ROG Strix X470-F Gaming is the perfect fusion of performance and panache. It's an ATX motherboard packed with easy-to-use tuning tech and understated aesthetics for those who demand great gaming experiences and refined style. Strix X470-F Gaming keeps the pedal down on performance; and its rich customization options let you push your rig from subtle to standout in seconds.
Up your aesthetic horizons with a new cyber-text design and Aura illumination - to create a personalized gaming with immersion that extends from the inside out.
The distinctive sleek cuts across the ROG Strix heatsink are now accented with a futuristic cyber-text pattern; fusing multiple gaming cultures to create a unique identity for this generation. But it's not all about arresting looks: the all-new ROG Strix motherboards exude material excellence; with a high-quality metal heatsink that adds a satisfying premium touch.
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
The patent-pending ROG pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of up to 12kV and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. Its sleek new design makes it look as good as it performs.
Experience great performance through comprehensive cooling controls; fast storage; and exclusive technologies that enhance memory reliability and speed.
Improved DDR4 Stability
Tuned to take full advantage of Ryzen's capabilities; and ready for the latest memory kits; ROG Strix X470 Series motherboards are built specifically for high-performance gaming rigs. Intelligent firmware delivers the plug-and-play experience that first-time DIYers demand and the essential tuning options that performance-addicts need. Maximize frame rates with a high-bandwidth memory kit; or leverage a host of tuning options to extract peak performance potential from a modest setup. Load up any way you want; and get into the game with Strix X470 Series motherboards.
RAMCache II turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options; its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
Built-in gaming audio means you're ready to play; chat; stream or kick back with videos - right out of the gate. And included smart routing technology allows you to direct various audio streams to different devices.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function) virtual surround for VR headsets; casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets; allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
ROG Strix Gives You More
Design; build; tweak and show off your style - with ROG Strix behind you every step of the way.
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster; lag-free online gaming. New Multi-Gate Teaming brings together all your networks to create gargantuan bandwidth and smoothest-ever gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode; which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for best performance.
- Powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2; front-panel USB 3.1 Gen2 and Gigabit LAN
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting; two RGB headers and one addressable RGB header
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio driven by Japanese capacitors features an onboard LED-illuminated design
- AMD AM4 Socket AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/Ryzen 1st Generation/7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
- Supports CPU up to 8 cores
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation Processors: 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory
- AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors: 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4; 3400(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory
- AMD 7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors: 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory; Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Integrated Graphics in the AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 7th Generation A-Series APU
- Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort ports: Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz; Supports DisplayPort 1.2 with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
- Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors: 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
- AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors: 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 mode)
- AMD X470 chipset: 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode); 3 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon Processors: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode)
- AMD X470 chipset: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 2 mode);6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); Support Raid 0; 1; 10
- Intel I211-AT; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- Anti-surge LANGuard
- ROG GameFirst Technology
- SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A: Dual OP Amplifiers; Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs; Supports : Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel Jack-retasking; High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input; SupremeFX Shielding Technology; Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Audio Feature: Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel; Sonic Radar III; Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
- AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation/7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors: 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel; blue)
- AMD X470 chipset: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
- AMD X470 chipset: 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel; 2 at mid-board)
- AMD X470 chipset: 4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel; red; Type-A)
ROG Exclusive Features
- ROG RAMCache II
- ROG CPU-Z
- GameFirst IV
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5: Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ VRM; Fan Xpert 4; and Turbo App together; providing better CPU performance; efficient power saving; precise digital power control; whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
- TPU: Auto Tuning; TurboV; GPU Boost
- Gamer's Guardian: DRAM Overcurrent Protection; Stainless Steel Back I/O; Highly Durable Components; DIGI+ VRM; SafeSlot; ESD Guards on LAN; Audio; and USB ports
- ASUS EPU: EPU
- AURA: Aura Lighting Control
- ASUS Exclusive Features: AI Suite 3; Ai Charger
- ASUS EZ DIY: ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3; ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS Q-Design: ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED); ASUS Q-Slot; ASUS Q-DIMM
- Gaming Aesthetics: AURA-RGB Lighting
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A;
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 5 x Audio jack(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (red)Type-A
- 1 x USB 3.1 (black)USB Type-C
- Anti-surge LAN (RJ45) port
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
- 2 x RGB Header(s)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 X2 mode)
- 1 x TPM connector(s)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
- 3 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 1 x AIO_PUMP connector
- 1 x W_PUMP+ connector
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x System panel connector
- 1 x COM port header
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 256 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 6.0; Multi-language BIOS;
- ASUS EZ Flash 3; CrashFree BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log;
- F12 PrintScreen; Secure Erase; User Profile; F4 AURA ON/OFF; F9 Search; and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- ATX Form Factor 12 inch x 9.6 inch (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm)