ASUS Prime is the next evolution of the ASUS motherboard; born of a pedigree that stretches back to 1989. Our team of world-class engineers are passionate about empowering everyone to enjoy the benefits of customization and tuning; and the driving force behind the development of Prime is to make advanced enthusiast controls easily accessible - maximizing performance; stability and compatibility for the very best DIY PC experiences. Simply stated: it's time for Prime.
Protect your graphics card investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process to integrate the slot with fortifying metal support for an inherently stronger design; SafeSlot is then firmly anchored to the motherboard through additional solder points.
Built to Last
ASUS is the world's foremost motherboard manufacturer; renowned for our unique Design Thinking approach. Our exhaustive testing exceeds industry standards; supported by high-quality components for exceptional real-world protection. Our motherboards are proven to be compatible with more than 1;000 components and devices; and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8;000 hours of strict validation. ASUS gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. By choosing ASUS; you also gain the freedom to select outstanding component options; for trouble-free DIY experiences.
5X Protection III
PRIME X370 series motherboards are engineered with industry-leading 5X Protection III; employing the finest components; excellent circuit design; and exacting standards to guarantee the quality and long-term durability of your motherboard. That means exceptional protection and stability for your build - thanks to decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand.
Fortified PCIe slot prevents damage
SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot. Featuring a fortified design that's anchored to the motherboard by a special hook; Safeslot Core provides 1.6x stronger retention and 1.3x greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots.
Pumped-up throughput. 2.5x higher surge tolerance.
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput; plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your chipset; connectivity ports; and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
DIGI+ VRM Precision control for stable power
ASUS-exclusive DIGI+ VRM intelligently delivers power to the processor based on real-time demands; reducing energy waste and improving system stability.
DRAM Overcurrent Protection Short-circuit damage prevention
Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
Stainless-Steel Back I/O
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that's three times longer than ordinary panels.
ASUS ESD Guards prevent damage from electrostatic discharge; up to +/- 10kV for air discharge and +/- 6kV for contact discharge; arranged in an active-protective-circuit design that prolongs the life of components.
Tested to be compatible with 1;000+ CPUs; DDR4 memory modules; graphics cards and more
Having the freedom to pick and choose the parts that go into your machine is at the heart of PC DIY. Our extensive certification program focuses on providing the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices; giving you the freedom to build and upgrade without frustration. Compatible today and compatible far into the future - that's the ASUS way.
View supported devices and Qualified Vendor List for compatible memory
The superior compatibility of Prime X370 series is evidenced by our extensive list of supported devices - which includes thousands of compatible components - and our Qualified Vendor List that identifies memory compatibility. That means more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
Great Compatibility with ASUS Products
ASUS offers a suite of proprietary components - graphics cards; sound cards; optical drives - that perfectly complement Prime X370 series; so you can complete your custom motherboard build with confidence!
ASUS motherboards have superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8;000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in; environmental; compatibility; software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards; ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
With DDR4; you'll accelerate memory frequencies up to an incredible to 3200MHz! And ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor; so you're assured the best compatibility.
LED-illuminated control for PCIe slot and trace paths
Built-in LED lighting options can illuminate your build in a variety of mesmerizing styles. With specially-designed Fan RGB header control; you can even personalize your own fan lighting scheme with the exclusive AMD RGB Fan!
Energy Efficient Design
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system power savings. EPU automatically optimizes power consumption; and maximizes savings with Away mode.
10Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Onboard
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A; you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s (twice as fast as standard USB 3.1 Gen 1).
Speed Up with Onboard M.2 Up to 32Gb/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth; M.2 supports up to 32Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Component-free areas to minimize damage risk
Fitting your ASUS motherboard is now safer than ever. The comprehensive component-free 'safe zones' around every case-mounting hole minimizes the risk of damage and short circuits caused by contact - so you'll assemble your PC with total confidence!
Effortless PCI Express component removal
The large winged clip is easy to reach and easy to operate. Just press the Q-Slot clip lightly; and the graphics card pops out. Installing or removing even the biggest graphics cards is no sweat!
Easy memory removal
Even if you work with a smaller case; just push down on the one-sided clip and push or pull RAM modules in or out - removing memory is that simple!
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker; EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
One-stop access to innovative ASUS features
ASUS AI Suite 3 offers a brand-new user experience through a clearer and more attractive interface with support for larger monitors. It consolidates all exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use package; allowing you to supervise overclocking; energy consumption; fan speeds; voltages and more. This all-in-one app offers diverse and easy-to-use functionality; with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
- 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-round protection
- LED illumination: Lighting control for both PCIe slot and audio trace paths
- Native M.2: Lightning-fast storage speeds
- Onboard USB 3.1 Gen 2: Latest connectivity for ultrafast 10Gbps transfers
- One-stop controls: Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS with EZ Flash 3
- AMD AM4 Socket AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics/Ryzen 1st Generation/7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
- Supports AM4 Socket 14 nm CPU
- Supports CPU up to 8 cores
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory
- AMD 7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory
- ECC Memory (ECC mode) support varies by CPU.
- Integrated Graphics in the AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 7th Generation A-Series APU
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI-D/RGB ports; Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz; Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz; Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
- Supports AMD CrossFireX Technology
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors: 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
- AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics 7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors: 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)
- AMD Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors: 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
- AMD X370 chipset: 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode); 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1; 2 x PCI
- AMD X370 chipset: 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); Support Raid 0; 1; 10
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- AMD 7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode)
- AMD Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode)
- Realtek RTL8111H; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Audio Feature: LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path; Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference; Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals; Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation/ 7th Generation A-Series/ Athlon X4 Processors: 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel; blue)
- AMD X370 chipset: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel; teal blue)
- AMD X370 chipset: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at mid-board)
- AMD X370 chipset: 6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel; black; 4 at mid-board)
- ASUS 5X Protection III: ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage; ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges; lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges; ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design; ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability; ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 6 Phase digital power design
- ASUS Exclusive Features: AI Suite 3; Ai Charger; ESD Guards
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink; ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
- ASUS EZ DIY: ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3; ASUS EZ Flash 3; ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode; Multi-language BIOS
- ASUS Q-Design: ASUS Q-Slot; ASUS Q-DIMM
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x DVI-D
- 1 x D-Sub
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue)
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) ;
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 3 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x Fan RGB header
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & PCIE mode)
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- User's manual
- I/O Shield
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- ATX Form Factor
- 12 inch x 9.35 inch (30.5 cm x 23.7 cm)