Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music; make calls; send and receive messages; provide information; news; sports scores; weather and more - instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo has seven microphones and beam forming technology so it can hear you from across the room - even while music is playing. Echo is also an Xpertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with 360 degree immersive sound. When you want to use Echo; just say the wake word "Alexa" and Echo responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot; Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception)
Amazon Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music - just ask for your favorite artist or song; or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics; when a song or album was released; or let Alexa pick the music for you. With multi-room music support; you can play music across multiple Echo devices simultaneously (Spotify and Sirius XM coming soon; Bluetooth not supported for multi-room music).
Amazon Echo also provides hands-free voice control to Pandora; Spotify; iHeartRadio and TuneIn. Plus; Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like iTunes from your phone or tablet. Echo has been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response. Its dual downward-firing speakers produce 360 degree omni-directional audio to fill any room with immersive sound.
With Echo; you can call anyone hands-free - no tapping or searching required. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Additionally; you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App.
Let your household know when dinner is ready; ask someone for help with a chore; or remind the kids to go to sleep - without having to raise your voice. With the Drop-In feature enabled for room-to-room calling; instantly connect with compatible Echo devices in your home.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition; Echo can hear you ask a question from any direction - even while playing music
When you want to use Echo; simply say the wake word; "Alexa;" and Echo lights up and streams audio to the cloud; where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly.
Alexa - the brain behind Echo - is built in the cloud; so it is always getting smarter. The more you use Echo; the more it adapts to your speech patterns; vocabulary and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected; updates are delivered automatically.
Just in the last few months we've added Alexa calling and messaging; exclusive voice-shopping deals; far-field voice control of Amazon Video on Fire TV and thousands of new skills from third-party developers
Skills add even more capabilities like ordering a pizza from Domino's; requesting a ride from Uber; tracking your fitness with Fitbit; controlling your TV with DISH Hopper and more. Enabling skills lets your Echo do even more - simply discover and enable the skills you want to use in the Alexa App.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App
Use Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed; turn on the fan or space heater while reading in your favorite chair; or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie - all without lifting a finger. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command; like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed (Coming soon).
Echo works with devices such as lights; switches; TVs; thermostats and more from WeMo; Philips Hue; Sony; SmartThings; Insteon; Nest; Eco bee and Wink
With the free Alexa App on Fire OS android; iOS and desktop browsers; you can easily setup and manage your Echo. Use the Alexa App to connect music services you already use like Spotify and Pandora. Link your calendar from Google; G Suite; iCloud; Outlook.com or Office365. Setup your smart home devices from Philips Hue; TP-Link; Eco bee; WeMo; SmartThings; Insteon; Wink; Nest; Lutron and more.
Make calls; view your conversation history; manage contacts and get notifications when you receive a message (calling and messaging features available on iOS and Android only). See which books are available to read from your Kindle and Audible libraries. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover third-party skills.
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music; Spotify; Pandora; iHeartRadio; TuneIn and more using just your voice
- Call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also; instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Fills the room with immersive; 360 degree omni-directional audio. Play music simultaneously across Echo devices with multi-room music (Spotify and Sirius XM support coming soon).
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition; even while music is playing
- Answers questions; reads the news; reports traffic and weather; reads audiobooks from Audible; gives info on local businesses; provides sports scores and schedules; controls Amazon Video on Fire TV and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights; fans; TVs; switches; thermostats; garage doors; sprinklers; locks and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo; Philips Hue; Sony; Samsung SmartThings; Nest and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features; plus thousands of skills like Uber; Domino's; DISH and more
- Size: 9.25 x 3.3 x 3.3 in. (235 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm)
- Weight: 37.5 oz. (1064 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band; dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming to Bluetooth speakers from Amazon Echo; from your mobile device to Amazon Echo and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices.
- Audio: 2.5 inch woofer and 2.0 inch tweeter.
- System Requirements: Amazon Echo comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS android and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser.