Echo Dot is a hands-free; voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker - it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose. Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music; make calls; send and receive messages; provide information; news; sports scores; weather and more - instantly.
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room; even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo Dot; just say the wake word "Alexa" and Dot responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot; Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Sleek and compact design makes Echo Dot a convenient addition to any room in the house. With its built-in speaker; you can place Dot in the bedroom and use it as a smart alarm clock that can also turn off your lights. Or use Dot in the kitchen to easily set timers and shop tens of millions of Amazon products using just your voice.
Echo Dot can also directly connect to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable; Bluetooth; or Wi-Fi for compatible wireless speakers to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room or den. Learn more about Bluetooth speakers and devices that work well with Echo Dot. With multi-room music support and connected speakers via cable; you can play music across multiple Echo devices.
Echo Dot provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music - just ask for your favorite artist or song; or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics; when a song or album was released; or let Alexa pick the music for you. Set a music alarm to wake up to your favorite song or playlist. Listen to any song with Amazon Music Unlimited.
Echo Dot also provides hands-free voice control to Apple Music; Spotify; Pandora; SiriusXM; TuneIn and iHeartRadio
With Echo Dot; you can talk to almost anyone hands-free - no tapping or searching required. Use the Drop-In feature when you want to connect instantly with compatible Echo devices in your home. For example; you can ask someone for help with a chore; or remind the kids to go to sleep - without having to raise your voice. With Alexa Announcements; you can also use the Echo Dot to broadcast a quick; one-way message to all other Echo devices in your home. Plus; now with Skype calling stay in touch with friends and family in over 150 countries.
Making calls with Alexa is easy. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Set up your voice profile and teach Alexa to recognize your voice. When you say; "Alexa; call Mom"; Alexa will call your mom; even if you have multiple users in your home. Additionally; you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App
Use Echo Dot to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed; turn up the thermostat while reading in your favorite chair; or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie - all without lifting a finger…or even raising your voice. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command; like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed.
Echo Dot works with smart home devices such as lights; switches; TVs; fans; thermostats and more from Philips Hue; TP-Link; Sony; Eco bee; WeMo; SmartThings; Insteon; Lutron; Nest; Wink; Honeywell and more.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With a more powerful processor; the Echo Dot has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction - even in noisy environments or while playing music.
When you want to use Echo Dot; simply say the wake word; "Alexa;" and Dot lights up and streams audio to the cloud; where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly.
Echo uses tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more with your device; like test your trivia knowledge with Jeopardy!; find your inner Zen with Headspace; track your fitness with Fitbit; fall asleep to ambient sounds; play games and more. It's easy to get started - just say "Alexa; help me get started with skills."
New skills are being added all the time. Discover skills and see ratings and reviews in the skill section of the Alexa app or by visiting the skill homepage. You can also create your own custom Alexa responses in minutes by using Alexa Skill Blueprints to create your own Alexa Skills.
Turn Alexa into a kid-friendly DJ; comedian and storyteller. Enable Amazon Free Time in the Alexa app to unlock specific features on your Echo Dot designed with kids in mind. Parental controls in the online Amazon Parent Dashboard let you set daily time limits; review activity; or pause Alexa on the device. Parents can filter explicit songs from Amazon Music and voice shopping is turned off to help prevent unexpected purchases. Free Time is available on Echo; Echo Dot and Echo Plus at no additional charge.
With a Free Time Unlimited subscription (starting at $2.99/month); you get hundreds of hours of fun and educational content; including premium kids skills from brands like Disney and Nickelodeon; ad-free radio stations and playlists; over 300 Audible books; including Beauty and the Beast and more. Also available is Echo Dot Kids Edition; which includes an Echo Dot; 1-year of Amazon Free Time Unlimited and a kid-friendly case; plus a 2-year worry-free guarantee - if they break it; return it and we'll replace it for free.
Customize your Dot for any room with the optional Echo Dot Case. Available in leather or fabric and a range of colors.
With the free Alexa App on Fire OS android; iOS and desktop browsers; you can easily setup and manage your Echo Dot. Use the Alexa App to connect music services you already use like Spotify and Pandora. Link your calendar from Google; G Suite; iCloud; Outlook.com or Office365. Setup your smart home devices from Philips Hue; TP-Link; Eco bee; WeMo; SmartThings; Insteon; Wink; Nest; Lutron and more.
Make calls; view your conversation history; manage contacts and get notifications when you receive a message (calling and messaging features available on iOS and Android only). See which books are available to read from your Kindle and Audible libraries. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover third-party skills.
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music; control smart home devices; make calls; answer questions; set timers and alarms and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music; Apple Music; Spotify; Pandora; SiriusXM; TuneIn and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free; or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights; locks; thermostats and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker; or for bigger sound; connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
- 50;000+ skills; including Jeopardy!; Lyft; Audible and Domino's. Always getting smarter and adding new features.
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control; even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- Size: 1.3 x 3.3 x 3.3 in. (32 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm)
- Weight: 5.7 oz. (163 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by the manufacturing process
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio: Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).
- System Requirements: Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS android and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services may require a subscription or other fees.
- Accessibility Features: The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision; hearing; mobility and speech.