This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example: the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc). Returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective.
The world's smartest drone is also the easiest to fly. With features like pushbutton flight and computer-assisted Smart Shots, Solo makes it easy for anyone to get professional aerial photos and video. Solo is powered by two 1 GHz computers for the best and smoothest aerial photography experience imaginable, including many world-first technologies and a host of built-in safety and support features. And it's the only all-in-one drone to offer live video streaming in vivid HD from your GoPro directly to your mobile device - at ranges up to half a mile. Solo requires a smartphone or tablet (not included).
Cinematic made Automatic
3DR has created the one and only drone that can automatically control both copter and camera positioning in flight. Dual 1 GHz Linux companion computers power one-of-a-kind Smart Shots for sweeping multi-axis aerial cinema.
How it works
It's not just on or off, manual or autonomous. You can tailor Smart Shots in real time to work for you, using as much computer-powered flight or camera control as you need to bring your creative vision to life.
1. You Do It All - Fly and film like any consumer drone. Control the drone and the camera by yourself, using unique Solo features like preset angles and fine-grain tilt control.
2. Split the Work - You can choose to have your copter's computer be a second operator, either a pilot or cameraman. Let Solo fly itself (locked on predetermined paths for consistent and safe flights) while you operate the camera, or fly yourself while the drone's computer controls the camera for you, easing between keyframes or staying locked on a subject as you Orbit or Follow.
3. Drone Does It All - Quickly set up a shot exactly as your creative mind envisions it (position in space, how the camera pans and tilts, and speed of the shot) and let Solo execute it. Reveal subjects, orbit subjects or ease in and out of two keyframes.
No matter how much you're letting your drone do, you can override it at any time, choosing to tweak, tune, shape and direct your shots for ultimate creative control.
A controller smarter than most drones
Even if you've never flown a drone, the Solo controller will feel natural the moment you pick it up. It has its own 1 GHz computer, the first controller designed specifically for the photographer in you: Adjust and save camera positions, change sweep speed, record video and snap photos with the push of a button. All while crisp HD video streams on your mobile screen. Look down: It's more like holding a camera than holding a drone controller.
Optimized for GoPro
The camera you know and love - and use. We worked directly with GoPro to make Solo the first and only drone to deliver crisp HD from your GoPro straight to your mobile device, along with in-flight control of your HERO4 camera.
And open to ideas
We built your Solo to grow over time. The open gimbal bay means we can offer an array of fully-compatible cameras and sensors as tech evolves. And our Made for Solo program already has several new Solo accessory platforms in development.
iOS & Android Apps
- Live HD video
- Satellite view for location accuracy
- Smart Shot planning
- One-touch shot control
- Flight School: Solo tutorial videos and info portal
- Real-time airspace safety information
- User-defined geofencing
- Record straight to camera roll
- Advanced settings for Solo and camera
- Critical in-flight information
- Wireless updates for all Solo components
- In-app alerts and access to customer support
- Time Lapse Cable cam
- Dual 1 GHz Linux processors
- Live HD GoPro stream to iOS & Android
- Smart Shots: Perfect shots, automatically
- 20 minute flight time
- Platform for growth: New accessories and cameras
Physically damaged product will not be accepted for return under any circumstances . No exceptions.