This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this productA spectacular display is just the beginning.
A groundbreaking Retina display. A new force-sensing trackpad. All-flash architecture. Powerful dual-core and quad-core Intel processors. Together, these features take the notebook to a new level of performance. And they will do the same for you in everything you create.
Retina display. Multimillion-pixel view.
When you pack so many pixels into a display - over 4 million on the 13-inch model and over 5 million on the 15-inch model - the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can't discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism. A spectacular 2560-by-1600 resolution on the 13-inch MacBook Pro and an equally impressive 2880-by-1800 resolution on the 15-inch MacBook Pro let you see more of your high-resolution images with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. And text is so sharp, you'll feel like you're reading email, web pages, and documents on a printed page.
The Retina display reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. Its high contrast ratio results in blacker blacks and whiter whites. And everything in between is rich and vibrant. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you'll see the difference at practically any angle. And you're going to love what you see.
Advanced Intel mobile processors. Serious power.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display has the power to do amazing things. Fourth-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processors let you make quick work of even the most complex tasks in professional apps like Final Cut Pro X, thanks to speeds up to 2.8GHz, 6MB of shared L3 cache, and Turbo Boost speeds up to 4.0GHz. And every model comes standard with 16GB of superfast memory. All of which means the 15-inch MacBook Pro is ready to take on whatever you can dream up, wherever your travels take you.
High-performane graphics. A flawless onscreen performance.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro has a phenomenal display - with the graphics power to match. Its fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processor features Iris Pro Graphics with 128MB of embedded memory, which accelerates demanding graphics tasks by acting as an ultrafast cache. For even more impressive graphics performance, choose the 15-inch model that combines the power of Iris Pro Graphics with the AMD Radeon R9 M370X. Thanks to 2GB of GDDR5 memory, you'll get even better performance when playing high-resolution games, editing video in Final Cut Pro X, or rendering images in pro graphics applications.
Longer-lasting battery. Up to a 9-hour charge.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro lasts up to 10 hours between charges. And the 15-inch model lasts up to 9 hours. That's an hour longer than previously for each model. And they deliver 12 hours and 9 hours of iTunes movie playback, respectively. Thats impressive battery life for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, state-of-the-art processors and graphics, and a superslim design, it's absolutely remarkable. The built-in battery gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles.
Faster flash storage. There's a reason they call it "flash".
Thanks to the superfast read and write performance of the PCle-based flash storage, you'll notice a difference in whatever you do. Starting up is really fast, apps launch quickly, and navigating the desktop feels fluid and responsive. The 13-inch model features flash storage speeds of up to 1.6 GBps - that's 2 times faster than the previous generation, letting you import huge photo libraries in no time flat. On the 15-inch model you get up to 2.5x faster flash storage - with up to 2.0 GBps throughput - that works with quad-core processors and high-performance graphics to make quick work of even the most demanding Final Cut Pro X editing tasks. And since these MacBook Pro models come with up to 1TB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you. In addition, flash has no moving parts, so it's superdurable and quiet.
802.11ac Wi-Fi. The definition of fast.
Meet the ultimate mobile creative studio - with the emphasis on mobile. Equipped with 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology, you're free to unplug and still stay connected - to your network, to your wireless peripherals, and to the world. With AirPlay and Apple TV, you can wirelessly play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your MacBook Pro, all on your widescreen TV. And when your MacBook Pro connects to an 802.11ac Wi-Fi base station, such as AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule, your wireless performance is up to 3x faster.
Thunderbolt 2. The world's most advanced I/O.
Fast and versatile, Thunderbolt 2 provides up to 20Gb/s of bandwidth to each external device. So you're more than ready for the next generation of high-performance peripherals and displays. You can connect massive amounts of storage and add a PCI expansion chassis. And since each Thunderbolt 2 port allows you to daisy-chain up to six peripherals, you can go all out by plugging in up to 12 external devices via Thunderbolt alone.
Whether you choose the 13-inch or 15-inch model, you'll get two Thunderbolt 2 ports, two USB 3 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot, and a headphone port. So in a matter of minutes you can build an entire professional studio with MacBook Pro as its centerpiece.
Audio and visual.
- Stereo speakers - You haven't heard it all until you've heard the speakers inside MacBook Pro. For something so thin and light, the sound is huge. And with a wide dynamic range, optimal balance, and a crisp, expressive quality, these speakers might sound too good to be true. That's because we labored painstakingly over the design to maximize the quality of every decibel you hear.
- Dual mics - Dual built-in microphones are great for when you want to be heard. If you're making a FaceTime call, for example, the mics reduce background noise from behind the notebook. And when you use Dictation, they create an adaptive audio beam that intelligently adjusts to detect your voice - instead of the noise around you.
- FaceTime HD camera - Make your point with greater clarity. Centered just above the widescreen Retina display on MacBook Pro is an advanced FaceTime HD camera, with an image sensor that produces accurate colors and reduced image noise even in low light. The sophisticated image processor produces sharper images and reduced motion blur. And the face detection feature automatically adjusts exposure and white balance to complement your face and skin tone, so you always look your best - no matter what lighting is behind you.
Thin and light, MacBook Pro is designed to go anywhere - including places with less-than-stellar lighting. A built-in sensor detects changes in ambient light and adjusts the keyboard and display brightness automatically. So you're never left in the dark.
iCloud. Everything you need. Anywhere you need it.
iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more from whatever device you're on. So if you take a picture with your iPhone or make changes to your meeting schedule on your iPad, iCloud makes sure everything appears on your Mac, too. And it works both ways - create a to-do list on your Mac and you can make edits to it on your iPhone.
Powerful apps included. Get right to work. And play.
Out of the box, MacBook Pro is already a document-creating, number-crunching, presentation-sharing, photo-editing, movie-making, and music-producing powerhouse. That's because it includes six powerful productivity and creativity apps: Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Photos, iMovie, and GarageBand.7 Not to mention all the other incredible apps, including Safari, Mail, and iBooks, which are perfect for the things you want to do and the things you need to do. And, of course, there are thousands more apps to discover at the Mac App Store.
It's like having your own team of experts.
Every new Mac comes with professional advice, award-winning service and support, and a world of online resources.
- Support from AppleCare - A Mac includes 90 days of free telephone technical support and a one-year limited warranty. If you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan, you can extend that coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac.
- Support from the Apple Retail Store - You can always get expert advice at the Genius Bar in any Apple Retail Store. Even better, when you buy a Mac directly from Apple, you can sign up for One to One. A personal trainer will help you transfer files from your old computer and give you a year's worth of in-person training sessions.
- Operating System: Mac OS X v10.10 Yosemite
- CPU: 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
- Screen: 15.4"
- Memory: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage: 256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
- Graphics Card: Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- Communication: Gigabit LAN and WLAN
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 14.1" x 9.7" x 0.7"
- Weight: 4.46 lbs.
- Resolution: 2880 x 1800
- WLAN: 802.11ac Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- USB: 2 x USB 3.0
- Video Port: 2 x Mini DisplayPort via Thunderbolt port
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI
- Audio Ports: 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack