Beauty beyond boundaries
The ASUS MX Series design was inspired by the concentric style of a sundial a masterpiece of innovation created over a millennia ago. The ASUS design processes follow a similar line of thinking: simple yet innovative; natural yet empowering. The ASUS Design Team found inspiration in the sundial concept; and crafted a stand that symbolizes complete flexibility; professionalism; and meticulous art.
A masterful culmination of advanced technology and artistic design; the Designo Series MX299Q Ultra-wide 21:9 Cinematic monitor represents the current state of the art in PC monitors. A sleek 29-inch AH-IPS display with an ultra-wide 21:9 ratio and 2560 x 1080 resolution; the MX229Q delivers a 33% larger display area compared to a Full HD monitor for the best theater-like home entertainment. What's more; the MX299Q has an edge-to-edge; frameless cinematic display for an ideal multi display setup and stylish design.
Ultra-wide resolution enhances work and play
With a display area equivalent to that of two 17-inch (5:4 aspect ratio) monitors placed alongside each other; the ASUS Designo Series MX299Q Ultra-wide 21:9 Cinematic monitor has a display area 33% wider than a Full HD monitor.
The 21:9 aspect ratio gives you more screen real estate for working with multiple windows side-by-side as you would with a secondary display. The 2560 x 1080 resolution also means there are no black bars above and below the image when watching widescreen 2.35:1 movies and gamers can also enjoy games in immersive cinematic widescreen.
The LED-backlit AH-IPS display has extremely accurate color reproduction that makes the MX299Q ideally suited for both professional and home use. A 178-degree wide viewing angles also ensures minimal color distortion for enhanced screen sharing.
Incredibly subtle yet sophisticated
The MX299Q features an ultra-slim profile measuring just 16.4mm at its thinnest point. ASUS Designo Series MX monitors have received numerous design accolades that include the 2012 Japan Good Design Award. The MX299Q also won a 2013 CES Innovations Awards in the Video Displays category.
ASUS MultiFrame Software
ASUS MultiFrame keeps your desktop neat and organized when managing multiple windows at once.
QuickFit Virtual Scale
With a simple hotkey; you can preview your photos and documents on screen in their actual sizes prior to printing; or work with an alignment grid to ensure everything is straight and true.
Splendid Video Intelligence Technology
ASUS Splendid is built upon a color engine that automatically analyzes and determines the nature and parameters of current visual tasks; adjusting display parameters to ensure optimal color accuracy and image fidelity.
Premium; immersive SonicMaster audio; co-developed with Bang and Olufsen ICEpower
The ASUS Designo Series MX299Q Ultra-wide 21:9 Cinematic monitor features ASUS SonicMaster audio technology; co-developed with Bang and Olufsen ICEpower. A combination of advanced audio hardware and professional audio processing; SonicMaster refines every acoustic detail to deliver crystal clear sound with richer; more distinct vocals and wide frequency range. The MX299Q has an embedded Bang and Olufsen ICEpower MobileSound 3 chip that delivers incredible audio fidelity through the two built-in 3-watt stereo speakers for rich and satisfying sound.
Considering its slender form factor; adding powerful audio to MX299Q presented a challenge. Nonetheless; the display features up to 32mm diameter speakers for greater and smoother sound impact with better bass performance. It also offers a resonance chamber of up to 100cc; expanding monitor sound range to new extremes.
A built-in amplifier powers speaker sound reproduction; just like a car engine with more horsepower means better performance can be attained. MX299Q uses up to 5W amplifiers per channel; with speakers embedding large rare earth magnets to generate more powerful and striking sound.
With a variety of video input options ranging from DisplayPort; Dual-link DVI and HDMI/MHL; and with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) providing a single-cable video and power connection for compatible smartphones and tablets; you can connect almost any multimedia device to your MX299Q Ultra-wide 21:9 Cinematic monitor.
- Ultra-wide 21:9 2560 x 1080 resolution LED display with a frameless; edge-to-edge design for pristine cinematic experience and enhanced productivity
- AH-IPS display with 178 degree wide-view angle for high-quality visual clarity and minimal color distortion
- ASUS SonicMaster Technology; co-developed with Bang and Olufsen ICEpower; for audio playback that stays true to the source
- DisplayPort; HDMI/MHL; and Dual-link DVI ports for multi-device connectivity
- Panel Size: Wide Screen 29.0"(73.025cm) 21:9
- Panel Type: AH-IPS
- True Resolution: 2560 x 1080
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2628mm
- Brightness(Max): 300 cd/m
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR): 80M:1
- Viewing Angle (CR<=10): 178 degree(H)/178 degree(V)
- Response Time: 5ms (Gray to Gray)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
Video; Audio Feature
- Trace Free Technology
- Splendid Video Intelligence Technology
- Splendid Video Preset Modes: 6 Modes (sRGB Mode/Scenery Mode/Theater
- Mode/Standard Mode/Night View Mode/Game Mode)
- Skin-Tone Selection: 3 Modes
- Color Temperature Selection: 4 Modes
- Gamma adjustment: Yes (Support Gamma 2.2/1.8 )
- QuickFit (modes): Yes (Letter/Alignment Grid/Photo Modes)
- HDCP support
- Stereo Speakers: 3W x 2 Stereo RMS with Bang and Olufsen ICEpower
Convenient Hotkey; I/O Ports
- Convenient Hotkey: Splendid Video Preset Mode Selection; Auto. Adjustment; Brightness; Adjustment; Volume Adjustment; Input Selection; QuickFit
- Signal Input: HDMI/MHL; DisplayPort; Dual-link DVI-D
- PC Audio Input: 3.5mm Mini-Jack
- AV Audio Input: HDMI
- Earphone jack: 3.5mm Mini-Jack (for HDMI and DisplayPort Only)
Signal Frequency; Power Consumption
- Digital Signal Frequency: 30~83 KHz(H)/50~61 Hz(V)
- Power On Mode: <31.7W
- Power Saving Mode: <0.5W
- Power Off Mode: <0.5W
- Voltage: 100-240V; 50/60Hz
Mechanical Design; Security
- Chassis Colors: Silver+Black
- Tilt: +20 degree~-5 degree
- Slim Design: Yes
- Security: Kensington lock
- Dimension with Stand (W x H x D): 700.2 x 391 x 215.1 mm
- Weight (Esti.): 5.5kg