
- Online support website with access to drivers, software updates, FAQs, user forums and more
- Optional Sony extended service plans that keep you covered up to 4 years from the date of your PC purchase
Life at your fingertips
Find a new appreciation for your music and photos with Media Gallery software. Not only can it automatically create unique song playlists on beat, tone and rhythm, it can also help you rediscover forgotten favorites with recommendations based on your specific taste. Playback can be controlled by hand gestures using the built-in web camera, simply wave your hand and Media Gallery software will advance to the next track or photo. Media Gallery software also makes it easy to create slideshows with high-quality transitions and soundtracks from your personal music library.
PMB VAIO Edition
PMB (Picture Motion Browser) makes managing your photos and home videos as easy as taking them. Conditions aren't always ideal for capturing the perfect video or snapshot but with one-click effects, like video stabilization and red-eye removal, PMB VAIO Edition makes it easy to transform so-so shots into memorable masterpieces. Using the magic of Sony's intelligent analysis technologies, PMB eliminates the clutter and automatically organizes content by person, place and date. Intuitive navigation features like face detection make it simple to do just that.
PC tune-ups and maintenance made easy
We've designed an easy-to-use tool that lets you tune up, update and troubleshoot your VAIO PC with just a few clicks:
- Tune-up your VAIO PC to help keep it running its best for the long haul
- Check for and install recent updates from Sony and Microsoft to keep your VAIO PC up to date
- Identify and troubleshoot issues on your own
- Create recovery discs (media sold separately) to back up your system software and settings
- Connect with Sony phone, chat or online support when you need to talk with a Sony expert
VAIO Gate offers fast and easy access to favorite multimedia programs and entertainment. This gateway is always there as a visually attractive bar at the top of your desktop and keeps track of your most popular programs and media.
- Fully integrated onto your desktop for quick access with large icons
- Simple and easy to use ? click on an icon to go straight to a program
- Personalize VAIO Gate by moving icons within the browser or adding and removing them completely by simple drag and drop
- RSS feed enables web recommendations and links
Take it to the big screen
Whether you're watching stunning high definition content or enjoying video captured from your compatible camcorder, you can play back HD content on your compatible big screen HDTV with a high level of resolution. An HDMI output delivers both your video and audio via a single HDMI cable (sold separately), providing the optimal digital connection to your HDMI-enabled HDTV so you can enjoy HD entertainment on the big screen without a myriad of extra cables and wires.
A built-in web camera offers you the opportunity to be seen clearly in video chats with your friends. This web camera also offers a includes face tracking technology that allows the camera to automatically adjust and keep you in focus as you move about.
- Sound System: Intel High Definition Audio
- Backlight Technology: LED
- Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Screen Size: 15.5"
- ENERGY STAR: 5.0
- EPEAT: Gold
- ROHS: Compliant
- Action Buttons: VAIO, ASSIST, WEB, Wireless On/Off
- Pointing Device: Touchpad (Gesture supported)
- Processor: Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Video RAM: Internal
- 10-Key Numeric Pad: Yes
- Camera: Built-in web camera and microphone
- Keyboard: QWERTY, 103 keys with 2.0mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch
Inputs and Outputs
- DC-In: 1
- HDMI Output(s): 1
- Headphone Output: 1
- Memory Stick Duo: 1
- Microphone Input: 1
- Secure Digital (SD) Slot: 1
- USB 2.0: 4
- VGA Output(s): 1
- Installed Memory: 4GB (4GB x 1)
- Memory Type/Speed: DDR3/1333MHz
- Max. Memory: 8GB
- Support - Blu-ray Disc: Read Only
- Support - CD/DVD: Read / Write
- Type: Blu-ray Disc Player
- Battery Type: Standard Lithium Ion Battery (4000mAh)
- Cache: 3MB
- Speed: 2.30GHz
- Technology: Dual Core
- Type: Intel Core i3-2350M
Service and Warranty Information
- Toll-Free Phone Support
- Priority Phone Support
- Onsite/In-Home Service: Yes
- International Service: Yes
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year
- Anti-Virus Software: Norton Internet Security 2012 30-Day Trial Offer
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 64-bit
- Supplied Software: Microsoft Office Starter with reduced-functionality versions of Word and Excel, VAIO Care, Media Gallery, PMB - VAIO Edition
- Capacity: 640GB
- Storage Technology: 5400rpm
- Storage Type: Serial ATA
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 14.56" (W) x 1.24" - 1.45" (H) x 9.78" (D)
- Weight (Approx.): 5.97 lbs. (with Standard Battery)
- Ethernet Protocol: 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T
- WiDi Ready: Yes - Intel Wireless Display Technology
- WiFi Adapter: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000